• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: PM2019 028 - Messon Sobs For What Reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aipomadvanceshipper

Maybe Sobble might need go more than ash. Sobbles a crybaby and is alone and go’s childhood seemed lonely too maybe they can relate
He seemed stunned when ash said he believed in riolu and when ash was cheering Farfetched on maybe Sobble will be part of go’s growth

Sword master zacian

On the bright side, now you all will understand what I've felt when Ash didn't get Chespin :p
Chespin atleast got to appear and have atleast some battles abd had a good personality where we don't even know sobble is gonna appear after its capture or not plus it would almost never battle

Also in kalos ash caught greninja who literally is god tier kalos pokemon for ash now but from galar ash technically has nothing (farfetch'd won't count until it evolves its a kanto mon with new Form and evo.)

Sure, if Sobble is captured by Goh like we're lead to believe that it will be at this moment in time, then I will be a bit disappointed. It is my belief that he should just capture Morpeko and leave Sobble for the trainer who will actually make use of it..

But either way I'm just happy that Farfetch'd has made as big of an impact as it has done, what with everyone expecting it to be Goh's but then Ash getting it instead.. and the fact it knows dark type moves is a huge thing because it should shut a few people up who still act like dark type moves are taboo, especially Night Slash.. So Sobble going to anyone right now is just gravy on top of the big wind-up meal that I am loving.
Someone was going to get Sobble sooner or later.
If this helps go become a better character then I'm all for it but let this be the last starter he gets since I don't understand what Grook would teach him as a character.
Rhythm.
Go secluded himself by choice. Sobble really wants to connect with people, but it's got shyness issues. Different, not similar.
I expect them to solve these issues in a single episode.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Urshifu's Rapid Strike Style also Water type . If Ash dont get İntellion maybe he 'll get Urshifu.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So just watched the recent episode with subs and yeah Goh is definitely getting sobble and honestly, I don't mind. Ep27 was a great Ash focused episode, only fair ep28 be something for Goh. And yeah sobble isn't gonna just sit at the lab. Like riolu and Pikachu, I expect Goh to have sobble and raboot. I do think ash will still get Grookey although I won't mind him not getting it. Also while I do think we would get cinderace and inteleon, I do wonder how their G-Max forms would be shown.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
If Sobble goes to Goh **** YEAH

**** that stupid Lizard and equally stupid Rabbit, so sick of Grass starters getting ****ed over in both the anime games.

Did you even see the OS and AG? Bulbasaur and Sceptile were both handled brilliantly. Sure Bulbasaur didn't evolve, but it didn't need to, it was shown to be Ash's most viable team member at the time and even put in most of the work upon it's return to battle Brandon. It's also the Pokemon which gets most appearances outside of it's own region, popping up almost every time Ash returns to Pallet..

Rowlet also didn't do badly either, it was a pretty reliable Pokemon and again, proved itself to be a valuable team member without evolving, even taking down it's own fully evolved form.

I don't know which anime you've been watching, because generally the type of the starter hasn't really played a role in how well or badly it does.

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
Did you even see the OS and AG? Bulbasaur and Sceptile were both handled brilliantly. Sure Bulbasaur didn't evolve, but it didn't need to, it was shown to be Ash's most viable team member at the time and even put in most of the work upon it's return to battle Brandon. It's also the Pokemon which gets most appearances outside of it's own region, popping up almost every time Ash returns to Pallet..

Rowlet also didn't do badly either, it was a pretty reliable Pokemon and again, proved itself to be a valuable team member without evolving, even taking down it's own fully evolved form.

I don't know which anime you've been watching, because generally the type of the starter hasn't really played a role in how well or badly it does.

Almost all the examples you showed those Pokemon played second fiddle to other starter pokemon or went unevolved and sometimes both, the only exception to the rule was Sceptile.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Almost all the examples you showed those Pokemon played second fiddle to other starter pokemon or went unevolved and sometimes both, the only exception to the rule was Sceptile.

Charizard was useless for most of it's run, so Bulbasaur hardly played second fiddle in that situation, since regardless of the evolution, it remained the most reliable and called upon starter throughout it's time on the team, as well as when it returned later on. As I said, it's also the Pokemon which shows up most outside of its own regional journey. Rowlet was also handled pretty much the same as Litten; it's just that the latter evolved and in all honesty, evolution doesn't have an impact on how well a Pokemon is handled overall..

Sorry that some of your favourite Pokemon got the shaft; it's the same for everyone with one Pokemon or another, but that doesn't mean that all Grass type starters have been handled as badly as you like to believe.

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
Charizard was useless for most of it's run, so Bulbasaur hardly played second fiddle in that situation, since regardless of the evolution, it remained the most reliable and called upon starter throughout it's time on the team, as well as when it returned later on. As I said, it's also the Pokemon which shows up most outside of its own regional journey. Rowlet was also handled pretty much the same as Litten; it's just that the latter evolved and in all honesty, evolution doesn't have an impact on how well a Pokemon is handled overall..

Sorry that some of your favourite Pokemon got the shaft; it's the same for everyone with one Pokemon or another, but that doesn't mean that all Grass type starters have been handled as badly as you like to believe.

Charizard got the most focus throughout the Kanto region and future regions

And how Rowlet was treated is pretty piss poor with how much focus Incineroar got.

And I am not pissed because my favorite grass Pokemon got shafted when most of the Pokemon that got shafted weren't even my favorites. The only grass types that I liked that weren't given attention was Decidueye. Other than Sceptile and Rillaboom I preferred the water or fire starters

tsunamimijumaru

I feel like this episode will be a bit of character development for Goh to try and create more emotional bonds with Pokemon rather than just catch them to fill up the dex. In the preview Goh has his pokeball ready to try and catch but i assume then it gets scared, cries, turns invisble and then they try to find it and try to help it with its shyness. Goh could be trying to take page out of Ash's book and bond with Sobble but it ultimately ends up choosing Ash as he's more experienced with working with more timid pokemon and creating a bond with his mons. Ash isn't showed in the preview very so we have yet to see what he does with Sobble.

STICKTOPIA

Ash might still get Sobble, but I fear that Team Rocket might actually obtain it.
I highly doubt TR will get sobble. Not saying it’s impossible, but just highly doubt it. I know they have sobble in a cage, but like in many last events ash always saves the Pokémon.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I would prefer TRio gets Morkpeko, It'll be hilarious if it goes from cute to angry mode all the time after it has no food left and TRio has to deal with it. I bet it'll pick on Meowth a lot too, or I think it'd make for hilarious interactions. Same with Gou and Sobble being partners, they're gonna have some hilarious interactions as well I bet, both being the criers that they are. Also I don't want Sobble to evolve what so ever, it's way to cute to evolve. Raboot can be the main fighter for Gou while Sobble is his little cutie pie. Grookey can go to Ash and I don't think it'll go past the second stage. It'll be Sobble, Thwackey, and Cinderace... the three best looking of each stage.

Hmm if Goh does get Sobble(lets pray thats not the case) What if its only temp and he ends up giving sobble to Ash.
That would honestly make gou's character more hateable. First he catches a pokemon by emotionally bonding with it and then releases it for no good reason whatsoever. If he's to get a sobble then let it be permanently. I do personally think that sobble's gonna get a lot of focus and will be one of gou's more commonly used pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.