1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

July 12th: M22- Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (July 16: Supportive screening)

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Jul 13, 2018.

1. If it is a retelling, I wont watch it. Movie 20 was dissapointing already. Movie 21 sounds the same.

Mega Altaria likes this.
  2. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Same here. I don't want and I don't expect the exact same movie but there will be something different for sure. But I'm sure they'll take the key parts from the first movie.

3. Darking-Lucario

Darking-Lucario Active Member

I really like the idea of a remake/retelling. But as long as Ed Goldfarb does the score, I'm not really excited. Please bring back Ralph Schuckett & John Loeffler or at least recycle their themes. Or use the score from Shinji Miyazaki in the dub.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  4. lolipiece

lolipiece Now that's using your noodle Staff Member Moderator

Hmph. We're doing a Mewtwo retelling instead of the Unown movie?

I guess that's fine, but I really wanted to get that T-Rex movie that was in the original concepts for the third movie.

5. I just dont understand why they first do two Jotho pokémon and then a Kanto Pokémon.

6. Orginality is rare this days in pokémon....

7. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

This is like the fourth movie with Mewtwo as one of the key characters or not?...uhh. Poor Alola, it never got it's own movie if this is the third part of a trilogy.

If anything, it's a remake of the Mewtwo Strikes back special movie from 2001, which was the sequel of the first movie. I am curious to see how much stuff they'll mention from the past Mewtwo movies. M16 was already lacking in that department. If M22 is going to be like that, then there's no point into making another sequel (which I asume is fact based on the title), then I am expecting a certain amount of continuation.

8. Mega Altaria

The sequel to the first movie was titled Mewtwo Returns. Mewtwo Strikes Back is the title of the original movie. But however this movie is likely to be set in an AU so it will likely not have any continuity from the original movie and Mewtwo Returns.

UltimateNinja likes this.
  9. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

The first movie was my fav..
    but I wonder why they go in this order particularry.. strange

10. How do you mean?

11. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

They're cloning the movie about clones... lol

but no I'm not excited what so ever about the new news, I was REALLY hoping for an ALOLA movie, BUT I'm sure it'll come eventually, hopefully, maybe, we'll see... The first movie remains one of my favorite movies of all time (along with the first like six pokemon movies lol), so this will be interesting, but I know not to judge it on the same level. I am going to take it as it's own pokemon movie and judge it as such, even though I would prefer the original pokemon movie formats (as in not the AU).

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  12. Rock Captain 99

Rock Captain 99 Sword and Shield

Do you guys think it would be based in AU only?? If it's linked to the first movie, then it better be the real universe and not the alternate one!

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  13. Mega Altaria

It may or may not be. But it can still be set in the AU by having a different storyline and to the original as well as different companions while being set in the same setting and time. Although if it were to be an AU again I do expect the companions to be different to those in the last two movies.

14. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

Something to keep in mind, these little previews at the end are often teases of a small aspect of the movies at best. And over the next 10 months we will learn more about the true "star Pokemon" of the movie as well as it's true full title.

I can't remember which movie it was... but I'm pretty sure one tease showed Lugia and Ho-Oh battling and that never ended up happening.

15. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper Of The Gates Ambitious

Does this mean the writers are confident enough in their abilities to go with the real Mewtwo this time?

16. Kein

Kein AKA Unown Seer

They won't drop Mewtwo from the title. There is likely to be another star, but I don't see it overshadowing Mewtwo.

17. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

It will probably overshadow since it's 100 percent likely to be a Gen 8 Pokemon

LilligantLewis likes this.
  18. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

You're right. The japanese title for the first movie is indeed Mewtwo Strikes back. Got confused with the titles.

I seriously hope that Mewtwo mentions the past events during the first movie and Returns. At least something since the appeal of the movie is probably going to be how Mewtwo now looks onto humanity and for this they need to mention his hate in M01.

19. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ "Christina"

I'd like to see more of Mewtwo's past and its backstory as well.

20. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

If this is set in the AU if anything they will probably alter its backstory a bit. Can't have everything be a carbon copy of the first movie.