• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: PM2019 028 - Messon Sobs For What Reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
The biggest plot twist since The Sixth Sense.

Remix2

Go getting Sobble in itself isn't a problem.

It's what Go's going to do with it afterwards that I'm really worried about.

If Sobble is treated like Raboot and becomes a walking Pokemon then I'll be okay with it

Ya that what I’m worry about. I will like to be optimistic and said that they’re going to do something big for Sobble if it go to goh, but given the track record of goh Pokémon and there screen time being basically nonexistent I’m not to hopeful

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ya that what I’m worry about. I will like to be optimistic and said that they’re going to do something big for Sobble if it go to goh, but given the track record of goh Pokémon and there screen time being basically nonexistent I’m not to hopeful

That is exactly why he shouldn't. Sobble's too precious to be lab fodder
Besides he already has one emo, he doesn't need another

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
That is exactly why he shouldn't. Sobble's too precious to be lab fodder
Besides he already has one emo, he doesn't need another
Truth to be told, I don't actually mind that. Make his life harder than it already is by now giving him a mon that'll evolve into something that happens to be lazy and unmotivated to do anything :d

PsychoLogical

If Go gets Sobble, its probably gonna be the Riolu of his team... not a spotlight hog, but certainly repping the species well enough
Then what would Raboot be in the end lmao.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Sure, if Sobble is captured by Goh like we're lead to believe that it will be at this moment in time, then I will be a bit disappointed. It is my belief that he should just capture Morpeko and leave Sobble for the trainer who will actually make use of it..

But either way I'm just happy that Farfetch'd has made as big of an impact as it has done, what with everyone expecting it to be Goh's but then Ash getting it instead.. and the fact it knows dark type moves is a huge thing because it should shut a few people up who still act like dark type moves are taboo, especially Night Slash.. So Sobble going to anyone right now is just gravy on top of the big wind-up meal that I am loving.

PsychoLogical

Sure, if Sobble is captured by Goh like we're lead to believe that it will be at this moment in time, then I will be a bit disappointed. It is my belief that he should just capture Morpeko and leave Sobble for the trainer who will actually make use of it..

But either way I'm just happy that Farfetch'd has made as big of an impact as it has done, what with everyone expecting it to be Goh's but then Ash getting it instead.. and the fact it knows dark type moves is a huge thing because it should shut a few people up who still act like dark type moves are taboo, especially Night Slash.. So Sobble going to anyone right now is just gravy on top of the big wind-up meal that I am loving.
Still need Greninja to return with Night Slash instead of Cut now since there’s no more excuses now kek.

desdar300

I guess giving him two problematic Pokemon would probably help him become a better trainer I suppose.
Since both boot and driz have Emo tendencies.
If this helps go become a better character then I'm all for it but let this be the last starter he gets since I don't understand what Grook would teach him as a character.

STICKTOPIA

Oh yeah I forgot that happened because I was just thinking of Ash and his companions as protagonists. For the most part, TR's captures are not tied to the kids. When one of the main kids gets a Pokémon, it usually gets it's own spotlight shone on it. It hasn't happened with Goh yet, surprisingly, considering he mass captures.
Yea it’s interesting that Ash and Goh haven’t caught Pokémon in the same episode yet. I hope it happens here with ASH catching sobble and Goh getting morpeko

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Yea it’s interesting that Ash and Goh haven’t caught Pokémon in the same episode yet. I hope it happens here with ASH catching sobble and Goh getting morpeko
Eggsecute: Am I a joke to you?

Actually, it did seem that way in the park episode.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They'd probably give Morpeko to TR and make them suffer with its Hangry Mode triggering a lot.

...But then again, their Chewtle is always lost in that coin slot machine thing.

They could have it stick around as James' Pokemon(Arceus knows he needs one), since Jessie is allowed to have Wobbuffett

But I'd prefer Sobble joining Ash while Morperko is the one turned into lab fodder

dman_dustin

I kind of hope there's a scene where Ash just catches a random Impidimp, causing Go to cry tears comparable to Sobble's except they are ineffective and causes everyone to laugh.

Not going to happen obviously but whatever.

if all that matters to you is Satoshi mons.
Technically, if only because Ash's side of things have been the only things to fulfill my entertainment side. I mean if get another Sakuragi lab episode, with all the Pokemon getting focus, then sure it doesn't need to solely be about Ash.

Will the episode magically matter if he gets Sobble?

Not at this point because it's not going to make any sort of damn sense. Because Go is doing too much and because Go has an issue with Ash getting Pokemon, of course he's not going to give it to Ash and if he does somehow it'll be the most bizarre and unjustified capture for Ash.

If Ash was going to get Sobble I'd want Ash to get it his normal way, not by leeching off of Go's work.

Last edited:

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
To be fair we all thought Go was gonna catch Dragonite way back, and were pretty stunned when Ash caught one instead. Not that I think Ash will get this Sobble but given how crazy this series has been I'm not ruling anything out.

And I think I'm ok with Go getting it if, like a lot of other people said, it actually becomes a core part of Go's team. It would be nice to see him interacting with a Pokemon regularly other than Raboot.

aipomadvanceshipper

Raboot didn’t give go that much of a hard time compared to ash and charizard and dawn with mamoswine...
Imagine you were kidnapped by team rocket and most of your Pokémon were tires so you had to rely on your strongest Pokémon and you have a chance to beat a trainer and your Pokémon refuses to battle in front of all those people....

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
They have. Back in the Dragonite episode, Go couldn’t catch any of the Dratini line because he wasted all his pokeballs on Dewgong.

Master Pikachu 11

I'm interested if Morpeko will be caught by TRio in the next episode. The preview makes it seem like Morpeko will show up after they get blasted off (note the scratches on the balloon basket and that it's lying on its side while Morpeko is eating through their junk food supply).

On the other hand, the balloon may have been popped by some random Pokemon when TRio entered Galar from the skies (meaning Morpeko shows up earlier and might be caught by Goh). So it could go either way.

I like the idea of TRio getting Morpeko because of its Electric/Dark typing making it a good counterpart to Pikachu's pure Electric typing. It'll be like them having their own "evil" Pikachu in that way.
The problem with the Trio owning Morpeko is that it will be a Gatcha mon and that they are not going to use it as often as they used Mimikyu and Mareanie, so it would be a little issue for them to get it. I still think Goh is going to catch it but that is my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.