• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: PM2019 028 - Messon Sobs For What Reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
Dawn of the final day. 7 hours remaining

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
but it wasn't I saw the image Thursday first time
You’re only embarrassing yourself even more by continuing to be denial, Sobble is Go’s and that’s the truth and final.

Leonhart

Imagineer
dman_dustin said:
I mean to be fair, the producers may not actually care and just keep Sobble, Sobble and then just give Ash a Drizzile/Intelleon anyway.

I mean that's been a trend I've been wanting to happen, as I've said repeatedly its annoying that they can't just have the unevolved mons on people it doesn't matter, but let someone like Ash have the evolved forms.

Keep in mind I'm not saying they both have the same Pokemon at the exact same time, just have Ash capture the evolved versions.

To me that just feels like a very roundabout way of doing things. That image of Messon on Gou's shoulder seems to imply that they'll be together regularly, so I'd find it a little pointless for Gou to have Messon on his main team while Satoshi has Jimereon/Intereon on his. If they plan on having Satoshi with a Jimereon/Intereon later on anyway, they could've just given him this Messon in the first place.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
To me that just feels like a very roundabout way of doing things. That image of Messon on Gou's shoulder seems to imply that they'll be together regularly, so I'd find it a little pointless for Gou to have Messon on his main team while Satoshi has Jimereon/Intereon on his. If they plan on having Satoshi with a Jimereon/Intereon later on anyway, they could've just given him this Messon in the first place.
But in the end they didn’t for reasons I wish I knew. Will Sobble be kept with Go? Very likely yes. Can Go simply give Ash Sobble as whatever it’ll be later on in the series? That can’t be ruled out unfortunately.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
People have had 3 whole days to grieve and move on, if anyone is still salty by tomorrow they deserve to get clowned on full stop.
Believe it or not, people don’t like misleading advertisement even less so when they’re left with that for months on end. People have the right to be upset especially when nothing up until a week ago even pointed towards it going to Go. It’s basically the advertisement equivalent of an asspull in the story of a series they enjoy. And when something presents hype for an event (which the preview clearly was meant for) only for it to go entirely left, it costs a certain degree of credibility to the point that there’s always going to be some level of distrust. Just look at the outrage that the Kalos League resulted in because of hype. So not everyone has to just sit down and shut up about a development that advertisement purposely lied about until the 11th hour when they had plenty of time to course correct.

VarientAsh12

You are simply dazzling
Believe it or not, people don’t like misleading advertisement even less so when they’re left with that for months on end. People have the right to be upset especially when nothing up until a week ago even pointed towards it going to Go. It’s basically the advertisement equivalent of an asspull in the story of a series they enjoy. And when something presents hype for an event (which the preview clearly was meant for) only for it to go entirely left, it costs a certain degree of credibility to the point that there’s always going to be some level of distrust. Just look at the outrage that the Kalos League resulted in because of hype. So not everyone has to just sit down and shut up about a development that advertisement purposely lied about until the 11th hour when they had plenty of time to course correct.

Honestly, you are correct on some levels. People in fact do not like being fooled by leaks and previews. People get all worked up because of this and then they begin to lose trust in the advertisements. And yes, people do in fact have the right to get upset about all of this. Once again, getting excited only to get disappointment at the end. However, when you fully assume that a Pokémon on a poster is going to go to Ash 100% because, “It’s standing next to Ash” or “The character looks like it’s talking to that certain Pokémon at the beginning of a preview”, you are only hurting yourself. This isn’t the first time they have done this, and this sure won’t be the last. It’s alright to take in ideas, create theories, and have hopes. But, to claim something as “canon”, because “this is all the evidence” will cause your expectations to be crushed. With all do respect, I agree with you on the false advertising.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Meh, lets just get this over with at this point. Give Goh his three pokemon and lets move on already, it's boring and I'd rather move on to Ash stuff because Goh's episodes are boring as hell and just end up in him catching pokemon that get three second cameo's every few episodes.

At least him catching Sobble will prove how even more incompetent he is since Ash is pretty much going to have to walk him through the process of getting Sobble to be more confident because he thinks his pokemon are fine just like they are and need no improvement ever.

Jibanyan

Honestly, you are correct on some levels. People in fact do not like being fooled by leaks and previews. People get all worked up because of this and then they begin to lose trust in the advertisements. And yes, people do in fact have the right to get upset about all of this. Once again, getting excited only to get disappointment at the end. However, when you fully assume that a Pokémon on a poster is going to go to Ash 100% because, “It’s standing next to Ash” or “The character looks like it’s talking to that certain Pokémon at the beginning of a preview”, you are only hurting yourself. This isn’t the first time they have done this, and this sure won’t be the last. It’s alright to take in ideas, create theories, and have hopes. But, to claim something as “canon”, because “this is all the evidence” will cause your expectations to be crushed. With all do respect, I agree with you on the false advertising.

I don't care about Gou getting Sobble but the problem is that this season keeps baiting the audience and it feels like it's more interested on getting a reaction out of people than making a good show. Take the Ho-oh and BF episodes for example, the titles were totally bait and for what purpose? Or some of the captures, Dragonite was a legit surprise but Sobble was purposely misleading or you can say this for Gengar because it debuted on a Koharu episode but the development shifted to Ash because...? Or how they hyped the Raihan vs Leon battle for months and it's was the worst part of the episode. I don't know but all of that feels disho est, like the people working on this are more interested on get the show trending on Twitter than anything else.

Hanto

Water Addiction
You know guys, I stopped caring about Journeys captures right after Ash got his Riolu. With no proper development to his New pokemon except screenhogging jackal (Dragonite being one dimensional hugging bot), already established powerful movesets, useless Mimey and constant clickbaits with no mention of reserves at all this saga is a marketing garbage with no plot. So I don't even watch it every week.
Poor Galar pokemon, Poor starters. That's the first saga their are getting shifted into black hole of non-existense.

No matter how things are right now I don't hate Go, I can't possibly hate Go cause what's happening with Sobble is not his fault, he is a fictional character at the end of the day. It is all because of bad advertisement done to simply trend on Twitter and left like that for months.

That said I am fine with people hating on Go due to this. This will send the right kind of message towards them. They need to know that they can't keep pulling this kind of crap. You can't just make up stories just to trend on twitter. There are people who discuss this stuff for weeks.

People are acting like Sobble will be fine with Go if it gets Raboot like treatment. But Raboot's development is not something to look up to. Riolu at this point has gotten more development than Raboot and it has been around for about one-third amount of episodes. Raboot got one move plus evolution in one episode and some focus in another episode. Riolu might not have gotten a focus episode but it has done much more since its capture. They are just going to waste a nice mon but that's fine because it isn't the first and it won't be the last.

TLDR
Just want them to stop this kind of advertisement. Wasting starter is something they do all the time so that's not that big of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.