• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: M22- Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (July 16: Supportive screening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kage-Pikachu

I'm still hoping for a Protean Mew giveaway at some point (and maybe a buffed version for Arceus).

Since Dark type Pokemon exist this time I wonder how it will be handled. Mewtwo is definitely not seen as all powerful like his first appearance.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I'm still hoping for a Protean Mew giveaway at some point (and maybe a buffed version for Arceus).

Since Dark type Pokemon exist this time I wonder how it will be handled. Mewtwo is definitely not seen as all powerful like his first appearance.

Mewtwo might not be able to affect dark-types directly, but I'm sure Mewtwo will still be depicted as a force to be reckoned with. After all, being immune to direct attacks doesn't mean a dark-type can't be hurt by a table being thrown at it.

Kage-Pikachu

That is true, hehe, like a Dragon Rush from a rampaging Garchomp should do at least SOME damage to a Sylveon! I mean are you immune to physical force too fairies, lol?

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Aw, no. Of course they'd remake the same scene, not replay the same one. Just a different animation.
That makes more sense,
if they do anything from what's cannon, PLEASE REDO MEWTWO'S ORIGIN STORY WITH THE LITTLE GIRL!!!

D

Deleted member 384931

So M22 is Mewtwo strikes back evolution!! and tbh I didn't expect it. Looks like they will be promoting LGPE longer than I thought. Hopefully Ash and his alolan friends will be main cast this time. And I am hoping that this movie will be a sequel of M01 in a way and not just a simple remake.
Idk tbh. I dont think they want to give the SM cast a movie lol

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I seriously hope that Mewtwo mentions the past events during the first movie and Returns. At least something since the appeal of the movie is probably going to be how Mewtwo now looks onto humanity and for this they need to mention his hate in M01.
Through that, they may look more into the time of its creation and how it perceived humans back then. I guess there might be something about Mewtwo seeing shady figures that appear to be holding pointy objects, maybe like a syringe, and that it suffered a lot in their hands.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Well Mewtwo has Aura Sphere. It could also Mega Evolve into Mewtwo X to make it Dark weakness a neutral hit

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
M21 wasn't a retelling though, so this might not be as well. It could be some sort of sequel or a story with a similar beginning to the first movie.
Yeah I know that so that's not on my part. Well yeah, they could have a similar beginning and branch off from there so that it won't have a predictable ending. But I think the ending of the first movie was more impactful but if that was retained instead I think a lot of what would have made this movie impactful would be drained out.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I hope this movie is set in the main Pokemon anime universe again and has more XYZ series looks again as well .....Probably not gonna to happened and it is likely set in i choose you films universe again. .........

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Aaaand another movie that I'm probably going to have no interest in. Sounds like the milking of the Kanto cow might be continuing. Makes me a bit less hopeful that Gen 8 won't reek of Kanto fanservice.

Redstar45

Aaaand another movie that I'm probably going to have no interest in. Sounds like the milking of the Kanto cow might be continuing. Makes me a bit less hopeful that Gen 8 won't reek of Kanto fanservice.
Agreed but i don't mind ash return to kanto region again and beat Giovanni and try beating the pokemon league this time around in the main universe and end his story for good and and soft reboot anime with new main character this time around in the movie 22 .

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So M22 is Mewtwo strikes back evolution!! and tbh I didn't expect it. Looks like they will be promoting LGPE longer than I thought. Hopefully Ash and his alolan friends will be main cast this time. And I am hoping that this movie will be a sequel of M01 in a way and not just a simple remake.

Better them than entirely new characters the movie has to waste time developing

Redstar45

Better them than entirely new characters the movie has to waste time developing
And i wanna to see his story to end in that movie if this movie take place in the main anime! (Satoshi/Ash) and that won't be happens.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
And i wanna to see his story to end in that movie if this movie take place in the main anime! (Satoshi/Ash) and that won't be happens.
now that I remember it, wasn't the original plan for the anime to end in movie 1?

Redstar45

now that I remember it, wasn't the original plan for the anime to end in movie 1?
That just rumours....as i was heard that ash was supposed to meet his dad or something like that

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
No, the anime was supposed to end at the Kanto League with Ash beating Gary. And then it got super popular.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
And I also think that later gen Pokémon will appear during the movie and it won't be just Gen 1 Pokémon that will appear. So I wonder what the clones of later gen Pokémon will look like.

D

Deleted member 384931

And I also think that later gen Pokémon will appear during the movie and it won't be just Gen 1 Pokémon that will appear. So I wonder what the clones of later gen Pokémon will look like.
Or they make a whole other story. I am still bothered by the order they used for the three movies. Wouldnt it more logical if that Gen 8 pokemon appears ánd if it is about Mewtwo to do the movie now before the game comes out and not afterwards?

ShadowForce720

Or they make a whole other story. I am still bothered by the order they used for the three movies. Wouldnt it more logical if that Gen 8 pokemon appears ánd if it is about Mewtwo to do the movie now before the game comes out and not afterwards?

Not necessarily, I mean heck look at how they handle the movies that advertise the remakes of Red &Blue/Green, Gold& Silver, and Ruby & Sapphire, if you look at it the movie that advertise those remakes didn't come out until July of the following year for instance Firered & Leaf Green came out in Japan in 2004 While Lucario and The Mystery of Mew didn't come out in Japan until July of 2005, in HeartGold & SoulSilver's case they came out in Japan in 2009 but Zoroark: Masters of Illusion didn't come out in Japan until July of 2010, and ORAS came out in 2014 while the movie Hoopa and the Clash of Ages didn't come out until July of 2015.

So given that it makes perfect sense that the Mewtwo Strikes back Evolution which is going to advertise Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee would be coming out in 2019 since Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee are coming out this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.