• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: M22- Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (July 16: Supportive screening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
But wouldn't mew need a trainer with a z ring and it's crystal to do that I mean I know Mewtwo mega evolved without a mega stone in the last bw movie but that was different

How so? None of the XY movies portrayed Mega Evolution correctly either.

The diamond Diancie gave Bonnie somehow became a Mega Stone, and it wasn't even holding the diamond when it Mega Evolved.

Rayquaza, Latios, and Latias all Mega Evolved without Key Stones or Mega Stones either.

And the Volcanion movie just made up an alternate means of Mega Evolving with the Mega Wave.

Movies do whatever they want.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
How so? None of the XY movies portrayed Mega Evolution correctly either.

The diamond Diancie gave Bonnie somehow became a Mega Stone, and it wasn't even holding the diamond when it Mega Evolved.

Rayquaza, Latios, and Latias all Mega Evolved without Key Stones or Mega Stones either.

And the Volcanion movie just made up an alternate means of Mega Evolving with the Mega Wave.

Movies do whatever they want.
I think you mean "this anime does whatever it wants."

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
FINALLY!!!! A Pokemon movie to look forward to!

-I for one hope that this is the REAL Mewtwo and not that Incredibly awful Gen 6 female version of it!!
- This has got to be the time that we'll finally see Mewtwo X! They'll probably explain how that form is the reason why its known to be undeniably powerful!!
- I remember that both of the voice actors of Mewtwo in the earlier years died! Or was it only one? I wonder who will voice our Mewtwo now?
- So far this Generation, 3 of the Pokemon movies have focused on the Nostalgic Pokes more so than the current Gen. To this day I have yet to understand why but im definitely not complaining!
- So this is what, Mewtwo's 3rd or 4th movie?? This more than proves that he's the most memorable and favorite Poke in the franchise's history, next to Pikachu!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
-I for one hope that this is the REAL Mewtwo and not that Incredibly awful Gen 6 female version of it!!

It's the original.

- This has got to be the time that we'll finally see Mewtwo X! They'll probably explain how that form is the reason why its known to be undeniably powerful!!

Too early to tell, but there's already rumors of a third form. Again, it's too early.

- I remember that both of the voice actors of Mewtwo in the earlier years died! Or was it only one? I wonder who will voice our Mewtwo now?

No one died, it was an urban legend. We don't know anything about the dub, currently. (I'm curious about other dubs, though, if they'd be able to get their original voice actors back.)

- So this is what, Mewtwo's 3rd or 4th movie?? This more than proves that he's the most memorable and favorite Poke in the franchise's history, next to Pikachu!

Third, Mewtwo Returns was a TV special as was Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
@G4Pokefan

A) That Mewtwo was from Gen V.

B) It was originally going to be the original Mewtwo.

C) The problem was the reuse of backstory even though it made little sense, not the Mewtwo in and of itself

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
@G4Pokefan

A) That Mewtwo was from Gen V.

B) It was originally going to be the original Mewtwo.

C) The problem was the reuse of backstory even though it made little sense, not the Mewtwo in and of itself

Nah, it was the Mewtwo herself as well, because the reuse of backstory (stripped to the most barest of bones) turned her into a plot-hole alongside the Mega Evolution plot-hole. Honestly, without any explanation given for her existence outside of some scientists somehow getting their hands on Mew DNA, she became a plot-hole character. Her existence has no reasoning for being except to piss on the lore of Mewtwo, and that's why fans were/still are upset. She's also weaker in terms of powerlevel (which I understand is inconsistent throughout the anime), she only had a chance against the Genesect with the aid of Mega Evolution, when Mewtwo in general shouldn't have had to rely on it to get a single hit in.

We don't know yet, but I think it's an alternate version of the original.

It's the original in a different setting, though an alternative version's just as plausible. I feel as long as his origins remain the same, he may be different in some other aspects (such as his actions) and there won't be as many uproars over there being a completely different Mewtwo--at least not to the extent of M16's shitstorm.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Not looking forward to this movie. Looks like a cheap remake of the original, except with different graphics + (most likely) mega evolution in the mix. I could always be wrong, but the fact they're crediting Takeshi Shudo doesn't sound promising.
More or less......i wish this is sequel to the classic mewtwo i return as classic Satoshi made his return to big screen with Sakaki and him dunk it out .....i don't mind if Shigur orchid and anime version of blue join Satoshi as his new travelling friends for this movie.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Not looking forward to this movie. Looks like a cheap remake of the original, except with different graphics + (most likely) mega evolution in the mix. I could always be wrong, but the fact they're crediting Takeshi Shudo doesn't sound promising.

Its too early to call this movie a remake of the first ne, but if by any chance if it is a remake then it will be massive disappointment, i think at best it will take some features from old movie and could be a brand new one.

I am more interested in the story if this is same mewtwo from movie 1 and if this is continuation from that mewtwo special would mewtwo still has distrust and hate towards humans r has he mild down a bit, i think he started trusting ash towards the end of that special.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I am more interested in the story if this is same mewtwo from movie 1 and if this is continuation from that mewtwo special would mewtwo still has distrust and hate towards humans r has he mild down a bit, i think he started trusting ash towards the end of that special.
i kind hope for that type of Pokemon movie story.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Its too early to call this movie a remake of the first one,
Let's consider the following factors:

1) the movie poster is basically a remake of the original movie poster, except with updated graphics.
2) the movie title is identical to the original movie title, except for the "EVOLUTION" part.
3) Takeshi Shudo being credited implies the movie will use a significant portion of the original movie script, if not all of it. There could always be changes in certain things, but I don't doubt that the core plot of the movie will be identical to the one of the original movie.

It is highly likely "EVOLUTION" could merely be referring to the new CG style (or potentially Mega Evolution, which would actually imply new content, sort of?).

Overall, looks like a cheap way to cash in on the nostalgia without needing to come up with new stories.

And honestly, I'm just so tired of Kanto by this point.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
And honestly, I'm just so tired of Kanto by this point.

You aren't the only one. I think this whole Kanto focus overstayed its welcome. It was good with Charizard's return on BW, the starters getting megas on XY and the I Choose you movie.

Now, it's just annoying. Pokémon is a lot bigger than just Kanto.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
You aren't the only one. I think this whole Kanto focus overstayed its welcome. It was good with Charizard's return on BW, the starters getting megas on XY and the I Choose you movie.

And to make it worse, there's a promo tagline stating that it's 'the year of Mewtwo'. Now we don't know what that means yet, but if I have to guess, it's not good, since it probably means more unnecessary Mewtwo glorification, and hence, more unnecessary Kanto use and references. I was seriously hoping gen VIII would not try to be a shameless gen 1 pandering game like gens VI and VII were, but that's looking unlikely now.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

Dont forget two of the legendary birds in XY series and rival trio all getting kanto starters as well, XY to some extent also were wanking kanto to some extent.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Dont forget two of the legendary birds in XY series and rival trio all getting kanto starters as well, XY to some extent also were wanking kanto to some extent.

Yeah that too. I think everyone agreed that XY was a Kanto game that was just in a new skin known as Kalos (heck Santalune Forest was a direct ripoff of Viridian Forest). The saddest part was that its own starters got overshadowed by the Kanto starters due to Mega Evolution. I guess for this reason, I'm so happy the XY anime was so minimal in its 'nostalgia and past references', and that it just focused on Kalos as a region, with Greninja getting the spotlight. Yeah sure, the rival trio did have the Kanto starters, but it coudnt be helped since they were in the games, and so were the birds (which atleast were good episodes and offered development and evolution to Ash's Pokémon). But other than that, Kalos was by and large a self contained region, and while a little more references would've been welcome, I liked that they tried to keep the focus largely within Kalos.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I'm hoping Meltan's appearance in the main anime means it and Melmetal are omitted from this film. Now Mewtwo can co-star with a true Gen 8 Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.