• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: M22- Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (July 16: Supportive screening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Reminder that this is a thread about a movie and not about some potential dub of it.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

This is honestly a "no duh" revelation. Who thought it wasn't going to be newly recorded? And who also thought the entire script wasn't going to be recorded well in advance? Yes, anime does dubbing even in the original language, harkening back to ye olden times when animation was done in advance, and recording came last. But CGI is difficult to dub over if you have no plans to go back and tweak the mouth movements (which is what cheap CGI TV anime don't do, albeit I think they mainly use motion capture most of the time, so the phonics are on an algorithm); this is why foreign CGI films always look "weird" in other languages. (This is also why Akira is a difficult movie to dub.) So now I'm 95% convinced they actually didn't use motion capture on the humans, but if they did, they then took the time to go back and fix it up because this is a team that cares about the end product.

Dogasu two months ago theorized that if the movie's going with the phonics route (which appears to be the case with what little we saw of Dr. Fuji--it's only for a split second, but that's a mouth movement you don't see in your typical anime lip flaps), there's a possibility of TCPI getting the Japanese script early so they can do a dub for OLM to re-animate for overseas. Whatever the decision, this is definitely going to be an interesting movie to dub over, but ultimately should be fulfilling. Once again, Mewtwo is going to get the better deal in terms of script (translation/localization) and dubbing.

(Though I just remembered that if they actually get back Jay Goede for Mewtwo, he can be Dr. Fuji again. I need to stop trying to hype myself up for something that may not even happen.)

JC317

pokecen-mewtwo-strikes-back-evolution-merch-mar282019-1.jpg

A new picture has arrived accompanying merchandise to promote the upcoming movie, seems like they'll have a Switch case and a Switch Cartridge Case with that picture on it.

pokecen-mewtwo-strikes-back-evolution-merch-mar282019-11.jpg

There's also a T-shirt with a picture of Mewtwo, Mew, Pikachu, and the Kanto Starters, but the image is too small to really make out what's in the picture.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

AshSerena

It seems the ending theme for the Mewtwo Strike Back Evolution called "Kaze to issho ni"
It is a song that Kobayashi Sachiko sang during the first Pokemon Movie, Mewtwo Strike back but this time, the upcoming CG movie of Mewtwo Strike Back Evolution Nakagawa Shoko and Kobayashi Sachiko the 2 of them going to sing it

Last edited by a moderator:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Translation of the article:

https://hochi.news/articles/20190405-OHT1T50282.html

On the 5th, it was revealed that singer Sachiko Kobayashi (65) and singer and TV personality Shoko Nakagawa (33) have teamed up and will sing "Kaze to issho ni" (to be released July 10th), the theme song for the latest entry in the "Pocket Monsters the Movie" series "Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution" (premieres the 12th the same month).

This movie is a CG remake in full 3D of the very first movie in the series, "Pocket Monsters the Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back" (1998), which was the highest grossing animated movie that year with its total gross of 7.8 billion yen. That movie's ending theme song was "Kaze to issho ni", sung by Kobayashi. And now, 21 years later, Kobayashi and Nakagawa will sing a new version of the song together, arranged by music producer Seiji Kameda (54).

Kobayashi, who sang the very same Kaze to issho ni 21 years ago, commented "Being able to depict the wonderful world of Pokémon with this song makes me feel very happy. I put my whole heart into this song so that both the adults that heard this song as children and today's children will be filled with warm thoughts when they hear it." And Nakagawa, who was 12 years old at the time the song was released, commented "Even after becoming an adult, I've walked hand in hand with my memories. Pokémon has given me a "miracle far beyond my dreams" by having me reach both today's and future children through song. I put a lot of affection into this song as I sang with with Kobayashi-san, whom I greatly admire."

I fully expected Kobayashi to do a new version of the song, but it's a nice surprise to have Shokotan there as well.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Kobayashi, who sang the very same Kaze to issho ni 21 years ago, commented "Being able to depict the wonderful world of Pokémon with this song makes me feel very happy. I put my whole heart into this song so that both the adults that heard this song as children and today's children will be filled with warm thoughts when they hear it." And Nakagawa, who was 12 years old at the time the song was released, commented "Even after becoming an adult, I've walked hand in hand with my memories. Pokémon has given me a "miracle far beyond my dreams" by having me reach both today's and future children through song. I put a lot of affection into this song as I sang with with Kobayashi-san, whom I greatly admire."

I can't wait to cry again.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Sachiko is 65? Thought she was younger.

And Shokotan hit 33? She still looks fairly young. Time really flies...

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
This Thursday on Oha Suta:

"A must see! World exclusive information on this summer's Pokémon movie! And the guest voice actors will be announced as well?!"

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Also, watch me be psychic - here are my guesses for the guest VA lineup:
Masachika Ichimura: Mewtwo
Koichi Yamadera: Mew
Sachiko Kobayashi: Voyager
Aic Nuwara: Pirate Trainer
Shoko Nakagawa: Sweet
Subaru Kimura: Umio
Fire Tachibana: Sorao

Check back on Thursday and see how many I guessed right.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Ooh ooh, I wanna play this game, too!

I'm predicting Miyake Kenta (Sakaki), Hikami Kyōko (Ai Fuji), and/or I think it's still Akimoto Yosuke as Dr. Fuji, unless they replaced him--either way, Dr. Fuji's seiyuu.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Ooh ooh, I wanna play this game, too!

I'm predicting Miyake Kenta (Sakaki), Hikami Kyōko (Ai Fuji), and/or I think it's still Akimoto Yosuke as Dr. Fuji, unless they replaced him--either way, Dr. Fuji's seiyuu.

I can guarantee you neither of those are going to be announced as guest VAs. If they're going to be in the movie (Miyake DEFINITELY is), it'll be as regular VAs that aren't going to be promoted in any way.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So that was disappointing - they only announced two of the guest voice actors, and they were the ones pretty much everyone had guessed already.

If you weren't watching;
SACHIKO KOBAYASHI will be reprising her role as Voyager
KOICHI YAMADERA will be reprising his role as Mew

It was also pretty heavily hinted that the opening theme will be a new remix of Mezase Pokemon Master, since we only have what, 10 so far?

Oh, and there was a new trailer, it'll probably be on the official Youtube channel soon. Wasn't anything interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.