• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: M22- Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (July 16: Supportive screening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
"Everyone's Story" didn't exactly carry the same amount of nostalgic weight that "I Choose You" did. Even so, that hype kinda died down when the videos of people freaking out over Pikachu speaking made its rounds, which I think is most of what you hear about that film outside of Ho-Oh finally starring in a movie. And didn't those two movies have only, what, a two-day limited release at various theaters across the nation? Just like every other non-Ghibli/DBZ anime movie?

I get if Fathom was disappointed by the box-office for "Everyone's Story" that they may have had second thoughts, but you'd think they'd give the most popular movie's remake (starring one of the most popular Pokemon) a chance. Oh, and a studio situated in LA actually helped animate the film. Gotta give them that recognition. No? Your loss, Fathom.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Although for having gone up against Disney, One Piece, and a Makoto Shinkai film, it hung on in the top ten for a good several weeks before it dropped off. Doesn't really sound impressive, but it stayed within the box office's radar for quite a while. Think it lasted a little longer than DP by a few weeks.

We unfortunately have no known records of how much the first movie actually made in Japan, so we can't make a comparison to know how well the remake did compared to the original's release 21 years ago.

Kein

AKA Silktree
We unfortunately have no known records of how much the first movie actually made in Japan, so we can't make a comparison to know how well the remake did compared to the original's release 21 years ago.
We do. It made 7.54 billion yen, compared to about 2.9 billion yen for the remake.

Times are different. It makes more sense to look at the past few years.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Ok, considering that the film isn't going to have a cinema release, the question on my mind is "I wonder when (and where) it'll be shown in Europe."

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Oh? No fathom release this year?! Has that been confirmed in a statement? It's been nice seeing Pokemon movies in the cinema since the Victini movie!
Someone posted a pic to a tweet saying there were no plans on the last page of this thread.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Thanks! And I agree, i thought this movie would for sure make it to theaters in US and Canada! Oh well...
Hopefully it will air on TV!

It's apparently supposed to air on Disney XD, but I don't know if there's been any announcements or commercials promoting it if it's to air in the upcoming weeks.

Trey pokes

There actually hasn't been any announcements at all for the Intl version of the movie yet. Guess their still busy dubbing for the trailers or something.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Thanks! And I agree, i thought this movie would for sure make it to cinemas in US and Canada! Oh well...
Hopefully it will air on TV!
I'm hoping it airs on TV as a compromise for not having cinema screenings (though TV airings does happen every year, so that isn't an issue), though I'm waiting for the UK airing myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.