• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 14th: SM130 - Mao and Suiren! A Fully Powered Battle of Friendship!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cradily17

I really hope Mallow wins this battle. She's been shafted too much compared to the other main characters. That scene with her temporarily reuniting with her dead mother will always be my favorite moment from SM.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I really hope Mallow wins this battle. She's been shafted too much compared to the other main characters. That scene with her temporarily reuniting with her dead mother will always be my favorite moment from SM.

She's definitely the least developed of the girls HOWEVER the Pokémon League is a little too late to give her some redemption, especially compared to Lana who was shown to be interested in training Popplio, and was fired up to win the league like Ash and Kiawe.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Pokémon Fan has leaked:

jmCtDrl.jpg

AIM TO BECOME CHAMPION! THE CURTAIN RISES FOR THE ALOLA POKÉMON LEAGUE!!
Satoshi and the others participate in the first ever Pokémon league to be held in the Alola region with fully powered strength! We're going to thoroughly report on the battle for the title of first league winner!

The battles are already super fierce in the preliminaries! Who won their way to the Battle Royal?!

Only 16 Trainer/Pokémon groups can continue to the knockout round! 151 Pokémon fought a fierce, disorderly fight.
Blurb: It was a fight for survival where you couldn't lose focus for even a single second!)

Satoshi: Let's do this fully powered!

ypXeO1D.jpg

The lineup of the 16 Trainer/Pokémon groups that will be facing each other in the knockout round has been decided!!!
The first stage will consist of 8 matches! It's a full lineup of Satoshi's friends from the Pokémon School and Trainers he's already met on his adventure! There's no doubt these will all be fierce fights!

Match 1:

Partner: Satoshi/Pokémon: Meltan VS Partner: Sauboh/Pokémon: Sleeper

Match 2:

Partner: Ilima/Pokémon: Garura VS Partner: Guzma/Pokémon: Hassam

Match 3:

Partner: Hau/Pokémon: Alola Raichu VS Partner: Principal Okido/Pokémon: Alola Nassy

Match 4:

Partner: Mao/Pokémon: Amajo VS Partner: Suiren/Pokémon: Ashirene

Match 5:
Partner: Māmane/Pokémon: Kuwagannon VS Partner: Matsurika/Pokémon: Aburibbon

Match 6:
Partner: Musasina/Pokémon: Sonansu VS Partner: Dekojiro/Pokémon: Hidoide

Match 7:
Partner: Kaki/Pokémon: Alola Garagara VS Partner: Acerola/Pokémon: Gangar (Greedy Lapu)

Match 8:

Partner: Lilie/Pokémon: Alola Rokon (Snowball) VS Partner: Gladio/Pokémon: Blacky

f4nYAi3.jpg

A SNEAK-PEAK REVIEW OF THE 8 MATCHES IN THE FIRST STAGE OF THE KNOCKOUT ROUND!!
The first stage consists of single battles where each Tainer uses 1 Pokémon each! Let's try predicting the winners!
Match 1 through 4 will air July 14th!

Match 1: MELTAN VS SLEEPER (Satoshi VS Sauboh)
Meltan is filled with fighting spirit! Will it and Satoshi clear the first stage's match?!

Meltan leapt out of Satoshi's monster ball the instant the battle started! Will it manage to smash Sauboh's traps and seize victory?!
(Blurb: Meltan loves eating metal! It counters Sleeper using an absolutely unbelievable manner of fighting!)

Match 2: GARURA VS HASSAM (Ilima VS Guzma)
Does Ilima have a secret strategy for winning?!

Using the Fighting type move "Power-Up Punch", Garura attacks while increasing its offensive power! Will it smash the tough defenses of Hassam, which uses its speed to fight?!
(Blurb: The trump card Ilima produces is a Key Stone! Will he use Mega Evolution to instantly win?!)

Match 3: ALOLA RAICHU VS ALOLA NASSY (Hau VS Principal Okido)
Who will win?! This is a showdown between Region Formes!

A single attack from Alola Nassy's huge body is super powerful! Hau's Alola Raichu zooms around on its tail searching for a good opportunity!
(Blurb: Alolan residents Hau and Principal Okido fight it out using Alolan Pokémon!)

Match 4: AMAJO VS ASHIRENE (Mao VS Suiren)
The two being close friends is precisely what makes this interesting! What will be the outcome of this battle fought in real earnest?!

Suiren is the one most used to battling, but Mao has a Z-Move she's just learned to use! If she can land that finishing move after becoming one with Amajo, she just might win!
(Blurb: Fighting one of your best friends on the big stage of the knockout round! Will the two be able to truly go all out?!)

Last edited:

Sonnas

She's definitely the least developed of the girls HOWEVER the Pokémon League is a little too late to give her some redemption, especially compared to Lana who was shown to be interested in training Popplio, and was fired up to win the league like Ash and Kiawe.

Especially since her winning again Lana will feel unearned since we never saw her train unlike some of the other characters.
Pokémon Fan has leaked:
Hmm okay this rules out Jessie using Mimikyu.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Especially since her winning again Lana will feel unearned since we never saw her train unlike some of the other characters.

Hmm okay this rules out Jessie using Mimikyu.

And her losing right when she masters the z-move is okay?
No, it isn't...
They shouldn't have had that happen if she's just going to lose

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Mao chan may win this if she lands her Z Move with Tsareena. I’m hoping she lands it and wins. My girl gotta knock her naysayers down and show her hidden energy!

I liked that they mentioned that Lana’s used to battling and the one with the most skill, having the upper hand but Mallow could win this if she successfully performs her Z Move.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Mao chan May win this if she lands her Z Move with Tsareena. I’m hoping she lands it and wins. My girl gotta knock her naysayers down and show her hidden energy!

I liked that they mentioned that Lana’s used to battling and the one with the most skill, having the upper hand but Mallow could win this if she successfully performs her Z Move.
No, she must lose so Kiawe can beat his archnemesis in the top 8.

DatsRight

If there's one thing the Pokemon anime is good at, it is showing us that hard work doesn't always mean you win/succeed

It would be ironic if the one boost she DID earn and work for led to Tsareena TAKING a beating for the first time ever. Mallow would be the embodiment of 'hard work hardly works'.

Truthfully Lana's never done a proper official battle either, so I'm apathetic to the victor in this match, besides maybe who they could face next (it's unlikely now Mallow will face Ash and we'll get Tsareena vs Rowlet at last, so Kiawe vs Lana would likely be the best face-off). Just let us see ONE of them lose their damn plot armour, heaven knows that could only ever happen against each other.

Leonhart

Imagineer
WaterShuriken said:

I don't think the idea of Mao winning the battle would redeem her either, but at the very least it would show her progress with Amajo. Frankly when SM first began, I didn't think that she'd evolve her Amakaji much less that she'd make it into the Alola League, yet here we are. At the very least a victory for Mao here against Suiren and Ashirene would show that the writers are at least trying to shake things up even if it's really late in the saga.

DatsRight

The issue is that Mallow has NO battle experience besides watching Tsareena curbstomp jobbers, so unless they could feasibly make her struggle and develop within one battle (like they did admittedly sort of do with Sophocles), it would feel like they cheaply boosted her if she suddenly battled and won with fluency. Truthfully making Mallow a great battler out of nowhere would just make her more of a farce.

Either of them getting to the Top 8 which consists largely of trained battlers already feels cheap since they did barely any onscreen effort to get that level, but Lana I suppose is the lesser evil since her whole character is being absurdly perfect at everything for laughs.

I find it wearying how I have to rate either girl's chances by how more perfect and plot armoured either is than the other. :p

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I think I just have a hard time imagining Tsareena losing to a Primarina with a moveset focused solely on Water-type moves. This isn't like the Kalos region where Mega Sceptile lost strictly to Greninja's Water Shuriken (Ash had it use Cut and Aerial Ace too) nor Mega Charizard defeating Greninja with Blast Burn (It used Dragon Claw and Thunderpunch as well)... this is literally a battle between a Grass and Water Pokemon, where the Water-type only knows Water moves

Status
Not open for further replies.