1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

July 12th: M22- Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (July 16: Supportive screening)

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Well I honestly think that most of the LGPE hype would have died then by the time the movie gets released but at least some people will buy it much later so for these people it could at least attract some to buying these games. But still announcing the Mythical beforehand and including it in this movie will bring hype to the upcoming 2019 Pokémon Switch games. So it makes sense in the promotional sense of view because Pokémon movies were intended to be promotional in the first place.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  2. Redstar45

Redstar45 The anime canon cop !

It is out in November this year ........

3. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Yeah I know the games are coming out this year in November but if you really look at the movie that promotes the games doesn't tend to come out until July of the year after the games come out so for instance even though ORAS came out in 2014 the movie that promoted it didn't come out until July 2015, so it makes sense that the move coming out July of next year is going to be the one that promote the games that are coming out this year.

4. Redstar45

Yeah now i know but sorry that i was little confused about what you say by let's go pikachu and eevee out in 2019 .

5. Kein

Kein AKA Unown Seer

Just the announcement of this movie helps promote LGPE.

6. Redstar45

I know i know now thank anyway .

7. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ "Christina"

I'm looking forward to this movie, it's a shame the wait for new info is going to be so long :(

satopi likes this.
  8. Redstar45

I think the information will be out in November or something like that

9. Kein

Kein AKA Unown Seer

December.

10. Redstar45

yeah something like that!

11. ravenhearst24

ravenhearst24 New Member

November is quite unlikely for a new info about a movie. They begin giving out information around December.

12. Redstar45

I think that i alright got that now but thanks for help .....i guess ?

LilligantLewis and KenzeyEevee like this.
  13. Jangobadass

Jangobadass Harley D Luffy

Calling it now: Mega-Mewtwo X will finally be animated

14. Redstar45

Maybe or it could definitely mean something else .....we need more info about what the m22 is going to about then other then just the return of mewtwo .

15. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Yeah but we'll have to wait several months for any more information to come. So for the time being there wouldn't be much based on confirmed information and rather based on wishful thinking and speculation.

16. Blood Red

Blood Red ...

Finally, some genuinely exciting Pokémon news! Can't wait to see M01's genocidal maniac again.

Curious to see if they'll use the Japanese characterization or the Mewtwo Strikes Back characterization for the dub.

17. Redstar45

Um in Japanese version of the retell.....they would keep it's personally a same as in the first movie......but if it is just a sequel to mewtwo ! I am here dvd movie then his personality probably is that you know?

18. Lord Starfish

Lord Starfish Fond of owls

I would assume they'll stick to the Japanese characterization. Other than Team Rocket spouting puns non-stop, the dub doesn't really go out of its way to change the script these days from what I've seen.

Blood Red likes this.
  19. Blood Red

Blood Red ...

That's actually kinda disappointing. I don't really like the current Pokémon dub, but I'd watch the M01 dub for classic Mewtwo.

20. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper Of The Gates Ambitious

The real difference in characterization was Mew, though. Mewtwo was mostly the same in both, a Social Darwinist who believed clones were stronger. Mew in the original is basically the same but says originals are better. The dub basically turned Gray vs Grey into Black vs White.