• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: M22- Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (July 16: Supportive screening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Random late-night question that just popped into mind, but as Ichimura is returning as Mewtwo, does that mean Kōichi Yamadera will return as Mew? Think Voyager/Miranda will return (in which if she does and Sachiko Kobayashi reprises, that "Kaze to Issho ni" remix sounds more likely)?
Kaze to issho ni ?

Redstar45

Oh that .....i always skip that part as after Satoshi talking about hou-hou from episode 1 ....my bad @Kutie Pie
Good song though

Redstar45

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Random late-night question that just popped into mind, but as Ichimura is returning as Mewtwo, does that mean Kōichi Yamadera will return as Mew? Think Voyager/Miranda will return (in which if she does and Sachiko Kobayashi reprises, that "Kaze to Issho ni" remix sounds more likely)?

Yamadera is pretty much garanteed. Dude's showed up in all pokémon movies so far. So I don't see how it'd be different here.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Pokemon Fan's "info on the movie", thanks to AshSerena:

https://i.imgur.com/Oi8IL8d.jpg

A super teaser for the Pokémon movie!!

It premieres Friday July 12th!!

This summer's Pokémon movie is MEWTWO STRIKES BACK EVOLUTION!!
The legendary movie is returning!!

It's been 21 years since "Pocket Monsters the Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back". And now, this mega hit that spread the "Pokémon" name all over the world is coming back in a new form!!

The protagonist is the legendary Pokémon Mewtwo!!
Its might is overwhelming in every regard! You'll want to see how awesome the "legendary Pokémon" is on the big screen as soon as possible!!

(Mewtwo: A Pokémon created by scienstists studying Pokémon)

https://i.imgur.com/ZT5uvYq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/N2sWXIx.jpg

The Pokémon depicted in full 3DCG!!

"Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution" is animated in full 3DCG! The Pokémon's appearances alone will make you unable to stop your excitement!!

The mythical Pokémon Mew! It holds the key to the movie's plot?!
Mew is a mythical Pokémon said to be the source of Mewtwo's creation. Make sure to watch out for what kind of relationship these two have in the movie!!
(Blurb: Mewtwo and Mew face each other in silence. Are they allies? Or...?)

(Mew: It is said to possess the genetic composition of all Pokémon.)
(Pikachu: Mewtwo is intriguing enough, but when we think of Pokémon, we think of Pikachu! Make sure to keep watch to learn what kind of role it will play in the movie!!)

All the Pokémon will be moving around in full 3DCG!!
The Pokémon will run, fly and unleash moves in a manner so lively it's almost as if they're alive! You can expect intense animation the likes of which you can't get anywhere other than in this movie!!
(Mewtwo: You can see how cool it is even from behind!)
(Mew: It looks like it's going to flutter off to somewhere?!)
(Pikachu: Pikachu's body is really tufty)

"Pocket Monsters the Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back" was a legendary mega hit!!
"Mewtwo Strikes Back", which premiered 21 years ago, was a massive hit that got screened in theaters all across the world! It truly was a legendary movie that broke numerous records!!

Pokémon Movie 1: "Pocket Monsters the Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back" (premiered in 1998)
(Blurb: Mewtwo, a Pokémon created by humans, shows Satoshi and the others its enormous power!)

Pokémon Movie 16: "Pocket Monsters Best Wishes the Movie: Extremespeed Genesect - The Awakening of Mewtwo" (premiered in 2013)
(Blurb: Mewtwo fought to save the Genesect, who had been ressurected by humans to be used for evil!)

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I'm starting to worry that the humans will look hideous

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
So this is definitely Mewtwo's story given they use "protagonist" to describe him, but that's a word most people would use to describe the good guy at first glance, so that could be throwing a few folks off in thinking "So he's a good guy?". While he's not a villain protagonist, Mewtwo was an anti-villain who became an anti-hero by the end of his story, and I can still see that being the case. The antagonist was of course Giovanni, but his was an interesting case in that that antagonist left the story early on having already left his mark on the protagonist, so Mewtwo took over that role as well so the deuteragonist, who may be Ash but it could've been Mew's role, could step in.

It's probably me just looking a bit too deep into what little information we got, but I'm wondering if they've changed up the roles a bit in that they're questioning, or at least throwing on a thin coat of mystery, just what the relationship is between Mewtwo and Mew if they're allies or whatever they would say otherwise (it wouldn't necessarily be "enemies"). I believe they're still going to have a fight since one of Mewtwo's conflicts is that he has a superiority complex and therefore believes himself to be more powerful than the original Mew. But I'm curious if they're going to change up Mew's motives a bit, or at least make it a bit more clear since that's gotten the fanbase riled up a little over the years just because an Internet review joked Mew believes in the Final Solution to "explain" why its speech was changed in the dub.

(Mewtwo: You can see how cool it is even from behind!)

But... we have seen what Mewtwo looks like from behind in the original... xD

(Pikachu: Pikachu's body is really tufty)

OH, so there will be fur effects, I guess. Well then. Guess that means hairless Mewtwo is canon, then--some fans apparently have always believed that. That's... huh.

Unless it's just because of the fine hairs Mew has that won't be showing up in this style, but I dunno lol.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It's probably me just looking a bit too deep into what little information we got, but I'm wondering if they've changed up the roles a bit in that they're questioning, or at least throwing on a thin coat of mystery, just what the relationship is between Mewtwo and Mew if they're allies or whatever they would say otherwise (it wouldn't necessarily be "enemies").

I'm fairly sure these promotional articles at this time are written by people that don't know more about the movie than we do, so I wouldn't read too much into anything.

But... we have seen what Mewtwo looks like from behind in the original... xD

It might be a bit hard to tell from the way I have to format these translations of pages with text all over the place, but this particular blurb (and the two that follow) are talking about the 3DCG models specifically, since they're part of that subsection talking about how cool the animation is going to be.

Last edited:

Redstar45

I'm fairly sure these promotional articles at this time are written by people that don't know more about the movie than we do, so I wouldn't read too much into anything.

It might be a bit hard to tell from the way I have to format these translations of pages with text all over the place, but this particular blurb (and the two that follow) are talking about the 3DCG models specifically, since they're part of that subsection talking about how cool the animation is going to be.
Does tell us that human characters look and what role the they will playing ? Like how the first movie ? Or something different and new ?

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Yep, Ash, Misty, Brock, Nurse Joy and Team Rocket.

Redstar45

Yep, Ash, Misty, Brock, Nurse Joy and Team Rocket.
don't bet on your houses just yet as we still could see Satoshi with different travelling friends this around as this could be still in i choose you universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.