• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: M22- Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (July 16: Supportive screening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Thinking about it... The next gen comes next year. This movie could try to pull a similar strategy as Yokai Watch Shadow Side: debut the new anime series characters and some of its concepts here, with popular japanese celebrities voicing them. Then, they show up proper in the show and get more... "traditional", "more dedicated" ("cheaper"?) VAs

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
The real difference in characterization was Mew, though. Mewtwo was mostly the same in both, a Social Darwinist who believed clones were stronger. Mew in the original is basically the same but says originals are better. The dub basically turned Gray vs Grey into Black vs White.
I wonder that change if this is retelling of the first movie ?......i hope not !

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Let's also hope there aren't any deus-ex-machina magic tears this time
for the first movie, that was one of the biggest tear jerking moments in pokemon. I can still remember balling in the movie theatre at that. Hopefully they don't go that route as they won't ever be able to do it as good as they originally did. I feel bad for people who weren't alive or can't remember those feelings and how good it was when pokemon was still new.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
for the first movie, that was one of the biggest tear jerking moments in pokemon. I can still remember balling in the movie theatre at that. Hopefully they don't go that route as they won't ever be able to do it as good as they originally did. I feel bad for people who weren't alive or can't remember those feelings and how good it was when pokemon was still new.
I agree. And it's uhh, spelled "bawling". I don't think you were playing basketball at that point of the movie.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Let's also hope there aren't any deus-ex-machina magic tears this time

Didn't he die in the first movie in this universe as a reference to this?
I hope they don't kill him again, he's not Kenny.

Redstar45

Didn't he die in the first movie in this universe as a reference to this?
I hope they don't kill him again, he's not Kenny.
He doesn't get kill that much in most movie you know

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
He doesn't get kill that much in most movie you know

He just died two movies ago. Killing him only works so many times, you know they aren't going to actually kill him. He'll be brought back within a few minutes

Redstar45

He just died two movies ago. Killing him only works so many times, you know they aren't going to actually kill him. He'll be brought back within a few minutes
Well ....that do getting annoyed when they pull it! And i rather that they just age him maybe 12 or 16 ......something like that you know ?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I think that Ash will still have the same age in this movie as in the previous movies and the main anime. I don’t think the writers will bother changing their mind too much on that.

Redstar45

I think that Ash will still have the same age in this movie as in the previous movies and the main anime. I don’t think the writers will bother changing their mind too much on that.
They cant keep kill him and bring him back to life over and over again eventually even Japanese fans would find it annoying and won't watch it themselves. And i know most Pokemon anime movie already has lower rates before the M20 is out last year or so.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
They cant keep kill him and bring him back to life over and over again eventually even Japanese fans would find it annoying and won't watch it themselves. And i know most Pokemon anime movie already has lower rates before the M20 is out last year or so.
But then they gotta come up with something that’s more exciting than the death for upcoming movies so that it doesn’t get too repetitive then. Right now I don’t think it’s too repetitive, but the feelings won’t be as powerful as what it was in the first movie.

Redstar45

I hope that it is not retell of the Pokemon first movie or it is but with a twist......the fan of the original one would be likey to be piss by that choice they made .......they already mad about new mewtwo in bw movie be voice by female actress......in 2013.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I think the Western fans prefer the darker Mewtwo that wants to wipe out humanity rather than a more friendly Mewtwo. I still think they’ll go with the darker one.

Redstar45

I am thinking more about what Japanese fans think not the weastern fan as they not main focus for writers and director that do the story (no offense to them)....... sorry for not making a clear that for you .

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
A more ambiguous and complex Mewtwo might be more interesting though. Although not as dark as we expect but maybe we’ll have the Japanese Mewtwo as in wishing no harm on humanity but it instead believes that clones are superior.

Redstar45

maybe we’ll have the Japanese Mewtwo as in wishing no harm on humanity but it instead believes that clones are superior.
i think that would make mewtwo and the new movie different from Pokemon the first movie story......that might work well !

Status
Not open for further replies.