1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

July 14th: SM130 - Mao and Suiren! A Fully Powered Battle of Friendship!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kawaii Emolga

Kawaii Emolga The cutest EVER!!!!

I kinda wish that Lillie battle against Faba and wins :p

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  2. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Meh, let's be honest, Mallow might not be the best battler but Tsareena has been shown to be quite the badass in battle so I don't think she'll flop too hard if at all.

Jangobadass and KenzeyEevee like this.
  3. Jangobadass

Jangobadass The Coolest Character int he Worst Series

IKR?
    Hell, Tsareena's usually the one to take charge and get things done without Mallow giving her commands. Mallow ain't much of a trainer, but Tsareena's tough & cool enough to carry her for a while.

1rkhachatryan and KenzeyEevee like this.
  4. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

That's the problem with her winning. She doesn't actually do anything but stand there. And Tsareena doesn't have disobedience problems to mitigate Mallow not commanding her.

5. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

It's like a strange, happy version of Korrina and her Lucario with their singular issues that do work.

Morals be damned.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    KenzeyEevee likes this.
  6. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

7. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Yeah that's my issue with them trying to play off Mallow as accomplished through Tsareena, even the excuse she raised her is undermined by her getting two unearned DEM evolutions. Its like the Dragonite arc for Iris only played utterly straight with nothing undermining the trainer's involvement in the Pokemon's victories being handed to them.

RLC, Twilight-Kun and mehmeh1 like this.
  8. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Amajo only once took charge of a situation and that was scaring off the Persian that was threatening Satoshi, Lillie and Mamane when they were tiny. Amajo, like her trainer, is head strong so that suits her queenly vibe even Mao commented how after evolving she acts like “an adult” and that was the writers’ way of showcasing that evolution. Hence Amajo stomping and “dominating” Persian in such an admittedly kind of “weird” manner. Other than that Mao plenty commands her Pokemon? She certainly did so against TR many times and in crisis situations, even Kasumi commented that she (and Suiren) had knack for battling which flattered Mao a lot so narratively Mao is meant to be seen as knowing what’s she’s doing battle wise.

9. Red and Blue

Honestly if Lana is beating Mallow in the top 16, she could always evolve Sandy before her next match. Not having time to properly train Sandy as a Vaporeon could lead to her defeat against her next opponent

10. DragonKahuna

DragonKahuna Well-Known Member

Out of the three SM girls, Mallow is the more active one in the sense that she is more ready to jump in activities compared to Lana and Lillie who generally step back at first and look at things surprised before jumping to a battle. Even in the episode with the Magical girls, Mallow took the lead of the gang by being the Pink Magical Girl which in general is considered as the main precure in those series. When they arrived in Cerulean Gym to battle Mallow had that serious look and started commanding Steenee with more confidence that Lana and Lillie. I am trying to say that despite of how bad she is handled and despite her lack on battles, when she has the opportunity to battles, she knows what she's doing while Lana and Lillie take some time to think or make strategies.

satopi likes this.
  11. Red and Blue

What I would like is if Tsareena beats Primarina and Lana is left with Sandy it learns a Let's Go move in order to win. Something like Sizzy Slide or Freezy Frost

Emelie likes this.
  12. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

Ha! I had Mallow vs Lana in my League prediction! If this does indeed happen, Lana should win....

Wait....

Malllow & Lana Get Lost at the League!!

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  13. SH65

SH65 Victory Over All!

So we have Trash tier vs Writers pet..... well don't care about this.

14. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

Never gonna happen

Nagisa would've learned Bouncy Bubble from Brionne by now if they were ever going to do anything with Let's Go beyond an excuse to make pokémon with haircuts

It's kinda ironic, really...

Could've given Popplio's gimmick to Nagisa (making bubbles) then shown Brionne learning how to use its voice in preparation for Primarina

But nah - turn Nagisa into an arm warmer and call it a day

15. TheWanderingMist

Which...which one is the writer's pet?

Lana didn't get a single team change until episode 99 (and was the first of the girls to do so, despite literally every male classmate having a secondary Pokemon by episode 34), and was shown training on at least two occasions.

Mallow doesn't actually do anything when she battles with Tsareena. Tsareena just takes the lead and does what she wants.

16. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

Definitely Lana.

She has the Water starter and all.

17. TheWanderingMist

Lana's first catch: Episode 99
    Lana's first evolution: Episode 106
    Lana's second evolution: Episode 120
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mallow's first "catch": Episode 108
    Mallow's first evolution: Episode 18
    Mallow's second evolution: Episode 82
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    And then let's throw Lillie in:

Lillie's first catch: Episode 13 (or Episode 8 if you're counting from the episode where she got the Egg)
    Lillie's first evolution: N/A
    Lillie's plotline: Hijacked by Ash

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  18. Sonnas

Sonnas Well-Known Member

I thought Lillie was the writer's pet?

19. Red and Blue

Well Lana did get her Z ring first. And got Eevee over Lillie(seriously I thought if it didn't go to Ash she would be the next option). And unlike Shaymin and currently Magearna it's an official capture

From what we saw she got more to do than the other two.

20. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Ashimari and Suiren’s goal is to blow a perfect balloon large enough to explore the ocean and they’ve been working on it all series and Ashirene’s main way of fighting is bubbles. Why completely throw away her series-spanning main attribute her and Suiren have worked hard on as well as the Z-Move that literally is a giant balloon for Nagisa? And no Nagisa is a shillmon, he was never meant to be a catalyst for large development and focus on growth and all. That’s what Ashimari was here for and she got that in spades in many episodes, scenes and even cute little passive scenes foreshadowed her future. Ashimari was a coward early in the series that needed to be saved or protected, Nagisa is a rambunctious and headstrong Eevee hence why he’s always bouncing around, tackling crap and acting eccentric and his signature move is “Double-Edge” (Life-Risking Tackle) which is pretty high level already.

Nagisa learning Bouncy Bubble would be cool but it doesn’t have to come at the cost of rendering Suiren’s main partner Pokemon obsolete, why do you think this a good idea?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.