• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: M22- Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (July 16: Supportive screening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I still wanna know where IMDB got the US release date from. They moved it from the 17th to the 22nd, now.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedR said:
Thanks! And I agree, i thought this movie would for sure make it to theaters in US and Canada! Oh well...
Hopefully it will air on TV!

I also expected the dub of this movie to hit theaters with a lot of fanfare considering that it's a remake of the first movie, which was the most success Pokemon movie internationally I believe. With all the Kanto nostaglia recently, it's shocking to me that the English dub of this movie isn't being promoted as much as I had previously anticipated.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I swear to God, if IMDB got that date because of the TCG collector chest coming out that very day...

Happy 20th anniversary to the English theatrical release btw. November sure is quite the month for Pokémon, ain't it.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I keep seeing things like they were using the 4Kids script but got in trouble. Just not sure how true it is. I thought 4Kids was gone and would think TPCI had all the rights

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Considering the remake of the first movie with Mewtwo, do you think this is a sign that Mewtwo will appear in the new Pokemon Anime?

I mean, Go is determined to find and capture Mew. So, if he and Ash follow Mew's traces, I suppose this could lead them to find the story of Team Rocket's cloning experiments and the creation of Mewtwo.

Kein

AKA Silktree
I mean, Go is determined to find and capture Mew. So, if he and Ash follow Mew's traces, I suppose this could lead them to find the story of Team Rocket's cloning experiments and the creation of Mewtwo.
We've never seen Mewtwo cooperate with Mew, so that's definitely something they could do regardless of this movie.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
*Looks on IMDb* UK release: November 22nd
*narrows eyes* I'm going to call BS on this for the time being.

EDIT (24 hours later): It seems that IMDb has removed the alleged release dates.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Disney XD won't be airing it in December

Disney XD won't be airing it at all at this rate. It's possible they might want to dump this onto Netflix, but I haven't even seen "Everyone's Story" on Netflix yet. This is just so bizarre.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:
Considering the remake of the first movie with Mewtwo, do you think this is a sign that Mewtwo will appear in the new Pokemon Anime?

I might have said yes if the new movie wasn't CGI [which to me implies that it's not meant to be strictly canon to the main series], but right now I doubt that there's a connection to the main series and Gou's goal.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Twilight-Kun said:
Have we gotten any word on why the dub is ridiculously delayed?

I'm assuming that the delay might have been caused by some kind of licensing issue. At the very least, I can't imagine that the actual dub work would take that long even for a CGI movie, so it's most likely not be an issue with the actual dubbing itself and more of a problem with distribution rights or something along those lines.

D

Deleted member 384931

I don't really care about it, they can easily skip it because it's a remake. If they have to adjust the lips per language, like French that would be difficult and time wasting.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I'm assuming that the delay might have been caused by some kind of licensing issue. At the very least, I can't imagine that the actual dub work would take that long even for a CGI movie, so it's most likely not be an issue with the actual dubbing itself and more of a problem with distribution rights or something along those lines.
Wasn't the first movie owned by Warner Bros for a while or something?

Sorta like why the Twitch marathon had to skip some of the movies because they were owned by a different company?

Status
Not open for further replies.