• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 19th: SM82 - Won't You Give us a Dance Dance Evolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I'm glad she's evolving because otherwise there'd be no interesting episodes out of the 4 of these. I can't wait to see how Tsareena acts with everyone else. Personally hoping for a stubborn but caring personality

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm glad she's evolving because otherwise there'd be no interesting episodes out of the 4 of these. I can't wait to see how Tsareena acts with everyone else. Personally hoping for a stubborn but caring personality
Agreed, I am really excited. I personally think it is a deserved evolution as bounsweet is a literal fruit and shouldn't need much to evolve, and then Steenee works her ass off in the restaurant and we've seen her battle before. Not to mention all she has to do is learn a certain move to evolve, she doesn't evolve via battle experience. The people complaining think every pokemon should battle x amount of times before evolving.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Agreed, I am really excited. I personally think it is a deserved evolution as bounsweet is a literal fruit and shouldn't need much to evolve, and then Steenee works her ass off in the restaurant and we've seen her battle before. Not to mention all she has to do is learn a certain move to evolve, she doesn't evolve via battle experience. The people complaining think every pokemon should battle x amount of times before evolving.
^This. We've had "undeserved" evolutions and captures (based on their logic) in every series.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I don’t have much of a problem with it since Mallow is pretty much irrelevant to me but I just find it funny how we’ve had a Pokémon who’s reached its final evolution without battling almost at all meanwhile Buneary, Axew and Togepi (until its very least episode) are in a corner crying.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:
I can't wait to see how Tsareena acts with everyone else. Personally hoping for a stubborn but caring personality

Given Amajo's regal design, I hope Mao's will act like a diva for gag purposes when she has to, but that she'll have a soft side underneath. So kind of like a tsundere.

dman_dustin

^This. We've had "undeserved" evolutions and captures (based on their logic) in every series.

That's not just it, either (captures/evolutions). I think after all these seasons/episodes/series of Pokemon we would learn by now, the writers and producers just DO NOT care, and they'll focus on certain Pokemon to favor over other Pokemon (battles, screentime, moves, evolutions, captures, etc, etc, etc). Anything else is irrelevant, and if they want to evolve Steenee, then they'll evolve Steenee, they don't care that Mallow hasn't gotten much, they won't care about whether Steenee has done much, they'll decide, its been a quite a few episodes since Bounsweet evolved into Steenee, let's just evolve Steenee now.

I mean look at Ash's Sliggoo and Charmeleon they evolved really close to their last evolution and we're talking about Pokemon belonging to a battle heavy character.

D

Deleted member 384931

Will you still watch the episode now you know that Steenee will evolve? You already know how and when lol.

D

Deleted member 384931

That's not just it, either (captures/evolutions). I think after all these seasons/episodes/series of Pokemon we would learn by now, the writers and producers just DO NOT care, and they'll focus on certain Pokemon to favor over other Pokemon (battles, screentime, moves, evolutions, captures, etc, etc, etc). Anything else is irrelevant, and if they want to evolve Steenee, then they'll evolve Steenee, they don't care that Mallow hasn't gotten much, they won't care about whether Steenee has done much, they'll decide, its been a quite a few episodes since Bounsweet evolved into Steenee, let's just evolve Steenee now.

I mean look at Ash's Sliggoo and Charmeleon they evolved really close to their last evolution and we're talking about Pokemon belonging to a battle heavy character.
Agreed. But the final evolutions are powerhouses.

dman_dustin

Will you still watch the episode now you know that Steenee will evolve? You already know how and when lol.

You might've have not been around the heavy spoilers that was around generation 4 and 5, but spoilers don't necessarily turn me off as Pokemon is the only series I genuinely wish I knew what would happen at the end of the generation, so I know what Pokemon Ash would have or wouldn't have.

Pokemon is the one franchise I get super annoyed by not having information to digest.

Agreed. But the final evolutions are powerhouses.

I mean I get Goodra, because of Ash's battle with Clemont, but all Charizard did was disobey, it literally evolved just because it was taunted by Aerodactyl.

On top of that, if it was about Ash hurrying to get a powerhouse, I question why in other series, he either never got a super powerhouse (Johto) or why it took so long (3rd generation/though maybe Glalie could qualify here, more so than Swellow).

Mallow having Tsareena likely is just about giving her another Pokemon related development, since she's not going to get another Pokemon.....apparently, and likely also to give Mallow a powerhouse in the obviously inevitable episodes where Mallow needs a strong Pokemon to fight off opponents #SarcasmUntilMySarcasmIsn'tJustified.

D

Deleted member 384931

You might've have not been around the heavy spoilers that was around generation 4 and 5, but spoilers don't necessarily turn me off as Pokemon is the only series I genuinely wish I knew what would happen at the end of the generation, so I know what Pokemon Ash would have or wouldn't have.

Pokemon is the one franchise I get super annoyed by not having information to digest.

I mean I get Goodra, because of Ash's battle with Clemont, but all Charizard did was disobey, it literally evolved just because it was taunted by Aerodactyl.

On top of that, if it was about Ash hurrying to get a powerhouse, I question why in other series, he either never got a super powerhouse (Johto) or why it took so long (3rd generation/though maybe Glalie could qualify here, more so than Swellow).

Mallow having Tsareena likely is just about giving her another Pokemon related development, since she's not going to get another Pokemon.....apparently, and likely also to give Mallow a powerhouse in the obviously inevitable episodes where Mallow needs a strong Pokemon to fight off opponents #SarcasmUntilMySarcasmIsn'tJustified.
The only battle experience the classmates have (except Kiawe) is the AF arc and the Kanto arc. And it is not that they battled that much.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I mean, Torchic evolved despite doing literally nothing throughout Hoenn, and IIRC Taillow had 0 onscreen wins until it evolved. I don't recall Serena's Fennekin doing much before it evolved, either.

I don't like Pokemon with undeserved evolutions as much as the next person, but Steenee is hardly the worst offender.

DatsRight

I mean, Torchic evolved despite doing literally nothing throughout Hoenn, and IIRC Taillow had 0 onscreen wins until it evolved. I don't recall Serena's Fennekin doing much before it evolved, either.

I don't like Pokemon with undeserved evolutions as much as the next person, but Steenee is hardly the worst offender.

I guess it's more those Pokemon were at least active, not in a very competent or developed way, but we seen them a lot trying to get involved. They at least stood out a little as characters compared to Steenee.

D

Deleted member 384931

I guess it's more those Pokemon were at least active, not in a very competent or developed way, but we seen them a lot trying to get involved. They at least stood out a little as characters compared to Steenee.
Lol Steenee is going to go in the history books

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Heck we had a quick evolution in the last series where Luxio hardly did anything and evolved a lot quicker (while also evolving during a TR episode too lol).

And had less personality and screen time to boot than Steenee. At least her personality is more than a grumpy face on her along with actually being out of her Pokeball.

DatsRight

Heck we had a quick evolution in the last series where Luxio hardly did anything and evolved a lot quicker (while also evolving during a TR episode too lol).

And had less personality and screen time to boot than Steenee. At least her personality is more than a grumpy face on her along with actually being out of her Pokeball.

Luxray is pretty much a laughing stock in terms of importance as well though. It only makes things more blatant for Steenee since she has been out of her ball WAY more than Luxray and yet does little to garner interest.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So it confirmed that Steenee is evolving, which mean that the writers stop trying to make mallow a good character and decided to give her Pokemon evolutions to make her relevant.

What direction did you honestly think her character was going? They didn't even give her a Z Ring.

It's a little sad though.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
So Tsarenna is comfired!!! I was againts the evolution at first but now that I think about it, it might be nice to have a Tsarenna in the main cast. I just hope her attitude will change and she will act smth like a diva and disobey Mallow leading to some development. And Mallow finally has a powerhouse.
--
Idk if this evolution means that the girls will fully evolve what they already have or get a 2nd capture sometime later (maybe in their side story episodes, if they get one).

Status
Not open for further replies.