• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: M22- Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (July 16: Supportive screening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Er... Is it true that Ash DOES NOT "dies" like in the original movie? Somme spammy threads at "we know where" said so, but they got deleted. I do not live in Japan so I can't tell. Somebody said the manga even has censored that specific scene. Did it got removed from EVOLUTION?

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Er... Is it true that Ash DOES NOT "dies" like in the original movie? Somme spammy threads at "we know where" said so, but they got deleted. I do not live in Japan so I can't tell. Somebody said the manga even has censored that specific scene. Did it got removed from EVOLUTION?
According to PokéBeach, the petrification scene still plays out more or less the same, but he turns into some sort of shiny black material rather than the plain stone we saw in the old movie. Which I guess could be considered censorship in a way, in that the dull stone texture makes him look more "dead" than the alternative... But that, and a different soundtrack, were the only differences they described in that scene,

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I think it's kinda interesting that coming in between two psychic blasts (did we ever get what moves Mewtwo and Mew used?) practically petrifies you if just not outright kill you. Turning into obsidian or carbon-based material (dem radiation burns yo) probably is really no different from turning into stone, so even if Ash never "died", he was stuck in some perpetual state of limbo. Perhaps it's a fate worse than death.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Kind of sad he doesn't crumble to dust because of the ripe opportunity for Thanos memes.

Redstar45

Kind of sad he doesn't crumble to dust because of the ripe opportunity for Thanos memes.
That did sort happened in I choses you! Film!

Redstar45

Were there any other changes from the original in this one, except the 'petrification' thing?
Few but i not sure if in movie or in the manga like Sakaki vs Mewtwo or mew convinced Pokemon to fight their respective copies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Mew's dialogue in that scene is 100% identical to its dialogue from the original movie.
I assume that means it will remain silent/indecipherable in the English dub.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I assume that means it will remain silent/indecipherable in the English dub.

Um... what? Mew's speech was translated by Meowth, the dub just worded things differently. Also Mew mewls a lot in the film, we just only get a couple of scenes of iteration from either Mewtwo or Meowth.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Um... what? Mew's speech was translated by Meowth, the dub just worded things differently. Also Mew mewls a lot in the film, we just only get a couple of scenes of iteration from either Mewtwo or Meowth.
I'm pretty sure dub!Mew never got translated as saying that not being a clone was superior to being one. It's been a long time since I've seen it though.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'm pretty sure dub!Mew never got translated as saying that not being a clone was superior to being one. It's been a long time since I've seen it though.

"Real strength comes from the heart" was what it was changed to lol. But nah, TPCi would be stupid to leave Mew's speech untranslated.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
BTW, did genesis supernova appear?

Status
Not open for further replies.