• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 19th: SM82 - Won't You Give us a Dance Dance Evolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martianmister

https://i.imgur.com/UeDjniS.jpg

It's been decided that the classmates at the Pokémon School will all present a "PokéDance", where their Pokémon will dance a dance the Trainer has come up with. They all start coming up with dances that make the best use of their Partner Pokémon's individual qualities, but...

Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
Storyboard 飯島正勝 (Masakatsu Iijima)
Episode Director 中村近世 (Chikayo Nakamura)
Animation Director 田之上慎 (Shin Tanoue)
Animation Director 小林ゆかり (Yukari Kobayashi)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Last edited by a moderator:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Ugh, sounds like one of those typical SOL fillers in the school, except this time, it might actually result in an evolution. If Steenee actually evolves, it would probably be one of the most, if not, the most undeserved final stage Pokémon seen on the cast. But I guess since it's clear the writers seem to have no idea what to do about Mallow and her goal, they could potentially be gifting her an evolution to give her some relevance.

Oh and great, trainers have to come up with a dance. We all know Ash's incredible dancing skills, so expect to see Ash think of the dumbest of dances for Pikachu, and for them to be the butt of jokes this episode.

ShadowForce720

hmm my guess is that while Mallow is helping her Steenee practice the dance she has come up with it accidently learns Stomp and winds up evolving in the episode.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Since the title reminded me of "Dance Dance Revolution" I would like them to dance into the actual platform of it, but I doubt we would see such thing.

And this is an opportunity of Mallow's Steenee to really evolve, regardless the reasons behind it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
There's absoluttely nothing in that summary that even mentions Mao or Amamaiko. Read the summary before commenting.
But the image does show Mallow and Steenee.

ShadowForce720

There's absoluttely nothing in that summary that even mentions Mao or Amamaiko. Read the summary before commenting.

Sure while the summary doesn't mention Mallow or Steenee it's important to point out that the picture does seem to focus on them, and while the picture doesn't guarantee they will be the focus of the episode it's not like it's unheard of for the picture we get for the episode to focus on the character/characters that are receiving focus in the episode so it's not that far out there and it's not ridiculous to think that the episode might focus on Mallow and Steenee and this might be the episode where Steenee evolves especially since it would be easy for the dance that Mallow comes up with for Steenee to incorporate the move Stomp into it.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
People are hopeful we can get something from them though, especially with the summary picture.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
But the image does show Mallow and Steenee.

Sure while the summary doesn't mention Mallow or Steenee it's important to point out that the picture does seem to focus on them, and while the picture doesn't guarantee they will be the focus of the episode it's not like it's unheard of for the picture we get for the episode to focus on the character/characters that are receiving focus in the episode so it's not that far out there and it's not ridiculous to think that the episode might focus on Mallow and Steenee and this might be the episode where Steenee evolves especially since it would be easy for the dance that Mallow comes up with for Steenee to incorporate the move Stomp into it.

And if the picture had shown someone else, would you still have made those posts? If we didn't get a picture to go with the summary, would you have made those posts? Pictures aren't necessarily all that representative of the episode's focus - the summaries for the recent Meteno episode had Satoshi in their picture, but the episode was in no way focused on him.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
July 5th? Isnt that meant to be the battle royal episode though?

Oops. Fixed.

(for the record, it should also be mentioned that most comments about this summary on 2ch, where people were able to read the summary before the jumped to conclusions based on the picture, seem to think this is going to be a Kaki episode, since that's the character primarily associated with dancing. This is why threads get closed for commenting until summaries and pictures are all posted and translated, people)

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Could it be... Serena's return episode?

I wish, but seems almost impossible. The summary mentions that the classmates think of dance moves for their Pokémon, so there seems to be no need for people from outside. If they had mentioned a special guest or something invited to teach dance, that might have made it more possible.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I doubt it, not that'd I mind if it were. And since people seem to be forgetting, you need music to dance. Popplio has a chance as well.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Hahaha! It's too good to be true, but it might happen though. Misty & Brock SM's return threw me off guard during the preview of the episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.