1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

July 12th: M22- Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (July 16: Supportive screening)

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ "Christina"

I think probably late towards the end of the year

SinnohEevee and Henry's Journey like this.
  2. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Yeah, pretty sure we should get more details around the end of the year. For the last movie, we got first details in December 2017 so somewhere in December will be a likely time.

3. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi Platinum Mad

This movie will most likely be a combination of LGPE and gen VIII promotion, with Mewtwo and the new gen VIII Pokémon surely set to debut.

SinnohEevee likes this.
  4. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

It's a long shot, but maybe will see either Mega Mewtwo Z or Mewthree.
    Usually in December.

5. ravenhearst24

ravenhearst24 New Member

So I heard Mewtwo was seen in CGI in that movie. If this movie turns out to be a full CGI movie, I dunno. Though I have nothing against CGI animes as I loved the Ajin Trilogy, Godzilla and Blame movies but I don't know. A full CGI Pokemon Movie doesn't feel like Pokemon anymore.

Also, if this is true, now I'm scared of what will be the new art style for the Gen 8 anime...

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  6. Mega Altaria

The only thing that I remember that was CGI in the original movie was the title and it seemed cool back then. Maybe the title of this movie will be CGI for nostalgia purposes but the rest of the movie would be drawn animations to capture the essence of anime. It would be weird for an entire Pokémon movie to be in CGI.

LilligantLewis and Kage-Pikachu like this.
  7. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

Always pictured Kanto Mewtwo as the uglier of the two, using the X form, whereas the more feminine Unova Mewtwo uses the sleeker Y

I am going to laugh hysterically if we get something involving Mewtwo X, because I've been saying that for years at this point

8. Xeogran

Xeogran I see.

I always wondered how would they showcase Mega Mewtwo X. It's not confirmed to appear, but this is the best opportunity, unless he gets a Z form of course.

9. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I sincerely hope it isn't CGI....
    I was okay with them trying a new style for M21, even hoped it'd stick for the gen 8 anime, but an entire movie in CGI just wouldn't feel or look right at all. I'd take the SM style of Ash over CGI Ash any day and that's saying something. If they want to do CGI, then do something special like Generations something that won't involve Ash.

LilligantLewis and Kage-Pikachu like this.
  10. Mega Altaria

Yeah. I'm expecting the Mewtwo that Mega Evolves into Mega Mewtwo X to be a more cool one, act confidently in battle and have more destructive behaviours. Maybe because it has been abused by humans it develops a mentality that it wants to wipe out all of humanity.

11. Lol they really dont want to give the SM cast a movie. Hmm. Honestly I find it kinda strange that they first make a movie about Johto and then suddenly again about Kanto.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  12. Lol not many creativity. Just Mega Evolution Mewtwo vs Z-Move Mew. I am wondering with who Ash will travel, it is not Brock or Misty.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  13. Mega Altaria

Yeah because the Tapus, Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma are integral to the SM plot so they likely won't appear in a movie at all. Maybe they wanted to hold Mewtwo back for next year so that they can attract more veteran players to Pokémon 2019 because the original movie would be considered to be a nostalgic moment for them.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  14. Couldnt they do that movie in the theaters then? That would be a box-office

Mega Altaria likes this.
  15. Mega Altaria

Hopefully it will be a box office release around the world and that it won't just be limited to a DVD release and a box office release in Japan. I expect that when the veteran fans see this, they will be mesmerised by the movie.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  16. I also think that. But you never know, it is still pokémon It will be the last Kanto movie and then again focussing on Gen 8.

Mega Altaria likes this.
  17. It seems on Twitter that the reactions arent positive. Many call it lame and another Mewtwo movie.

FlygontheRavager likes this.
  18. Mega Altaria

Not too sure if it will but it depends on what happens to the Legendaries there. But I guess this is likely the last Kanto one that will be covered for the time being. But when this movie debuts, it will debut on the 21st anniversary of the 1st movie's release in Japan.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  19. Yeah. I hope at least it will be good. More TR. And more fighting! Evolution, do they mean Mega Evolution or what?

Mega Altaria likes this.
  20. Mega Altaria

Pretty sure the Mewtwo and the Mew fight will be the most intense part of the movie. I wonder if we'll see Ash turn to stone again which was one of the saddest moments in the original movie. I guess Team Rocket will be sneaky as usual and possibly finding out about Mewtwo's cloning factory like in the original movie. Maybe we'll even see Meowth get cloned again.