• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 14th: SM130 - Mao and Suiren! A Fully Powered Battle of Friendship!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I'd actually really like to see Guzma use Mega Evolution against Ilima here just to give Ilima a taste of his own medicine. Guzma being capable of Mega Evolving his Hassam would also make him more of a threat later on in the tournament when he'll almost certainly battle against Satoshi, so I'm all in favor of that scenario.
Never thought about that, it would also show Guzma at least cares for and love his Pokemon due to the “bond” causing Mega Evolution. (...but then again XYZ kind of threw this concept out the window with a sociopathic maniac being able to Mega Evolve his Mega Gyarados, made no sense since Lys was meant to be insane and genocidal...)

p96822

Evolve me please
Never thought about that, it would also show Guzma at least cares for and love his Pokemon due to the “bond” causing Mega Evolution. (...but then again XYZ kind of threw this concept out the window with a sociopathic maniac being able to Mega Evolve his Mega Gyarados, made no sense since Lys was meant to be insane and genocidal...)

Lysandra care about his Pokémon everyone else. So you’re wrong about him. Him being a sociopath doesn’t make him unable to Mega Evolved his Gyarados

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Lysandra care about his Pokémon everyone else. So you’re wrong about him. Him being a sociopath doesn’t make him unable to Mega Evolved his Gyarados

Except they didn't show it. Nobody's made an attempt at making Lysandre a sympathetic villain, he's just straight up evil but without proper backstory and motive like Ghetsis had(In the games of course lol)
That's why getting characters like Lusamine and Guzma was so refreshing, they're sympathetic villains(Or rather Guzma is in anime terms as Lusamine wasn't a villain). They obviously cared for their Pokemon(Bit too much in Lusamine's case though) so them having Megas wouldn't be much a shock.

But people like Ghetsis and Lysandre shouldn't have be shown with it.
Gozu is passable as a lot of Team Rocket members aren't shown to be 100% evil, only the movie ones, Giovanni, and Attila/Hun really fill that role

p96822

Evolve me please
Except they didn't show it. Nobody's made an attempt at making Lysandre a sympathetic villain, he's just straight up evil but without proper backstory and motive like Ghetsis had(In the games of course lol)
That's why getting characters like Lusamine and Guzma was so refreshing, they're sympathetic villains(Or rather Guzma is in anime terms as Lusamine wasn't a villain). They obviously cared for their Pokemon(Bit too much in Lusamine's case though) so them having Megas wouldn't be much a shock.

Gozu is passable as a lot of Team Rocket members aren't shown to be 100% evil, only the movie ones, Giovanni, and Attila/Hun really fill that role

Really personality doesn’t relate to a Pokémon ability to mega evolve. It said that a person needs a strong bond with their Pokémon. It doesn’t matter if he’s a psychopath or not.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Well they were probably going with something similar to Cyrus and his Crobat: he was loving towards his Pokèmon and the tedious process of evolving Magikarp to Gyarados is a reflection of Lysandre’s previous efforts of being patient to try and help others. Mega Gyarados being destructive reflects him snapping and only caring about destroying anyone that doesn’t fit his ideals

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Ghetsis' only motive in the games was world domination. N was the one that actually believed in the ideals Ghetsis preached. They sort of tried with Lysander, but really, that guy was an ego case from the beginning if he snapped that quickly.

Lusamine in regular SM could be taken either way, depending on how much influence you think Nihilego's toxins had, while in USM, she was way less sympathetic.

Last edited:

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Given how Ash immediately challenges Hau and there's no mention of Hau beating one of the girls, I wonder if that confirms they'll knock each other out

The more depressing thought is their battle is offscreen while we instead get to watch Rowlet learn Feather Dance

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Given how Ash immediately challenges Hau and there's no mention of Hau beating one of the girls, I wonder if that confirms they'll knock each other out

The more depressing thought is their battle is offscreen while we instead get to watch Rowlet learn Feather Dance
or like always the matchups are randomized every round

Sonnas

Okay I'm wondering, what would happen if Illama actually beat Guzma in that match? Would you'll all think he'd feel wasted in this? (I'm not saying it would happen I'm thinking it as a possibility.)

Red and Blue

Okay I'm wondering, what would happen if Illama actually beat Guzma in that match? Would you'll all think he'd feel wasted in this? (I'm not saying it would happen I'm thinking it as a possibility.)
He would most certainly be wasted if he lost in the top 16. Thankfully the chances of him losing are practically non-existent

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Guzma feels wasted already in the overall series and him having an anticlimactic loss wouldn’t help

Leonhart

Imagineer
Doppelgänger said:
it would be more impressive still for Scizor to win without Mega Evolving.

I suppose there's some truth in that. I should just be glad that Ilima has to resort to using his Mega Garuura here in the first place since he might've just used his Eievui again if it hadn't been for Plumeri's Ennewt injuring it before. I should probably be thankful to her for that blessing in disguise.

Sonnas

I suppose there's some truth in that. I should just be glad that Ilima has to resort to using his Mega Garuura here in the first place since he might've just used his Eievui again if it hadn't been for Plumeri's Ennewt injuring it before. I should probably be thankful to her for that blessing in disguise.
Why is it bad that he’d use Eevee again? Is because it’ll just make it look like marketing?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Why is it bad that he’d use Eevee again? Is because it’ll just make it look like marketing?
Since there's already another, more important Eevee in the League.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sonnas said:

Well the marketing angle is one of my biggest pet peeves about the species since I've seen enough of Eievui to last me quite a few lifetimes, but I'm also just glad that Eievui's not involved because it means that we'll be seeing a species of Pokemon [Garuura] that we don't often get to witness battling in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.