1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

July 14th: SM130 - Mao and Suiren! A Fully Powered Battle of Friendship!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jangobadass

Jangobadass The Coolest Character int he Worst Series

They can still make her win if they want to.
    We've seen plenty of BS wins before, and they can do it again.

Oh, I MUCH prefer Lana win, but you never know...
    Mallow could use Bloom Doom, or Shaymin could turn into Sky Forme FTW (literally!) (either way it sucks)

2. Sonnas

Sonnas Well-Known Member

If it does it'll be completely dumb and unfair considering Lana got more training and whatnot than her.

RLC, RashSkies and TheWanderingMist like this.
  3. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

It might have mostly been offscreen, but Lana definitely trains harder than Mallow. Unfortunately, I can see them pulling anime logic here and the power of "really, really wanting it".

RashSkies and Jangobadass like this.
  4. satopi

satopi SM Ash is best Ash! All hail Champion Ash!

Oh silly me, I thought that this was another episode of Mallow and Lana’s past memories together.

It’s not fair to put Mallow against a Trainer who’s shown to be strong so pinning her against a rookie is obviously going to be an easy win for Lana, even if Tsareena is tough as nails, is good at close combat, and has a type advantage. Type advantages aren’t very reliable as they were once thought up to be. It also kind of wouldn’t make sense for Mallow to win unless Lana uses Nagisa. And didn’t we establish (well, hypothesized) that Mallow, Lillie, and Sophocles were going to lose in the early rounds?

Regardless, I’m rooting for my girl Mallow despite the odds stacked against her. I want the writers and animators to spark some hidden competence in her like they did in Lillie. And for once, she may finally have a full battle where she can only rely on herself.

5. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 #TEAMSOBBLE

I think he means more as in pulling off the move well but using it in an unoptimal time, not KO'ing primarina/sandy and costing her the match. Anyways, huh, I guess SM will last a few more episodes than expected, I mean, even the movie wasn't enough to give the show a break

6. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

This ones kinda in the air, Mao has type advantage, Shaymin and something to prove (using Bloom Doom properly) but Suiren has more battle experience and training and more of the “fire” to come out on top. I hope they narratively use this battle to touch on their friendship again, maybe another flashback of their childhood memories and Forest Grandpa can watch them from affair or something? I love my Suiren to death but Mao winning would be an interesting upset.

catzeye likes this.
  7. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

I think Lana’s going to win this one. I had a feeling the classmates would lose by how recent they received their Z Rings (not counting Ash). Should be a fairly intriguing battle

If this is a break between the BR and the Top 16, then I could see them finding a Garcidea Flower and potentially a Water Stone.

8. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Oh maybe that what this episode is. Would be better to get that out of the way before the league matches

lemoncatpower likes this.
  9. Sham

Sham show the unknown

They’re pretty much equal in my opinion in terms of strength and their track record in SM. I will admit however I’m rooting for Mallow since I enjoy Tsareena’s personality ergo the Pokémon itself.

10. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

Mallow winning will make absolutely no sense given her character growth, and there's no way they'd have Lana lose to anyone other than Kiawe because everyone knows that Fire is Super-Effective against Water and Grass is weak to Water

11. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

I’d actually prefer this just since it seems too early still for everyone to be entering the league when they could have these upgrades and do better

12. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Can I just point out that there's really no reason to assume the two are going to battle each other in this episode?

Emelie and KenzeyEevee like this.
  13. Jangobadass

Jangobadass The Coolest Character int he Worst Series

Sorry. It just sounds like a good reason for both of them to be in the title and folks got carried away.

For all we know this could be Part 2 of the Battle Royale and they'll team up (especially since the SM129 preview showed them battling back to back)

Or it could be mid-league filler at the start of the League of them being separated from the rest of the group.

Or it could be one advancing while the other loses.
    Or they could both advance.
    Or both lose.

Or it could be one cheering the other on during their matches (and adding fresh fuel to the ship)

It'll probably be another week or 2 before we really know. We're just guessing and speculating based on what little we know (though some are presuming more than others)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  14. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

Goooo Mallow! Perfect your Z-Move and wreck these losers!

15. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

It is frustrating that we got a title(or at least a partial one) but they couldn't give us a brief summary with it.

Emelie, Kawaii Emolga and KenzeyEevee like this.
  16. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

Since this is Ash's seventh Pokemon League, I think he'd be happy with just a title.

Emelie, catzeye and KenzeyEevee like this.
  17. Could this be the episode a leak for Sword and Shield was talking about? Not that I believe leaks

18. Zariful

Zariful Well-Known Member

What did this leak say

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  19. Thumbs2

Thumbs2 Well-Known Member

What if this is just a filler episode where Shaymin and Eevee change forms/evolve

Emelie and KenzeyEevee like this.
  20. That during a battle Sandy will evolve into the ground type Eeveelution. Sounds fake to me. It also stated that Torrocat would evolve during batteling Charizard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.