1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

July 10th: M23 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Coco (Jan 10: Teaser)

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Pocket Monsters the Movie: Coco

http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/

Teaser 1:

Translations of news and updates:
    Initial website

Based on the creations of Satoshi Tajiri
    Directed by Tetsuo Yajima
    Written by Tetsuo Yajima and Atsuhiro Tomioka
    Produced by Pikachu Project
    Distributed by Toho

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  2. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 ^Probably Steven Universe?

I kinda hope it's an AU movie, I wonder what that Ash has been up to. Also, I'd love if Yajima was the director, he knocked it out of the park with M21

3. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I hope it's main Ash, they can literally do whatever with him now. Plus AU Ash is as interesting as stale toast
    Though Galar better get at least one movie regardless

lemoncatpower likes this.
  4. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

I honestly don't care if it is AU Ash or not. The movies are usually so far removed from continuity that it doesn't really matter which one is, he might aswell be another Ash and it would change nothing, other than Go not being there.

But yeah i definetly hope it focuses on the Galar region. Poor thing already has to share so much screentime with 7 other regions.

5. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

In all honestly I would prefer if it's not main Ash, do to the fact that if they use main Ash in the movies again then they are limited to what pokemon Ash can have in the movie as well as his Pokémon's moves as they don't tend to like to have team changes happen in the movies because then if they had any permanent team changes or one of the main cast pokemon from the anime evolved in the movie then they would have to have that appear in the anime.

Basically having the movies not featuring main Ash is better because then it means that the movies can do whatever they want.

6. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

You say that, but at the end of the day it is more likely that AU Ash would end up using just Pikachu or a Pokémon that main Ash already owns, like it happened in the previous two movies.

7. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

First all new movie in two years? Sounds like a return to the continuity than the AU.

I'd like to be wrong though

8. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This year's movie was a remake, so we technically haven't had anything new since 2018.

9. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification. Come on AU verse.

JustAStatistic likes this.
  10. Eddieursa

Eddieursa Marsh Trainer

I have nothing against AU, but it's either to experience a lot of Deja Vu or being pissed by missing details (like no Bulbasaur and Squirtle in the AU movie).

So, I hope we will return to a movie connected to the main Anime.

11. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

I hope it's an AU movie.

RLC, JustAStatistic and Leonhart like this.
  12. That is great news! I hope we get a trailer soon.

Leonhart and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  13. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

More like an entire movie with just Pikachu... again.

I'd much rather it be main Ash. He's not boring and a hollow shell of himself(Even worse in the TRio's case, they're worse than the XY counterparts!), and he'd actually use somebody other than Pikachu.

Pretty easy to send Ash pretty much anywhere, him and Go are out on a research run for Sakuragi which just so happens to be in movie-town/city where they end up getting mixed into the movie's plot(Would be nice if they utilize one OS thing that was actually interesting, movie villains being TR members instead of random bad guys who don't typically get backstory. Team Rocket is notorious for hunting down legendaries, so nothing new with one trying to capture the newest mythical or whatever). Plus with just Ash and Go it gives room for more time for the plot as you already know who they are, and the movie doesn't waste time trying(and failing lol) to get you to care for Brock/Misty-lite and the M21 citizens

14. They can go in two directions :

*Or they stick to the alternative universe, where they follow M21 and M22 Ash.

*Or they go to the main anime again, with Ash and Gou, they can be anywhere arent bounded to one region, so that gives creativity freedom.

If they want to show new legendary or mytical pokemon in Galar there aren't much of them and it seems like the legendary pokemon will be shown in the main anime.

I just don't hope they reboot movies with Gou in.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  15. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

I just can't decide.

I love the AU and its take on Ash. But on another hand, I want Go to be in a movie.

Either way, I'm looking forward this movie. Hopefully I'll get to go to Japan next year thus giving me a chance to support it in the theaters.

Kawaii Emolga and KenzeyEevee like this.
  16. Kawaii Emolga

Kawaii Emolga The cutest EVER!!!!

I would prefer if the main character isn't Ash, but other trainer, but, that's kinda impossible :p
    If I had to choose between AU Ash and main Ash, I would choose main Ash, because I prefer to see the characters that we already know in the main anime instead of brand new characters that we know nothing about.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  17. Rune Knight

Rune Knight Well-Known Member

I really hope that they adapt the Eternatus storyline in someway. If it ends up being part of the anime that is fine too, though I could see it being a movie.

Kawaii Emolga and KenzeyEevee like this.
  18. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

It's referring to the fact that that last year we didn't get an all-new movie, but a remake. The full line that bit is quoted from specifically talks about how "Last year's Pokemon movie, Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution, was a full 3DCG remake of Mewtwo Strikes Back, so this is going to be the first all-new Pokemon movie in 2 years".

19. I wonder how how they will portray Dynamax Eternatus anyway?

Trey pokes and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  20. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

I really want it to be AU Ash. Hope they show more than Pikachu this time, like his Charizard for example and some new mon he may have captured.