• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 15th: PM2019 117 - VS Shirona! Iris' Road to Dragon Master

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
6HJ45pS.png
There's always the sad option Iris asks Cynthia to go all out against her Haxorus, even though there will be a huge power gap between them...
Which I Hope is not the case.

Sham

The Guardian of War
FWg9m9mXwAAdDhN

Question is, what iteration does Cynthia even has a Mega Garchomp? She was robbed it in BDSP because the developers made a weird decision of what new feature they felt like including in those games.
The only plot twist they could do is make Cynthia lose. The rest ls kinda obvious. Iris pushes Cynthia to the limit and she uses Mega Evolution to beat Haxorus.

That Ash battle just shouldn’t have happened.

This kinda explain my thoughts accurately. The probably isn’t wanting Iris/Lance to win but instead the narrative decisions they made prior.

They rushed Ash battle so much where Haxorus got one shot (also Dracovish) and quickly ended the episode after.

Now you bring them back and losing again. Both instances in her return she lost and him as well.

So while I don’t care that Cynthia or Diantha are winning these matches in isolation both Iris and Lance got done dirty with context and this is adding salt to the wound.

Like okay, sweet she’s is pushing Cynthia and losing that’s fine but why did you have that Leon and Ash battle..?

That being said, some good came out of it. Haxorus looks like a Chad and at Lance has a Hydregion.

FU5GBx2WYAABvK_

He’s eating and leaving no crumbs

Last edited:

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
FWg9m9mXwAAdDhN

Question is, what iteration does Cynthia even has a Mega Garchomp? She was robbed it in BDSP because the developers made a weird decision of what new feature they felt like including in those games.

Why give her it besides hyped up Mega Lucario vs Mega Garchomp (just why?). Like we didn’t have enough Megas already.

Ngl Mega Garchomp is ugly and the fact Iris Lance/Leon(TBD) aren’t the only people who have it is overkill
SM games Cynthia

Megapixel

FWg9m9mXwAAdDhN

Why give her it besides hyped up Mega Lucario vs Mega Garchomp (just why?). Like we didn’t have enough Megas already.

Ngl Mega Garchomp is ugly and the fact Iris Lance/Leon(TBD) aren’t the only people who have it is overkill
cynthia has it in masters.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

She has Mega Garchomp in the battle tree in the gen 7 games.
That Ash battle just shouldn’t have happened.

Or perhaps they shouldn't have made Iris champion to begin with.

I wasn't too fond of the idea of them doing it because it kind of takes away some of her freedom as a character, I liked that she didn't want to be a gym leader because she wanted to be a free spirit with her own "natrual" goal, and she even said that being a champion doesn't get her closer to her true goal of being a dragon master.

Combined with the fact we don't know in detail how she got there, was it really worth it long term?

The only ones who like it are her fans because they feel it gives her some kind of vindication, but that's only vindication to those fans not everyone, and if all she does is lose on screen when being champion then that only makes you question more why they bothered at all.

Because it feels to me like sending her down her "Game" path only made things worse for her.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Iris is canonically the weakest trainer here despite Ash ranking 8th... there's nothing more to say here. Maybe you can argue she's above Alain, since he's not a "Champion", but even he's beaten Ash in the past. Her doing well against Cynthia is a blessing, because no one got that treatment in the series up to this point. That's it's own reward

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Iris is canonically the weakest trainer here despite Ash ranking 8th... there's nothing more to say here. Maybe you can argue she's above Alain, since he's not a "Champion", but even he's beaten Ash in the past. Her doing well against Cynthia is a blessing, because no one got that treatment in the series up to this point. That's it's own reward
Caitlin also did quite well against Cynthia.

Gothitelle didn't go down against Garchomp

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Why are people giving Iris more repeat Dragons that other people have when Flapple and/or Appletun are RIGHT there? Plus they also suit her so well since she loves to eat apples.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Iris beat Ash back when they had their first battle for Excadrill vs Pikachu, although that was a severely bad matchup for Pikachu

Also, I think this is annoying that people treat Iris in a light that is propping her to look bad just because she already lost to Ash, this clearly was the writer's way of showing Iris was able to become Champion at the same time as Ash and merely probably has not so great luck in the grand scheme of things. Cynthia is basically one of the strongest trainers on the planet and clearly is only outdone by Leon. Iris losing here is not an injustice to Iris.

Also, at the end of the day, Ash is the main protagonist. They could have easily kept Iris not champion and had the original Black/White champion be that, but yet people are fickle.

Last edited:

jrizza88

Meteorite
BW Ash was a total joke that everyone but him got the wins that mattered. I thought this was already known.

Remember, Trip got beaten by Bianca before Ash could win (very cheaply) against him.
Yes, we all know that was his worst run since Kanto, but you're missing the entire point. Iris was never a pushover and always has been a threat. Me pointing it out is a win for Iris, no matter how it is spinned about Ash.

Megapixel

Iris probably has a similar level to the current paul in terms of strength, plus she will give cynthia a too even battle, I don't know if that would exactly be someone "weak".

Megapixel

Iris beat Ash back when they had their first battle for Excadrill vs Pikachu, although that was a severely bad matchup for Pikachu

Also, I think this is annoying that people treat Iris in a light that is propping her to look bad just because she already lost to Ash, this clearly was the writer's way of showing Iris was able to become Champion at the same time as Ash and merely probably has not so great luck in the grand scheme of things. Cynthia is basically one of the strongest trainers on the planet and clearly is only outdone by Leon. Iris losing here is not an injustice to Iris.

Also, at the end of the day, Ash is the main protagonist. They could have easily kept Iris not champion and had the original Black/White champion be that, but yet people are fickle.
now that you mention that, ash in theory could be the champion of hoenn or sinnoh if he so wanted and challenged them for the title outside the tournament (we know by simple logic that ash will beat steven and cynthia).

Kage-Pikachu

I wish this was the Master's 16 and everyone in the current Master's 8 got to show off their strength.
Ash vs Wallace should have been here. Iris is a great trainer who struggled and succeeded in getting two disobedient Pokemon to work with her. it's awful that she likely won't have a single win on screen in this series.

I really wish Leon would have fought Drake (orange islands) in the master's 16, i would love for his Ditto to transform into g-max charizard and for his dragonite to use more than 4 moves in the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.