• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: M22- Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (July 16: Supportive screening)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

Pretty sure the Mewtwo and the Mew fight will be the most intense part of the movie. I wonder if we'll see Ash turn to stone again which was one of the saddest moments in the original movie. I guess Team Rocket will be sneaky as usual and possibly finding out about Mewtwo's cloning factory like in the original movie. Maybe we'll even see Meowth get cloned again.
If it is a retelling, I wont watch it. Movie 20 was dissapointing already. Movie 21 sounds the same.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If it is a retelling, I wont watch it. Movie 20 was dissapointing already. Movie 21 sounds the same.
Same here. I don't want and I don't expect the exact same movie but there will be something different for sure. But I'm sure they'll take the key parts from the first movie.

Darking-Lucario

I really like the idea of a remake/retelling. But as long as Ed Goldfarb does the score, I'm not really excited. Please bring back Ralph Schuckett & John Loeffler or at least recycle their themes. Or use the score from Shinji Miyazaki in the dub.

D

Deleted member 384931

Hmph. We're doing a Mewtwo retelling instead of the Unown movie?

I guess that's fine, but I really wanted to get that T-Rex movie that was in the original concepts for the third movie.
I just dont understand why they first do two Jotho pokémon and then a Kanto Pokémon.

D

Deleted member 384931

Hmph. We're doing a Mewtwo retelling instead of the Unown movie?

I guess that's fine, but I really wanted to get that T-Rex movie that was in the original concepts for the third movie.
Orginality is rare this days in pokémon....

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
This is like the fourth movie with Mewtwo as one of the key characters or not?...uhh. Poor Alola, it never got it's own movie if this is the third part of a trilogy.

It sounds like a remake of the first movie.

If anything, it's a remake of the Mewtwo Strikes back special movie from 2001, which was the sequel of the first movie. I am curious to see how much stuff they'll mention from the past Mewtwo movies. M16 was already lacking in that department. If M22 is going to be like that, then there's no point into making another sequel (which I asume is fact based on the title), then I am expecting a certain amount of continuation.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If anything, it's a remake of the Mewtwo Strikes back special movie from 2001, which was the sequel of the first movie. I am curious to see how much stuff they'll mention from the past Mewtwo movies. M16 was already lacking in that department. If M22 is going to be like that, then there's no point into making another sequel (which I asume is fact based on the title), then I am expecting a certain amount of continuation.
The sequel to the first movie was titled Mewtwo Returns. Mewtwo Strikes Back is the title of the original movie. But however this movie is likely to be set in an AU so it will likely not have any continuity from the original movie and Mewtwo Returns.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The first movie was my fav..
but I wonder why they go in this order particularry.. strange

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
They're cloning the movie about clones... lol

but no I'm not excited what so ever about the new news, I was REALLY hoping for an ALOLA movie, BUT I'm sure it'll come eventually, hopefully, maybe, we'll see... The first movie remains one of my favorite movies of all time (along with the first like six pokemon movies lol), so this will be interesting, but I know not to judge it on the same level. I am going to take it as it's own pokemon movie and judge it as such, even though I would prefer the original pokemon movie formats (as in not the AU).

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Do you guys think it would be based in AU only?? If it's linked to the first movie, then it better be the real universe and not the alternate one!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Do you guys think it would be based in AU only?? If it's linked to the first movie, then it better be the real universe and not the alternate one!
It may or may not be. But it can still be set in the AU by having a different storyline and to the original as well as different companions while being set in the same setting and time. Although if it were to be an AU again I do expect the companions to be different to those in the last two movies.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Something to keep in mind, these little previews at the end are often teases of a small aspect of the movies at best. And over the next 10 months we will learn more about the true "star Pokemon" of the movie as well as it's true full title.

I can't remember which movie it was... but I'm pretty sure one tease showed Lugia and Ho-Oh battling and that never ended up happening.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Does this mean the writers are confident enough in their abilities to go with the real Mewtwo this time?

Kein

AKA Silktree
Something to keep in mind, these little previews at the end are often teases of a small aspect of the movies at best. And over the next 10 months we will learn more about the true "star Pokemon" of the movie as well as it's true full title.

I can't remember which movie it was... but I'm pretty sure one tease showed Lugia and Ho-Oh battling and that never ended up happening.
They won't drop Mewtwo from the title. There is likely to be another star, but I don't see it overshadowing Mewtwo.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
The sequel to the first movie was titled Mewtwo Returns. Mewtwo Strikes Back is the title of the original movie. But however this movie is likely to be set in an AU so it will likely not have any continuity from the original movie and Mewtwo Returns.

You're right. The japanese title for the first movie is indeed Mewtwo Strikes back. Got confused with the titles.

I seriously hope that Mewtwo mentions the past events during the first movie and Returns. At least something since the appeal of the movie is probably going to be how Mewtwo now looks onto humanity and for this they need to mention his hate in M01.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
You're right. The japanese title for the first movie is indeed Mewtwo Strikes back. Got confused with the titles.

I seriously hope that Mewtwo mentions the past events during the first movie and Returns. At least something since the appeal of the movie is probably going to be how Mewtwo now looks onto humanity and for this they need to mention his hate in M01.
I'd like to see more of Mewtwo's past and its backstory as well.

Red and Blue

If this is set in the AU if anything they will probably alter its backstory a bit. Can't have everything be a carbon copy of the first movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.