• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: PM2019 028 - Messon Sobs For What Reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
No one is complaining we got "trolled" about Farfetch'd since it went to Satoshi instead of Go. Cue in "oh Farfetch'd ins't a started!"

No one is complaining we got "trolled" about Farfetch'd since it went to Satoshi instead of Go. Cue in "oh Farfetch'd ins't a started!"

I don't know about others but for me it isn't about Go. Ash should get a starter that suits him and considering the fact he only has one fully evolved water type I think Intelion was almost perfect.

Maybe other people have a problem with Go getting it but for me it is either Ash getting it or not getting it.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Oh please, it won't be insulting. Besides I assume it will be an arc for Sobble instead of a one and done sort of thing. If Sobble is in fact brought out of his shell and benched in one episode then I'll have an issue with it.
Character arcs don't exist in this saga for Goh.

Remember Scorbunny feeling left out? Some episodes did show his disdain with Goh, but in said episodes, he still stuck around and behaved like nothing happened. Cue the episode where said issue is resolved. You could completely ignore the episodes between Scorbunny evolving and the resolution episode because nothing of importance even happened to forward their short-lived arc. Goh's interactions with Pokemon only ever last like 3 minutes tops. Unless Sobble isn't truly being set up to join Goh, I want them to at least have Raboot getting jealous of Goh actually spoiling Sobble rotten so Raboot doesn't feel like an afterthought despite being his first Pokemon.

Now let's look at Ash and his Riolu. Cute blue pupper is basically in every major episode with some filler episodes because his desire to get strong is actually fleshed out multiple times. Not even Gengar or Dragonite have that honor. Ash actually has character arcs with his team...even if...it's been just Riolu because Lucario pandering is stronger than Kanto pandering x2.

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah, people aren't upset just cause Go is getting a Sobble. It's that the last time Go bonded with a Pokemon and caught it that Pokemon was just kept in the background. Catching them all is a staple of the franchise yes but it's been pretty accepted that the anime shouldn't go that route because the Pokemon aren't being kept as data in a box, they're in a lab that has limited space, it's just not logical to get hundreds of Pokemon because someone's going to get neglected. Heck, Ash could barely do it during Unova.

Master Pikachu 11

So here is part of the summary that I find interesting:
“Not only that, but since Messon turns invisible when it touches water, it appears its own tears make it disappear, so Satoshi and the others lose sight of it. And then the Rocket Gang arrive in the Galar region...”
Why does the end of the summary only mention Ash losing sight of it but not Goh and also this would not be the first time that previews have been deceiving. I’m saying it’s possible that Ash could still end up with it.

Mew29240

Can we talk about something else please? We will see it Sunday

I'm interested if Morpeko will be caught by TRio in the next episode. The preview makes it seem like Morpeko will show up after they get blasted off (note the scratches on the balloon basket and that it's lying on its side while Morpeko is eating through their junk food supply).

On the other hand, the balloon may have been popped by some random Pokemon when TRio entered Galar from the skies (meaning Morpeko shows up earlier and might be caught by Goh). So it could go either way.

I like the idea of TRio getting Morpeko because of its Electric/Dark typing making it a good counterpart to Pikachu's pure Electric typing. It'll be like them having their own "evil" Pikachu in that way.

Decidueye23

Can we talk about something else please? We will see it Sunday
You are saying lets not talk about it in the thread dedicated to the episode? Lol. But yeah i get what you are saying. I am one of those who did feel upset but now i just want to wait till next sunday and see. We dont have any additional information that will prove anything.all we can do is wait

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I still get the feeling like Ash will also get Sobble. Team Rocket is involved in this episode and Team Rocket were involved with Ash capturing Dragonite and Gengar.

Morpeko is also here, so Goh can capture it instead. We haven't had a double capture episode since Ash and Cilan caught Palpitoad and Stunfisk.

Red and Blue

I still get the feeling like Ash will also get Sobble. Team Rocket is involved in this episode and Team Rocket were involved with Ash capturing Dragonite and Gengar.

Morpeko is also here, so Goh can capture it instead. We haven't had a double capture episode since Ash and Cilan caught Palpitoad and Stunfisk.
Go and Sobble are actively interacting in the preview.

STICKTOPIA

does this exclude kalos when ash caught fletchling and James caught inkay? Also there’s no morpeko in that poster but in a week we’ll know the outcome.

dman_dustin

I have nothing to look forward now (at this moment).

I mean I know the Pidove episode is just going to disappoint me, but until new episode titles come out, something incredibly shocking that wasn't marketed to all hell. I have nothing to look forward to at this point.

Which is sad because it means I have to wait more than 3 weeks for something more interesting to happen.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I’ll just say this one last thing: If Go gets Sobble? Then fine, so be it, whatever. Will I be salty ? Obviously, but not at a suicidal level alot of you were hours ago and likely will be again next Sunday. Now the one thing I actually hope after this is that Ash’s next capture (if not Sobble) is something that can bring up excitement and spark to makeup for Sobble like another old gen fan favorite instead of salt that’s saltier than the entire Atlantic.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
does this exclude kalos when ash caught fletchling and James caught inkay? Also there’s no morpeko in that poster but in a week we’ll know the outcome.

Oh yeah I forgot that happened because I was just thinking of Ash and his companions as protagonists. For the most part, TR's captures are not tied to the kids. When one of the main kids gets a Pokémon, it usually gets it's own spotlight shone on it. It hasn't happened with Goh yet, surprisingly, considering he mass captures.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I have nothing to look forward now (at this moment).

I mean I know the Pidove episode is just going to disappoint me, but until new episode titles come out, something incredibly shocking that wasn't marketed to all hell. I have nothing to look forward to at this point.

Which is sad because it means I have to wait more than 3 weeks for something more interesting to happen.

Farfecth'd might evolve in one of these episodes, if all that matters to you is Satoshi mons. Will the episode magically matter if he gets Sobble?

Status
Not open for further replies.