• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: M22- Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (July 16: Supportive screening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Zenigame!

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Is it confirmed this movie will 100% follow old one in the major plot points? Can't we expect a different ending at least, or maybe Giovanni arriving with a different cllimax?

Or will they leave it like normal, and then make Mewtwo Returns 3D some time.

JC317

Is it confirmed this movie will 100% follow old one in the major plot points? Can't we expect a different ending at least, or maybe Giovanni arriving with a different cllimax?

Or will they leave it like normal, and then make Mewtwo Returns 3D some time.

In the newest trailer, Misty's Psyduck was captured by Mewtwo in a different way, so it's safe to say they'll introduce slight changes to the plot at least.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

As has been pointed out multiple times, Takeshi Shudo is listed as sole screenwriter, and he died years ago, so he obviously didn't write any new endings to the movie.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
In the newest trailer, Misty's Psyduck was captured by Mewtwo in a different way, so it's safe to say they'll introduce slight changes to the plot at least.

That's not a slight change to the plot, it's a slight change to the script/storyboard layout of where Misty is when Psyduck gets captured; even if it was a different Pokémon Misty had out, it still wouldn't be a change to the plot because Mewtwo's still capturing Pokémon to make clones of them. Same deal for the clip of Mewtwo manifesting the Mewtwo Balls. In the original, the camera is placed a bit far out on Mewtwo's left so all four Pokémon are in frame when he brings the balls out to capture the defeated Pokémon. In the remake, it's animated the same way except the camera is pulling back from directly in front of Mewtwo.

A slight change to the plot would be how Mewtwo gets worthy trainers to New Island. So say instead of getting the awesome sequence of him manifesting a typhoon because he's a grade-A self-indulgent dick and wanted to show off his powers to the puny humans, how it would go is he purposefully set the date at a time when the typhoon was forecast to happen for cheap yucks (and because he's a dick), or Mother Nature decided to be an inconvenience just as the trainers boarded the ferry but he shrugs it off because "challenge accepted".

Leonhart

Imagineer
JC317 said:

I don't mind small changes like this, in fact, I hope that the confrontation between Mewtwo and Mew is longer in this movie than it was in the original.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't mind small changes like this, in fact, I hope that the confrontation between Mewtwo and Mew is longer in this movie than it was in the original.

And I hope they do more than just play bumper balls with each other.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Yeah, that's a slightly bigger change I'd be okay with. I was always disappointed the fight was so short, they were the most powerful Pokemon at the time it was natural to expect some big battle!

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
It is obvious you know ?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Yeah, that's a slightly bigger change I'd be okay with. I was always disappointed the fight was so short, they were the most powerful Pokemon at the time it was natural to expect some big battle!

It would be nice to have Mega Mewtwo vs Z-move Mew but I guess there od like 1% od this happening...

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
It would be nice to have Mega Mewtwo vs Z-move Mew but I guess there od like 1% od this happening...

I know that fans want Sun and Moon to be represented in this movie is some way, but the thought of Mew using its Z Move just kinda triggers me. The only thing worse would be if Mewtwo Mega evolves.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

It would be nice to have Mewtwo X finally appear....
But I'd rather the Mewtwo do that, if he ever comes back

Status
Not open for further replies.