• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 14th: SM130 - Mao and Suiren! A Fully Powered Battle of Friendship!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

If Kiawe uses Marowak against Acerola I definitely don’t expect him to win. But I also don’t expect him to compete without using Charizard at some point so if I had to go with my gut I’d say Kiawe’s taking this one home.

As for fatty and druggy, it can also go either way, but I just don’t think Soph is experienced enough to defeat Mina.
That's a good point. Wouldn't make sense to not have each of Kiawe's Pokemon have a moment. I expect him to lose in the top 8 but the fact that he has three Pokemon should mean he lasts longer

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Huh. Never thought him going to Kalos would actually impact his team. Also didn’t know Principal Oak owned Exeggutor (unless this was said before). Mallow vs Lana looks interesting for sure but I still think Lana will win

He's going to use Marowak, I think every Pokemon will get a shot at glory.

Consider, what happens if Acerola uses a Chandelure? Litwick is in the Alola dex. Kiawe is screwed, because Chandelure walls Turtonator and Charizard. They only have one move to hit it, while Marowak has three, and two are super effective (Bonemerang and Shadow Bone).
Litwick isn’t in the Alola Dex

nuzamaki90

so does that mean all the alolan pokemon showcased belong to him? Cause that was not clarified.
Maybe but who really knows when it comes to this anime?

Regardless, I’m really interested in his battle with Hau. We already know Hau is going to win but Oak has the overwhelming type advantage so maybe we might see Alolan Raichu’s Z-Move here?

p96822

Evolve me please
They interacted tons, but honestly I don’t see a point in listing a bunch of instances of those interactions when it seems like you might just not be fond of the characters’ period and it would probably be a waste of time since you wouldn’t change your mind anyway.

I just don't find their bond to be that interesting compare to other characters. If they did focused on the releationship with Mallow and Tsareena I would have care far more then I do now.

Sham

The Guardian of War
So Primarina dodges Doom Bloom by covering herself with her water balloon. Lana has it in the bag.
Primarina also takes a direct hit by magical leaf while using Aqua Jet. Mallow really needs a win in this series since the writers have been doing her dirty. I hope she wins this battle honestly.

nickdt

Primarina also takes a direct hit by magical leaf while using Aqua Jet. Mallow really needs a win in this series since the writers have been doing her dirty. I hope she wins this battle honestly.

Yes, but their is realistically no way Lana can lose without doing her dirty and Lana losing doesn't make sense either, comparing her character progression with Mallows.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Yes, but their is realistically no way Lana can lose without doing her dirty and Lana losing doesn't make sense either, comparing her character progression with Mallows.
No it makes sense. They both have the same battling ratio and that’s against Lusamine. It makes just as much sense as Lana to lose as Mallow.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm really glad that Ilima's using Garuura in the battle against Guzma's Hassam here since I was worried that he'd use his Eievui yet again. The fact that Ilima will Mega Evolve Garuura is kind of bittersweet however since this might be one of the last times that we'll see Mega Evolution in the anime for a long while.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I'm really glad that Ilima's using Garuura in the battle against Guzma's Hassam here since I was worried that he'd use his Eievui yet again. The fact that Ilima will Mega Evolve Garuura is kind of bittersweet however since this might be one of the last times that we'll see Mega Evolution in the anime for a long while.

kind of ironic that Plumeria took his eevee out thus preventing him from using his Z-move, thinking that was his trump card, but he had another.

will it enough to stop Guzma's rampage is the question.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

kind of ironic that Plumeria took his eevee out thus preventing him from using his Z-move, thinking that was his trump card, but he had another.

Probably not. Even without mega evolution or Z moves Guzma has plot armor on his side

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Guzma has the power of "needing to be a threat" on his side. And Ilima is basically the favorite because the rest of the participants aren't exactly well-known.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
OMG like there's so much tension in Lana and Mallow's battl-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Pfft, it’s the main battle. Of course they’re going to throw some sort of tension in there. Regardless, they’re both be fine with whoever wins and it’s obvious that the other battles will get shorter attention compared to Mallow and Lana’s battle. I don’t think it’ll be a snooze fest like you think it will. I’m sure you’re more invested seeing Lillie crush her older brother and Illima tasting Guzma’s destructive dust. We haven’t had a Pokegirl battle against each other since Lana and Misty or Iris and Dawn. It’s nice for a change to see both Pokegirls in the same generation battle each other.

ShadowForce720

Actually in regards to Lana's Primarina being hit by Magical Leaf isn't actually true because if you take a closer look at what is actually colliding with the Magical Leaf, it actually looks like Blue balls or spheres of energy, while Primarina is clearly in the back near Lana, so if I had to guess given what we know of Lana's Primarina's current move set what where actually seeing is a collision of Magical leaf colliding with Sparkling Aria.

So we don't know what's going on while Lana's Primarina is using Aqua Jet, given the generic background it could be happen anywhere in the battle, it's also possible that it could be happening towards the end of the battle after Mallow's Z-move failed to take out Lana's Primarina. Which if I had to guess how Lana's Primarina survived Mallow's Tsareena's Z-move, I think Lana may have used her Primarina's signature Z-move to counter Mallow's Tsareena's Z-move, sort of like how Ash used the Rock type Z-move to counter Nanu's Dark type Z-move.

At least that would make a bit more sense then Primarina just being a able to create a huge "balloon" normally that is somehow strong enough to basically shield it from a Z-move.

Status
Not open for further replies.