• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 15th: PM2019 117 - VS Shirona! Iris' Road to Dragon Master

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyBlaze9125

Everyone would be pissed if we were robbed of our long-awaited Ash VS Cynthia battle in favor of ANOTHER Ash vs Iris battle, and I think the writers know that
Sure. But let not kid ourself and think that the writer actually care for our opinion. If they’re gonna be Ash v Cynthia.. it because they wanted it and not because they care what the fans think.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Like the writers also know people wanted to have Ash vs Alain. I am just saying: nothing is set in stone (bar Leon vs Ash)
Replace Cynthia with Lance and this battle would have more have or less the same effect on her goal. Instead they decided shock value of Iris beating Cynthia is the best option.

It’s like they’re trying to start a sh*t storm considering the Alain and Ash rematch. It’s ironic that she’s become the new Serena and now just mentioning her name starts tedious arguments but Serena’s magically stopped.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Replace Cynthia with Lance and this battle would have more have or less the same effect on her goal. Instead they decide shock value of Iris beating Cynthia is the best option.

It’s like they’re trying to start a sh*t storm considering the Alain and Ash rematch
I mean bad press is also press.
The matchups are weird. Though I just hope Iris is done justice, if she loses

Belowski

Like the writers also know people wanted to have Ash vs Alain. I am just saying: nothing is set in stone (bar Leon vs Ash)
Ash VS Alain was never important because Ash and Alain don't have much of a rivalry. There's no childhood history between them like with Gary. There's no clash of ideologies or any long-term conflict like with Paul. Alain doesn't even mildly get under Ash's skin like Trip did. Nor did Alain motivate Ash to get better (and vice-versa) like Sawyer. The fans may have wanted Ash to finally beat Alain, but that mostly came from a desire to see Ash-Greninja finally beat Mega Charizard X. Alain is more of a friend than a rival. Whenever Ash loses, they just shake hands and move on. You never really get the idea that either truly cared about beating the other.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I mean bad press is also press.
The matchups are weird. Though I just hope Iris is done justice, if she loses
If she loses and uses Dragonite, Haxorus and Excadrill will we never know her last Pokémon? I think Dragonite is semi confirmed and people really want Excadrill so

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Sure. But let not kid ourself and think that the writer actually care for our opinion. If they’re gonna be Ash v Cynthia.. it because they wanted it and not because they care what the fans think.
True and not true. It’s correct assuming that Ash isn’t losing in the first round because that’s almost never happened and he’s the protagonist.

This is a bit less black and white (no pun intended). Title, trailer and summary are in Iris’s favor but Cynthia is in the same bracket as Ash. It’s best just staying partial really.

You are right it’s clear that not everything in the anime is determined by fan service and that’s true for every form of entertainment really.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
I still think they'll give Iris Pokémon she owns in-game for new additions.
For the game in B2W2 as Champion, She had Lapras, Archeops, Druddigon, Hydreigon, Aggron (for some reason), Salamance and Haxorus, Aggron will be out cause Steven, i dont see her using Archeops against Cynthia so left Lapras, Draddigon, Salamance and Hydreigon if the writers are planning for the game team

He's up against Steven, rank 3 in the first round

Cynthia is rank 2, and she's also on his side of the bracket, so if she beats Iris, Ash battles her next

And of course, the man, the myth, the legend, Leon, is rank 1 and is at the end of Ash's bracket

The only thing this shows is that this whole quack tournament is rigged for Ash’s lame ass. Somehow he can beat anyone but the rest can’t. It’s laughable

It's weird how Excadrill hasn't been acknowledged at all. Emolga at least appeared last time, but Excadrill, Iris's actual starter, is nowhere to be seen.

Well it appeared in a flashback in her 2021 episode, so it was seen.

Merch basically confirms she uses Dragonite, so it’s either Excadrill or her 6th member being used in that 3rd slot. Her using Garchomp would be hilarious though.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Based on Dephender's summary, Iris seems to be focusing on full-offense tactic, which may or may not be to prove Cynthia how far she has come, but as we humans say: "Power is nothing without control."

Iris' Journeys debut showcased her with a Gible and Goodra with Clair in background. Perhaps, Iris could use a Goodra, Dragonite and Haxorus to play the deck open with full-Dragon team. Again, a lesson she might learn how type variants can come clutch in such occassions.

Still, Haxorus against a Milotic and a Mega Garchomp seals the deal. Writers are not going to allow Ash to climb his way up against the current Monarch with relatively-easier opponents. He'll go through Steven, Cynthia, and Leon as World's Top 3.

Iris has nothing to lose. No proof required to win each battle how strong one became, after all. The victor will be Cynthia 99%.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Writers are not going to allow Ash to climb his way up against the current Monarch with relatively-easier opponents. He'll go through Steven, Cynthia, and Leon as World's Top
I want Cynthia to win but if she defeats Cynthia doesn’t mean she’s not a relatively easier opinion? . How would she win this battle and still be weaker than Cynthia?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I want Cynthia to win but if Siri’s defeats Cynthia doesn’t mean she’s not a “relatively easier opinion”. How would she win this battle and still be weaker than Cynthia?

She is a relatively-easier opponent as Ash has scored a win over Iris. She is described as the 'young' Champion and Journeys have absolutely no shortage of picturing her with such expressions, especially when the strategy debates unfolded among Champions during Leon vs. Alain.

There is also a debate of "Gimmick". While yet to be revealed, Iris as of current seems only candidate with no utilization of either Dynamax, Mega, or Z-Move. There is no concerns here she is a powerful figure to represent Unova as Champion, but all other candidates are more experienced as seasoned Champions; Lance included as a formerly long-standing Elite Four.

Sceptilee

I feel like if Iris were to win, we would most likely have had her battling Lance or Diantha since that would ensure that Ash vs Cynthia still happens while Iris goes on to fight Leon in the Semis. As it is, we'll probably see Iris push Cynthia into a corner but ultimately lose, similar to a lot of Ash's losses in leagues such as Harrison or Tyson with the last pokemon barely standing.

It might not even be that close but the fact that it's supposedly an Iris-centric episode means she'll probably take it deep. Also, the trailer showed Mega Garchomp getting blasted by Haxorus, it would be one thing to see that happening to base Garchomp before Mega-evolving but seeing Cynthia's absolute strongest mon getting hit like that definitely indicates a close battle too.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Ash VS Alain was never important because Ash and Alain don't have much of a rivalry. There's no childhood history between them like with Gary. There's no clash of ideologies or any long-term conflict like with Paul. Alain doesn't even mildly get under Ash's skin like Trip did. Nor did Alain motivate Ash to get better (and vice-versa) like Sawyer. The fans may have wanted Ash to finally beat Alain, but that mostly came from a desire to see Ash-Greninja finally beat Mega Charizard X. Alain is more of a friend than a rival. Whenever Ash loses, they just shake hands and move on. You never really get the idea that either truly cared about beating the other.
I know. But adding the ONE friendly rival Ash has never beaten,creates expectations.
If she loses and uses Dragonite, Haxorus and Excadrill will we never know her last Pokémon? I think Dragonite is semi confirmed and people really want Excadrill so
Watch it being Altaria

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Why would u be surprised if Iris wins ? She worked hard ever since she was a toddler and she is very talented . Unlike Ash she actually uses the same Pokemon she used from the start so…
She is wonderful

Status
Not open for further replies.