• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 15th: PM2019 117 - VS Shirona! Iris' Road to Dragon Master

Sceptilee

I feel like if Iris were to win, we would most likely have had her battling Lance or Diantha since that would ensure that Ash vs Cynthia still happens while Iris goes on to fight Leon in the Semis. As it is, we'll probably see Iris push Cynthia into a corner but ultimately lose, similar to a lot of Ash's losses in leagues such as Harrison or Tyson with the last pokemon barely standing.

It might not even be that close but the fact that it's supposedly an Iris-centric episode means she'll probably take it deep. Also, the trailer showed Mega Garchomp getting blasted by Haxorus, it would be one thing to see that happening to base Garchomp before Mega-evolving but seeing Cynthia's absolute strongest mon getting hit like that definitely indicates a close battle too.

Eevee903

Yare Yare
Ash VS Alain was never important because Ash and Alain don't have much of a rivalry. There's no childhood history between them like with Gary. There's no clash of ideologies or any long-term conflict like with Paul. Alain doesn't even mildly get under Ash's skin like Trip did. Nor did Alain motivate Ash to get better (and vice-versa) like Sawyer. The fans may have wanted Ash to finally beat Alain, but that mostly came from a desire to see Ash-Greninja finally beat Mega Charizard X. Alain is more of a friend than a rival. Whenever Ash loses, they just shake hands and move on. You never really get the idea that either truly cared about beating the other.
I know. But adding the ONE friendly rival Ash has never beaten,creates expectations.
If she loses and uses Dragonite, Haxorus and Excadrill will we never know her last Pokémon? I think Dragonite is semi confirmed and people really want Excadrill so
Watch it being Altaria

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Why would u be surprised if Iris wins ? She worked hard ever since she was a toddler and she is very talented . Unlike Ash she actually uses the same Pokemon she used from the start so…
She is wonderful

Soniman

Break the Limit
I foreee the narrative giving Iris a good lead and try to trick us into thinking she’ll win but then Cynthia pulls a imo reverse card near the climax (probably the lipstick mega evolution scene) and establish herself as someone who’s still on another level but that’s just my prediction

AuraChannelerChris

"I'll punch you in the throat!"
...Is it odd that Sham hasn't been seen posting in the Iris thread yet?

Last edited:

Xeogran

Hajimemashite.
I foreee the narrative giving Iris a good lead and try to trick us into thinking she’ll win but then Cynthia pulls a imo reverse card near the climax (probably the lipstick mega evolution scene) and establish herself as someone who’s still on another level but that’s just my prediction
Nah, not that scene. We still see Haxorus doing well against Mega Garchomp. Whatever Cynthia pulls still hasn't been shown.

I hope Haxorus doesn't lose to the Draco Meteor either, too repetitive.

Yxuro

I can't wait for this fight, seeing Miss Cynthia in a 3vs3 fight makes me very excited. I hope Iris will still do well and I can't wait to know what will be the 3rd pokemon of Cynthia and the 2 of Iris.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
It’s like people are trying to convince themself that Cynthia is winning. Guys the episode is already written can we discuss something else.

Like, why does the animation look so much better here than the other battles so far. Even the second match.

Compare Haxorus’s Dragon Pulse to Gyarados and HUGE difference.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Where in the world is the other threads? Wouldn’t it be easier to update the original thread instead of going through the trouble of deleting the other ones? Or do people actually like doing double the work?