• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: M22- Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (July 16: Supportive screening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelipoDepot

The Movie's soundtrack CD has had its first details come out. This time there's a Limited Edition that, in addition to the music from Movie 22, features a bonus disc which appears to contain the music from the Original Mewtwo Strikes Back and some other external goodies (TBA)

That bonus disc is potentially a great addition since the original Movie 1 ost is long out of print and very expensive online. Not to mention it didn't release some tracks, while a number of those on the disc had bits of dialogue from the film placed between them. Since Pikachu Records no longer exists, it stands to reason that this bonus disc would likely not just be a copy/paste of the older release, and will possibly present all of the film's music without dialogue or edits getting in the way. Definitely a collector's piece to look forward to

Leonhart

Imagineer
The original Mewtwo Strikes Back soundtrack is a classic, so I might purchase this new limited edition version since I lost my own physical copy ages ago. What with the various other Mewtwo related goods, this is the first movie in a long time that has had merchandise that I want to buy.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
The Movie's soundtrack CD has had its first details come out. This time there's a Limited Edition that, in addition to the music from Movie 22, features a bonus disc which appears to contain the music from the Original Mewtwo Strikes Back and some other external goodies (TBA)

That bonus disc is potentially a great addition since the original Movie 1 ost is long out of print and very expensive online. Not to mention it didn't release some tracks, while a number of those on the disc had bits of dialogue from the film placed between them. Since Pikachu Records no longer exists, it stands to reason that this bonus disc would likely not just be a copy/paste of the older release, and will possibly present all of the film's music without dialogue or edits getting in the way. Definitely a collector's piece to look forward to

I always wondered if the new Mewtwo movie would use the old BGM from the first movie and this makes it sound like the composers will definitely lift most of the soundtrack right off of the original film. Pretty cool.

FelipoDepot

I always wondered if the new Mewtwo movie would use the old BGM from the first movie and this makes it sound like the composers will definitely lift most of the soundtrack right off of the original film. Pretty cool.
Well the second disc is where the old music is at. The first disc however looks to be music made for the remake itself, even if it's largely going to likely be remixes of the original film's music anyways. I imagine it's being done like this to somewhat emulate the Let's Go game OSTs, which included all the new tracks and original 8 bit tunes from Pokemon Yellow for the sake of comparison.
M22 is likely to feature newly recorded (even if very familiar) content, since if they were just gonna use the old recordings, there'd be no reason to do this as a 2 disc set.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I really hope that any possible remixes of the old BGM sound just as good as the originals. I'm already apprehensive about the new version of Kaze to Issho ni, so I hope that the newer music isn't a letdown.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I don't remember Togepi doing much of anything in the original movie, so does its increased exposure in the promo material for this movie mean that it'll have an expanded role?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I don't remember Togepi doing much of anything in the original movie, so does its increased exposure in the promo material for this movie mean that it'll have an expanded role?
Probably not

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

I'd rather it not, purely to stay faithful to the time.
This was set during Kanto, when Togepi didn't do anything at all! It didn't really start doing anything until Orange Islands

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
I'd rather it not, purely to stay faithful to the time.
This was set during Kanto, when Togepi didn't do anything at all! It didn't really start doing anything until Orange Islands

Togepy's absence from the chaos in the first movie was kind of a letdown though since it never got cloned, but also kind of amusing in the sense that it slept through most of the action and simply popped up in the end like nothing happened. So as far as Togepy's activity in this remake goes, I'm satisfied with whatever happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.