• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: PM2019 028 - Messon Sobs For What Reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
And people are needlessly defending him like usual even though there's evidence that his captures do jack lol
His Pokemon are just background filler with the occasional exception of Scyther, Sobble deserves better than that

I'm all for a companion owning more than own starter, but it should be somebody who'd you know... actually freaking use it! Like Dawn, May, or even Serena would

I was with you until you said Serena lol, her pokemon did jack too.

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi
Ya know.

After thinking about it all day yesterday, I'm warming up to the idea of Gou catching Sobble.

IF Gou is willing to risk himself to protect Sobble and if the writers allow Sobble to get similar treatment as Raboot (to be a walking Pokemon and get some character development) then I'll be alright with it.

Seeing how Raboot has been in every single episode since it's capture episode, it actually might be more beneficial for Sobble to get more exposure IF the writers allow for it to travel with Gou and Raboot.

As for Sobble evolving, I'm not to worried about that either. People probably haven't noticed by now, but I believe that Gou catching a lot of Pokemon resulted in enough EXP for Scorbunny to evolve into Raboot and later Cinderace (since we know for certain that's on it's way)

The only jury that's still out is if Sobble will be Gou's Starter replacement after Raboot evolves since I'm a little doubtful that Cinderace will be walking around every single episode.
And if Grookey will take IT'S place if the same thing happens to Sobble?
If Sobble evolves fast, Ash's Grookey Dreamers kindly sleep.

STICKTOPIA

Least we know why Sobble sobs now, he might be stuck with Goh as a trainer lol.
Lmao that was too funny!! Let’s see if he’ll choose ash instead afterwards

kickachu

Momentai!
Guys remember in bw before episode 20 aired there were links with Iris next to Scraggy and most of us assumed she get it and sandile was next to ash. But he didn't get it due to beating it when it evolved into krokorok. but caught it later on. Also remember when they show that ash would catch Gengar. It appeared with ash's Pokemon before getting caught . also Sobble was with ash and his Pokemon in the scan from two weeks ago. you seriously think that goh would catch it. they should've said his name in the summary for the episode and more scan that tell he get it. This might occur with sobble next week

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
y'know what? To avoid this situation again, we should have Steven Universe-tier descriptions

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
y'know what? To avoid this situation again, we should have Steven Universe-tier descriptions
I think I’d prefer scans never showing upcoming pkmn appearances again but just mention by name instead.

Leonhart

Imagineer
kickachu said:
Guys remember in bw before episode 20 aired there were links with Iris next to Scraggy and most of us assumed she get it and sandile was next to ash. But he didn't get it due to beating it when it evolved into krokorok. but caught it later on. Also remember when they show that ash would catch Gengar. It appeared with ash's Pokemon before getting caught . also Sobble was with ash and his Pokemon in the scan from two weeks ago. you seriously think that goh would catch it. they should've said his name in the summary for the episode and more scan that tell he get it. This might occur with sobble next week

I'm just not sure why some viewers are so adamant that Satoshi should get Messon here when he just caught Galarian Kamonegi one episode ago. I'd at least like to see him train and develop his Kamonegi and Riolu before he gets his next Pokemon, which is why I support the trade theory because at least then Satoshi would still get Messon eventually, just not in the immediate future.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
I watched the new series since Day 1 FYI. And I already know that. All of his captures except Raboot have been getting the boot with them doing nothing. HOWEVER, Sobble's a current gen mon and a starter so it doesn't take a second thought to know that it's likely that Sobble will likely be on Go's main team rather than sit at the lab doing nothing. The bigger worry should be the potential Mudkip and Chespin scenario, not the potential dump at the lab which are two different things.
I’d say the worry of a Mudkip/Chespin scenario is part of the concern. Even if Sobble does become an actual member of Go’s team, what does that even really accomplish other than putting it on screen? Raboot is Go’s main Pokémon and what does it even do most of the time that is actually meaningful or interesting? This is the problem with the fact that Go has no goal that supplements his main goal to give his Pokémon some form of use. At that point, we’re potentially looking at another Eevee situation where it just exists as a plushie to be on screen but not really do anything.

kickachu

Momentai!
I'm just not sure why some viewers are so adamant that Satoshi should get Messon here when he just caught Galarian Kamonegi one episode ago. I'd at least like to see him train and develop his Kamonegi and Riolu before he gets his next Pokemon, which is why I support the trade theory because at least then Satoshi would still get Messon eventually, just not in the immediate future.
he caught scraggy and sewaddle two episodes in a row

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

I don't see the problem with Ash getting two capture episodes in a row, it's been done before and this saga had a consistent few episode gap between them. It's bound to happen eventually anyways with Ash getting reserves

Which magazine did you get that quote from?

That was the League summary for Noivern in XYZ lol

Icy-Snowflake

If Goh bonds with Sobble and then catches it, I don't think Sobble should be traded, unless it evolves into Drizzile after which Ash helps it get motivated in some way.
Personally, I don't want the Aipom-Buizel situation where the Pokemon gets interested in the other trainer's profession. It should be something new and interesting.

Master Pikachu 11

I’d say the worry of a Mudkip/Chespin scenario is part of the concern. Even if Sobble does become an actual member of Go’s team, what does that even really accomplish other than putting it on screen? Raboot is Go’s main Pokémon and what does it even do most of the time that is actually meaningful or interesting? This is the problem with the fact that Go has no goal that supplements his main goal to give his Pokémon some form of use. At that point, we’re potentially looking at another Eevee situation where it just exists as a plushie to be on screen but not really do anything.
Yes the Chespin/Mudkip scenario is the reason and to answer your question about Raboot, it just stands there for most of time and if it’s just me but it looks like it would like for Go to use it in battle as I’m sure it was eager to battle Galarian Farfetch’d, just like it was when it was a Scorbunny and it helped Goh get Scyther and Venonat, but I’m afraid Sobble will be meeting the same fate.

Everyone talking likes it destined for Sobble to get jack done should Go become its trainer... why exactly? This is only gonna be episode 28, more than ample time for Go to grow as a trainer and a character.
Look at you acting all cool and stuff.
Just trying to hold on to as much faith as i possibly can. Sobble needs to go into the right hands man
I wonder what it means. But it can go either way. Maybe Go will get it because it can't battle.
Too early to know who our ace is and who the jobber is. All of Ash's Pokemon seem to be fairing pretty well from what I can tell. Farfetch'd worries me due to the species being pretty weak but, this being the anime, game stats don't apply unless it's a baby or Magikarp.
I think we already know who the ace will be, an overexposed Pokemon that will hog the spotlight for the entire series.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Like usual, people just won't stfu for once regarding this bullcrap. And if Go gets Sobble so fking what??? You need the hanging rope or something??? At least properly judge after ep 28 airs and a few eps have passed. People really be going full 4chan right now. Christ sake.
welcome to serebii , i think you kinda miss the BW day when forum explode because iris gonna catch dragonite ;)
is nothing new , some of the user who complained last time is the same person who complained now, just let them be
i dislike Goh and how Goh's treatment so far in anime , lack of battle ,catching frenzy with little struggle may be becaue of his goal is kind boring , but its not end of day because this is just a show m just let the writer do the job
i hope with sobble goes to goh that mean more screentime for go, and also do more battle in future

BabaVanga

Sobble isn't entitled to get arcs and character development just because it's a starter. Pokémon like Araquanid didn't even get episodes dedicated to themselves and I didn't see its fans constantly complaining because of that.

Ash was catching starters every region and (almost) every region they were the aces of their respective teams and got the most focus so I'm all for that stupid tradition being broken.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Sobble isn't entitled to get arcs and character development just because it's a starter. Pokémon like Araquanid didn't even get episodes dedicated to themselves and I didn't see its fans constantly complaining because of that.

Ash was catching starters every region and (almost) every region they were the aces of their respective teams and got the most focus so I'm all for that stupid tradition being broken.

The tradition that involves starters being promoted more than any other team member will likely never be broken, because they're the most marketable Pokemon and the faces of each region. Not marketing them and not giving them as much focus as possible would be a huge mistake..

charinija

Pokemon Master
I think Ash influence to Go a trainer. Go'll give up catch every pokemon idea. And raise his pokemon team. Probably İntellion'll Go's strongest. Why people think go don't raise sobble well. Ash was in original series bad trainer. But now he is very good trainer.

Why people does underestimate Go ? I cant understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.