• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: M22- Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (July 16: Supportive screening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
lol as expected the humans look awful, especially Ash.... he got the worst of it!

So not in the AU? Nice to see Brock regardless, might actually bother to give this one money since he's in it. Assuming the US even gets this in theaters

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
lol as expected the humans look awful, especially Ash.... he got the worst of it!

So not in the AU? Nice to see Brock regardless, might actually bother to give this one money since he's in it. Assuming the US even gets this in theaters
Honestly Ash looks like an old plastic action-figure I used to have when I was a kid.

s-l640.jpg

I FOUND IT!

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

He is wear his choose you universe jacket that had zipper and pocket like Red's jackets that always do in gen 1/2/7 .

Pokemon Power

So far, it looks like it's just gonna be a CGI remake of the first movie. It can't be just the style of animation that's changed though. Another thing, I wouldn't be surprised if for the dub, they chose to reuse the songs from the original. In terms of voices, they'll probably just use the current cast instead of the original recordings.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Wow, so this literally is a 3D remake of the original movie. Interesting. Looks good so far.

I'd rather it not be one-to-one, but wouldn't necessarily mind.

Also, yay Brock!

Kein

AKA Silktree
The trailer looks good despite the humans. It's a good thing that the movie is more Pokemon-focused than most.

I have little doubt that Mewtwo's Origin is included. We already see the jungle scene and they need those extra 10 minutes.

He is wear his choose you universe jacket that had zipper and pocket like Red's jackets that always do in gen 1/2/7 .
That's a pretty minute detail compared to the hat. I remember that Yuyama said that Ash's jacket was a bit old fashioned, so he probably didn't want to use it again even in a faithful remake. This movie doesn't look like a sequel to the previous one, at all.

And you can see Bulbasaur's bulb. Chances are that Squirtle is back, too.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The trailer looks good despite the humans. It's a good thing that the movie is more Pokemon-focused than most.

I have little doubt that Mewtwo's Origin. We already see the jungle scene and they need those extra minutes.

That's a pretty minute detail compared to the hat. I remember that Yuyama said that Ash's jacket was a bit old fashioned, so he probably didn't want use it again even in a faithful remake.

And you can see Bulbasaur's bulb. Chances are that Squirtle is back, too.
Squirtle did appear.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I wasn't expecting Kingdom Hearts-level of CGI, but I did expect a bit more for the human characters. The Pokemon look good though, especially Mew.

Ayush nair

Looks like crap i was expecting a gen 8 pokemon in this trailer but it seems remake of the 1st movie with nothing new why they started using old formulas all the sun & moon movies focussed on kanto pokemon
Lets hope from 8th generation movies they will show new pokemon & characters stop using old kanto shits focus on those pokemon who got less attention

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I'm quite disappointed. I expected that, at least, this movie will be at the same continuity of the two previous ones, showing us something different but familiar. But this Ash is the original one, with the original symbol on his cap. This is just a remake on CGI of the original movie. Even although the designs look great, I lose practically all interest knowing that I know what exactly to expect. If at least they had combined it with the special "Mewtwo Returns" with Giovanni and the competent members of Team Rocket appearing, it could have been interesting. Looking this way, I don't think it would be worth of paying the ticket on cinema.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
So theory. We will see one new gen8 Pokemon making this movie not an exact shot for shot remake.

In the opening when Ash battled Donphan, it's gonna be a gen8 Pokemon instead.

shoz999

Looks like crap i was expecting a gen 8 pokemon in this trailer but it seems remake of the 1st movie with nothing new why they started using old formulas all the sun & moon movies focussed on kanto pokemon
Lets hope from 8th generation movies they will show new pokemon & characters stop using old kanto shits focus on those pokemon who got less attention
Don't get deceived so early friend. I believe we all remember that I Choose You looked nothing more like a remake of the first Pokemon season at first?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The environments look gorgeous. I feel like whoever is animating those are set for life.

The Pokemon models are a bit of a hit or miss, though. They're essentially straying a bit away from Sugimori's art style (though Pokken went reeeeeeeeeeeeeally off-track). Mewtwo looks nice, at least.

The human characters... Goodness gracious. They look creepy.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I am glad Misty and Brock are here :).
Not really fond of human CGI looks, but at least he looks better than SM Ash and SM Ash looks better than previous movie's look.
Also,I am glad this is not AU movie, because original trio is here. I know someone pointed AU Misty and Brock, but I don't see it.

Last edited:

shoz999

The environments look gorgeous. I feel like whoever is animating those are set for life.

The Pokemon models are a bit of a hit or miss, though. They're essentially straying a bit away from Sugimori's art style (though Pokken went reeeeeeeeeeeeeally off-track). Mewtwo looks nice, at least.

The human characters... Goodness gracious. They look creepy.
yB0WKIp.png

What do you think of this sexy slick buttery smooth Psyduck staring deep into your soul.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
That opening shot of the Amazon jungle and ruins, and an upgraded Mew mural: I'm strapping the fuck in. It looks exactly as I thought and I can hardly wait. It looks pretty good for Pokémon standards, I'm honestly impressed. The only reason we're going to notice the humans being "weird" is due to the lip-flaps. I'm not going to be surprised one bit if they actually used motion capture for the humans, but they don't look all that bad. Seeing it on the big screen compared to your computer/phone will make a lot of difference.

That shot of Mewtwo descending like he's a fucking god was gorgeous and terrifying, holy shit, I love it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.