• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 25th: M23 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Coco (Feb 28: Story/profiles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Yay. Another AU Pokemon movie. I hope they never stop building on this continuity.
That "continuity" has less connection than the anime's series. M20 and 21 are not connected at all other than with... Ash's hat? And even that isn't exactly the same.

I see them as standalone movies, and this one will be no exception.

diakyu

Yeah I don't think it being in this AU continuity matters. Stuff like the hat being the same just signifies this isn't our normal Ash. Honestly I really like the Power of Us so I'm excited to see how this movie turns out.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
I wonder why in the Power of us and Koko they give him cool outfits and in PM2019, that it's in between those two movies, his clothes are kind of something I would wear when I'm lazy to match everything and just grab the first thing I find. Someone, rescue anime Ash's wardrobe.
The director is the reason I guess.
He always gave Ash cool outfits.

diakyu

Also to all the people worrying about Celebi, it'd be real odd if they included the same shrine design from the fourth movie and didn't include Celebi.

Basically for this movie compared to the Power of Us-

Lugia=Celebi
Zeraora=Calyrex

Leonhart

Imagineer
This is just my two cents, but Badorekkusu is such a strange creature that the possibility of it being this movie's Legendary focal point worries me. Unless it's got an amazing secondary form or some other redeeming factor, I'm struggling to see how they'd be able to market it in this movie in a way that makes it widely appealing.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I wonder why in the Power of us and Koko they give him cool outfits and in PM2019, that it's in between those two movies, his clothes are kind of something I would wear when I'm lazy to match everything and just grab the first thing I find. Someone, rescue anime Ash's wardrobe.

I dunno, Ash's outfit in the current show kind of grew on me. It's not his best look, but I don't find it a really bad design.

The official website has updated. The first post has been updated with all we currently know:

Most interesting part for me is that Yajima is sharing writting credit with Tomioka.

Something else in the poster. Ash has gloves again.

Didnt realize how much I missed them

I've noticed that too. Only reason I didn't point it out is because AU Ash always kept his gloves

I really like Yajima's take on Ash and his commitment to the characters. Since he's most likely succeeding Yuyama, I can safely say he's a worthy sucessor

BabaVanga

It looks like a poor man's version of his current outfit to be honest. T-shirt is just so cringey.
They just made game protagonist's clothes looks cooler. I prefer if Ash wears original outfits.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Since Tarzan was raised by Gorillas I'm predicting "Coco" himself could have a Rillaboom as a companion Pokemon.
Tarzan thought of those gorillas as his family, though. If there is a Rillaboom, it'll be the boy's father.

Who can't accept the boy for replacing his dead Grookey kid, eaten by a rabbid Liepard. That's okay for mama Oranguru, though. She loves her new kid.

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Oh, Coco can swing into tree vines too. Now, Iris has some competition on who's the wildest character in the Pokemon anime, which includes the movies too.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Tbh this art style is the best Pokémon has ever looked, in my eyes. Ash looks noticeably older here (it’s not even much of a difference, but I am getting huge BW vibes, which I appreciate since it’s my favorite Ash design) and his outfit looks similar to his current one while still looking infinitely cooler. The style and feel of these AU movies is just so vivid and full of life, which also helps elevate the material in them. With Yajima and Tomioka at the helm there’s really nothing to be worried about.

SatoSereFan224888

I know. Also I think they made Ash look noticeably older.

Status
Not open for further replies.