• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: PM2019 028 - Messon Sobs For What Reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Oh get over it, I don't see you lot complaining about the "Oh noooz, Team Rocket is here!" squad whenever the TRio are listed.
People hate Go for actual valid reasoning, deal with it

And people are wanting Ash to get Galar Pokemon, it's actually the opposite of what you say. Before Riolu happened people were worried that everything Ash caught would be fully evolved and we wouldn't get to see him work with his Pokemon(And now that he is, Pikachu's all jealous for some reason despite Ash and Greninja's 'special bond' not triggering any feelings of the sort :rolleyes: )
Ash did get a Galarian Pokemon. Even if you don't want to count regional variants Farfetch'd will eventually evolve into a Gen 8 Pokemon

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Ash did get a Galarian Pokemon. Even if you don't want to count regional variants Farfetch'd will eventually evolve into a Gen 8 Pokemon
It has a Galarian evolution. That doesn’t make Farfetch’d a Galar Pokemon. It’s just a regional variation of a Kanto Pokémon.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
It has a Galarian evolution. That doesn’t make Farfetch’d a Galar Pokemon. It’s just a regional variation of a Kanto Pokémon.
Sirfetch’d is still literally a Galar exclusive mon. Christ sake some of you lost all reasoning.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
Oh get over it, I don't see you lot complaining about the "Oh noooz, Team Rocket is here!" squad whenever the TRio are listed.

And people are wanting Ash to get Galar Pokemon, it's actually the opposite of what you say. Before Riolu happened people were worried that everything Ash caught would be fully evolved and we wouldn't get to see him work with his Pokemon(And now that he is, Pikachu's all jealous for some reason despite Ash and Greninja's 'special bond' not triggering any feelings of the sort :rolleyes: )

I love Team Rocket and enjoy seeing them in episodes. Not everyone here is completely trenched in their negativity even if you want to pretend that’s the case. There are so many more productive things to do in life than spending so much time here complaining about everything Goh does, yet here you are.

VarientAsh12

You are simply dazzling

Seems like the only person who has to ”get over it” is you :rolleyes:. You basically do nothing but complain about Goh and the things he does. As if the writers are going to care about what you like and dislike. Sorry to disappoint you, but it's the truth.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Seems like the only person who has to ”get over it” is you. You basically do nothing but complain about Goh and the things he does. As if the writers are going to care about what you like and dislike. Sorry to disappoint you, but it's the truth.
...Huh. You just joined today but somehow sound like you already know Zoruagible. Fishier still is how he's not the only one "complaining" about Goh and what he does.

Goh is disliked for valid reasons, though.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
...Huh. You just joined today but somehow sound like you already know Zoruagible. Fishier still is how he's not the only one "complaining" about Goh and what he does.

People hate on Goh entirely because they perceive him to be stealing Ash’s precious spotlight. Let’s not pretend it goes any deeper than that. My favorite character is Cilan and I know what a valid character criticism looks like, and all the Goh critiques are just thinly veiled hate that he detracts from the show being The Ash the Superstar Champion Show just by existing.

VarientAsh12

You are simply dazzling

It's not really hard to look back at previous forums. And its obvious that Goh is hated for valid reasons. I too hate Goh for multiple reasons. But complaining about him all the time does nothing for you.

VarientAsh12

You are simply dazzling
I'd say people have a right to be upset at the bait and switch. Doing stuff like that breaks the viewers trust.

Even though I really don't blame Go for this

Yes, people do have the right to get upset for falling for the bait. But no media ever indicated that Ash was indeed going to get sobble (I mean, its still possible for Ash to get sobble this week, but we will just have to see). As soon as an advertisement/ magazine image shows up, people are quick to assume that Ash is going to get that certain Pokemon, without even thinking of other possibilities. That being said, the writers did not ”betray” anyone, people just set themselves up for that disappointment. Besides, this is nothing new. The writers have always been doing this, especially with that Eevee and Ash/Lana situation. And since 3 new upcoming episode descriptions showed up today, I wouldn't be surprised if someone were to say for the 32nd episode, ”Satoshi/Goh is going to catch celebi”.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
solrocknroll said:
Goh getting Sobble is fine, I thought everyone wanted Ash to get all the strong big Pokémon that were already fully trained? Getting Riolu and Farfetch’d evolved would take no time comparatively, but I know most people here have an irrational hatred for Goh and can’t stand everything he does, so I didn’t expect anything else.

While there's obviously been a lot of criticism thrown Gou's way for a while now, I don't think that the recent backlash that he's received because he might capture Messon is part of that hate. A lot of people simply figure that Gou won't do much with Messon compared to how it would be handled if Satoshi were to catch it instead, and I agree with them. On one hand it gives me perverse satisfaction to think that Satoshi might not end up with Inteleon on his team if Gou gets Messon, but on the other hand it'll be a shame that Messon probably won't be showcased as much if Gou gets it.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
While there's obviously been a lot of criticism thrown Gou's way for a while now, I don't think that the recent backlash that he's received because he might capture Messon is part of that hate. A lot of people simply figure that Gou won't do much with Messon compared to how it would be handled if Satoshi were to catch it instead, and I agree with them. On one hand it gives me perverse satisfaction to think that Satoshi might not end up with Inteleon on his team if Gou gets Messon, but on the other hand it'll be a shame that Messon probably won't be showcased as much if Gou gets it.
Tbh, considering Sobble is a GEN 8 starter like Scorbunny, it is more likely that it will get more screentime than Go's other Pokemon.

Sword master zacian

Tbh, considering Sobble is a GEN 8 starter like Scorbunny, it is more likely that it will get more screentime than Go's other Pokemon.
Although sobble will get more screentume it would still be rreated as a goh's mon that means no battling,just hanging around helping catch pokemon and since raboot is already there it would even get less to do i.e.overshadowed by raboot

Last edited:

Decidueye23

Yes, people do have the right to get upset for falling for the bait. But no media ever indicated that Ash was indeed going to get sobble (I mean, its still possible for Ash to get sobble this week, but we will just have to see). As soon as an advertisement/ magazine image shows up, people are quick to assume that Ash is going to get that certain Pokemon, without even thinking of other possibilities. That being said, the writers did not ”betray” anyone, people just set themselves up for that disappointment. Besides, this is nothing new. The writers have always been doing this, especially with that Eevee and Ash/Lana situation. And since 3 new upcoming episode descriptions showed up today, I wouldn't be surprised if someone were to say for the 32nd episode, ”Satoshi/Goh is going to catch celebi”.
There was an official scan that included sobble in ash's team, and the trailer too kinda indicated that with the way it played out. Also information regarding this episode came out during the delays and knowing sobble will appear and trailer came out way before the delays happened. There was just so much time that people, including me, believed that ash might be getting a sobble and got excited over it so the disappointment is natural. The marketing team could have done away with baiting people.

diakyu

It seems Gou confirm to capture Sobble.
IJ8F4m5.jpg
And I can sleep in peace today. The evil known as Inteleon has been defeated

Also, this points towards Sobble being treated as better than Goh's other captures but I'm sure that will be ignored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.