• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 14th: SM130 - Mao and Suiren! A Fully Powered Battle of Friendship!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The knockout round of the Alola Pokémon league, an assembly of skilled Pokémon Trainers, has begun. The first match in the first stage is Satoshi VS Sauboh. How will Satoshi deal with Sauboh's sneaky tricks? The second match is a clash between Ilima and Guzma, and the third is Hau VS Principal Okido. And then, in the fourth match, a fierce battle between Mao and Suiren that transcends friendship begins.

Screenplay 大久保昌弘 (Masahiro Okubo)
Storyboard でんさおり (Saori Den)
Episode Director でんさおり (Saori Den)
Animation Director 山﨑玲愛 (Rei Yamazaki)

---------------------

POKEMON FAN:
jmCtDrl.jpg

AIM TO BECOME CHAMPION! THE CURTAIN RISES FOR THE ALOLA POKÉMON LEAGUE!!
Satoshi and the others participate in the first ever Pokémon league to be held in the Alola region with fully powered strength! We're going to thoroughly report on the battle for the title of first league winner!

The battles are already super fierce in the preliminaries! Who won their way to the Battle Royal?!

Only 16 Trainer/Pokémon groups can continue to the knockout round! 151 Pokémon fought a fierce, disorderly fight.
Blurb: It was a fight for survival where you couldn't lose focus for even a single second!)

Satoshi: Let's do this fully powered!

ypXeO1D.jpg

The lineup of the 16 Trainer/Pokémon groups that will be facing each other in the knockout round has been decided!!!
The first stage will consist of 8 matches! It's a full lineup of Satoshi's friends from the Pokémon School and Trainers he's already met on his adventure! There's no doubt these will all be fierce fights!

Match 1:

Partner: Satoshi/Pokémon: Meltan VS Partner: Sauboh/Pokémon: Sleeper

Match 2:

Partner: Ilima/Pokémon: Garura VS Partner: Guzma/Pokémon: Hassam

Match 3:

Partner: Hau/Pokémon: Alola Raichu VS Partner: Principal Okido/Pokémon: Alola Nassy

Match 4:

Partner: Mao/Pokémon: Amajo VS Partner: Suiren/Pokémon: Ashirene

Match 5:
Partner: Māmane/Pokémon: Kuwagannon VS Partner: Matsurika/Pokémon: Aburibbon

Match 6:
Partner: Musasina/Pokémon: Sonansu VS Partner: Dekojiro/Pokémon: Hidoide

Match 7:
Partner: Kaki/Pokémon: Alola Garagara VS Partner: Acerola/Pokémon: Gangar (Greedy Lapu)

Match 8:

Partner: Lilie/Pokémon: Alola Rokon (Snowball) VS Partner: Gladio/Pokémon: Blacky

f4nYAi3.jpg

A SNEAK-PEAK REVIEW OF THE 8 MATCHES IN THE FIRST STAGE OF THE KNOCKOUT ROUND!!
The first stage consists of single battles where each Tainer uses 1 Pokémon each! Let's try predicting the winners!
Match 1 through 4 will air July 14th!

Match 1: MELTAN VS SLEEPER (Satoshi VS Sauboh)
Meltan is filled with fighting spirit! Will it and Satoshi clear the first stage's match?!

Meltan leapt out of Satoshi's monster ball the instant the battle started! Will it manage to smash Sauboh's traps and seize victory?!
(Blurb: Meltan loves eating metal! It counters Sleeper using an absolutely unbelievable manner of fighting!)

Match 2: GARURA VS HASSAM (Ilima VS Guzma)
Does Ilima have a secret strategy for winning?!

Using the Fighting type move "Power-Up Punch", Garura attacks while increasing its offensive power! Will it smash the tough defenses of Hassam, which uses its speed to fight?!
(Blurb: The trump card Ilima produces is a Key Stone! Will he use Mega Evolution to instantly win?!)

Match 3: ALOLA RAICHU VS ALOLA NASSY (Hau VS Principal Okido)
Who will win?! This is a showdown between Region Formes!

A single attack from Alola Nassy's huge body is super powerful! Hau's Alola Raichu zooms around on its tail searching for a good opportunity!
(Blurb: Alolan residents Hau and Principal Okido fight it out using Alolan Pokémon!)

Match 4: AMAJO VS ASHIRENE (Mao VS Suiren)
The two being close friends is precisely what makes this interesting! What will be the outcome of this battle fought in real earnest?!

Suiren is the one most used to battling, but Mao has a Z-Move she's just learned to use! If she can land that finishing move after becoming one with Amajo, she just might win!
(Blurb: Fighting one of your best friends on the big stage of the knockout round! Will the two be able to truly go all out?!)

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

No summary, and most likely not the full title.

I know that we don't have a summary, and like you said this most likely isn't the full title so it could easily change. Although based on this episode title alone it makes me think that either this is going to be a 2nd part of the BR from the previous episode, or this is going to be in the top 16 and Mallow and Lana are going to face each other although I suppose it's possible that it could also just be focus on their battle against different opponents instead of specifically facing each other.

Leonhart

Imagineer
If this episode involves Mao and Suiren battling, then it'll actually be a pleasant surprise. I know that I'd be rooting for Mao not just because her Amajo has a type advantage against Suiren's Ashirene, but because I think she's the underdog and I tend to root for those kinds of characters.

ShadowForce720

Honestly if this episode is a 2nd part of the Battle Royal, then I would hope that this episode would conclude the Battle Royal, as I don't want the preliminaries going on for to long. Although if Lana and Mallow are battling each other in the Top 16 it would mean that it would confirm that one of them are making it into the Top 8. However the quiz about who makes it into the top 16 with the choices being Ash, Mallow, Lillie, or Sophocles with it not being clear if there can would make it seem like that the battle between Lana and Mallow will happen during the Battle Royal.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
If this is them facing off, Lana needs to win here. She should only lose to Kiawe.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'm gonna assume this is the proper tournament. It'd be weird to focus on these two specifically when it's a giant clash between 151 people (though without a summary, I can't fully judge that). Plus the preview already showed them working together.

Assuming I'm right, this makes sense. It's been established multiple times now that they're best friends, but this is a tournament, so only one can win.

Zariful

You see I actually think Mallow winning here would be good development for her. She could win the battle after perfecting Bloom Doom.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
You see I actually think Mallow winning here would be good development for her. She could win the battle after perfecting Bloom Doom.
Assuming this match is 2v2, I'd rather see her get the timing of the move wrong and use it too early.

Red and Blue

While I'm rooting for Lana this feels like one of this matches that could go either way. If it was something like Sophocles vs. Guzma or Gladion vs. Lillie we would know who the winner is without any speculation

I kinda expected Lana (or Lillie) to face Mallow in the Top 16, and if that's the case I think Lana will win this - though I think Top 8 is as far as she'll go.
Sophocles will most likely go down in Top 16 (he and Mallow were forshadowed to get eliminated early), and I guess Lillie too.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Oh boy, I sure can't wait to see the best girl lose to the writer's pet! /s

Seriously... why can't Mallow just have a shining moment? -_-

p96822

Evolve me please
Wait no break this week? So this confirms that Mallow made it. yay for lazy writing! I don't really care about Mallow that much

Sonnas

I'm betting that Mallow will lose since she's barely got any battle skills or training from the episodes going up to the league. And didn't even do a Z-Move correctly.

Zariful

Assuming this match is 2v2, I'd rather see her get the timing of the move wrong and use it too early.
Nah she's already failed once, she doesn't need to fail again.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Assuming this is after the battle royal and that they're battling each other, at least they get what feels like a relatively fair fight. Lana has the type disadvantage but more experience with z moves, both have a fully evolved 3 stage pokemon and a seemingly weaker mascot pokemon, so whatever the outcome it should be a good battle (obviously I'm rooting for Lana).

At least it's not like Mallow vs Guzma and Lana vs Gladion, which they would each be absolutely guaranteed to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.