• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 15th: PM2019 117 - VS Shirona! Iris' Road to Dragon Master

AuraChannelerChris

"I'll punch you in the throat!"
It’s like people are trying to convince themself that Cynthia is winning. Guys the episode is already written can we discuss something else.
Geez, forgive us for speculating on stuff that's apparently already decided that's not completely public knowledge yet.

Eevee903

Yare Yare
Iris winning from Cynthia would be major development in Iris' goal.

From an in-universe point of view, however, Cynthia has more chance of winning. Though never say never. That would be a major plot twist and would be actual impressive.

This is the battle I look forward the most, even if Iris doesnt win. I just hope the Elder of Dragon Village watches Iris vs Cynthia.

GLTSRY

Unova Ace Oshawott
I already stated several times that I expect a comfortable win for Cynthia. I think what this episode can and should do for Iris’ character is to show her road to the champion title. There’s too much of a difference between the Iris we saw the last time and the JN Iris, and the gap needs to be filled with flashbacks

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I wonder who is Cynthia's third Pokémon. With her being called a "Dragon Master", I wonder if we'll be seeing Kommo-o as well. This is would be weird though.

Lance is a Dragon Master and will be using two dragon types and a water type snake.

Cynthia is a "Dragon Master" and could be using two dragon types and a water type snake.

cricketlaxwolvesbandy

2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!
Ash vs Cynthia isn’t going to be as interesting as people think lol
I hope Ash loses. It makes sense for Ash to loose to Cynthia or Leon.
Then again winning the whole thing might get him out of the show…

ShadowForce720

I hope Ash loses. It makes sense for Ash to loose to Cynthia or Leon.
Then again winning the whole thing might get him out of the show…
If Ash loses to anyone in the Masters 8 Tournament it’s going to be to Leon.

However it’s probably more likely that Ash will win against Leon considering that it would actually benefit Leon to lose. There really isn’t any benefit for Leon if he wins.

thor94

Like several people, i really hope cynthia will win. Ash already defeated iris, we don't need a redo that will be basically a copy/paste of the previous battle with the same pokemon and same result.
And i want to see Ash fight and defeat Cynthia

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I wonder who is Cynthia's third Pokémon. With her being called a "Dragon Master", I wonder if we'll be seeing Kommo-o as well. This is would be weird though.

Lance is a Dragon Master and will be using two dragon types and a water type snake.

Cynthia is a "Dragon Master" and could be using two dragon types and a water type snake.

You know the writing is biased when Lance, an actual dragon user, is less considered a dragon master than Cynthia.

But, again, that’s more about Iris be Cynthia’s fan.

Shirona has never been called a Dragon Master, what the actual hell are you on about?

AuraChannelerChris

"I'll punch you in the throat!"
It's funny because Lance and Cynthia did have something about dragon masters in Masters EX, but it's only because their fandoms were arguing against each other who was better than the other.

Clair: I'm the best dragon master!
Lance: No way.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Mistranslation of episode titles. Some source translated the title as Battle of Dragon Masters.

Don't follow crappy sources.

It's funny because Lance and Cynthia did have something about dragon masters in Masters EX, but it's only because their fandoms were arguing against each other who was better than the other.

Dragon Master is an anime-exclusive title. What the English video games translate as "dragon master" is something entirely different ("dragon-tsukai", ie "someone who uses dragons". Wataru was in fact referred to as such last episode too)