• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 19th: SM82 - Won't You Give us a Dance Dance Evolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Pokemon with a variety of forms usually get at least one episode focusing on all the forms, like Sawsbuck.

And it is strange that we haven't seen the Pa'u Style yet, even though we've been to Akala so many times.

Then again, I feel if this was an Oricorio episode, its name would be in the title.
True but also if it gets mentioned in the summary then it should be safe to say it’s an Oricorio episode. Well there is still a possibility all Oricorio forms will be shown because an Oricorio wouldn’t have to change form by arriving at Melemele Island and sip Yellow Nectar there.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Pokemon with a variety of forms usually get at least one episode focusing on all the forms, like Sawsbuck.

And it is strange that we haven't seen the Pa'u Style yet, even though we've been to Akala so many times.

Then again, I feel if this was an Oricorio episode, its name would be in the title.
heh, what if ash ends up catching an oricorio at some point?

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Ughhh, another classic filler where TR intervene with a generic trap and a Pokemon evolves. Who wants to bet Tsareena does even less than Steenee?

The Charjabug dancing bot looks cool though.
It won't remain a filler if steenee actually evolves. I agree on the tsareena doing less than steenee though!

DatsRight

It won't remain a filler if steenee actually evolves. I agree on the tsareena doing less than steenee though!

As much as people complain about the stagnancy of this series, at least they try to let you connect to the teams (eg. Sophocles team who have barely bulked at all but have likeable characters and odd bits of involvement). Both Mallow and Steenee still barely have a character or involvement or anything and yet the latter is now gonna fully evolve. It's another Noivern situation where growing it is about the only thing they can think of it to do.

Oh and I suppose this means TR are going to get utterly thrashed by one of the non-battlers straight after decimating Pikachu AGAIN.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Meh the only thing that got my attention was the Charjabug bot. Seeing TR there just killed my interest but I should have probably expected that from that "but..." in the summary.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Dancing Robot Charjabug looks cool at least to compensate for Sophocles's potentially poor dancing ability. Nice that Pa'u Style Oricorio is debuting and hilarious to see that Rowlet has crashed into Ash. And the flashing around Steenee must be something... doesn't seem like the glow of evolution to me. It seems to be more like a new move.

DatsRight

When did this happen?

The Ula Ula trial. Pikachu spent most of the match getting his ass kicked by Mimikyu until he learned a new move by chance.

Compare to the Mareanie debut episode where TR thrashed Pikachu and Rowlet and then got swatted by Lillie and Mallow in their episodes following.

Slapstick-Olivia

Both Mallow and Steenee still barely have a character or involvement or anything and yet the latter is now gonna fully evolve. It's another Noivern situation where growing it is about the only thing they can think of it to do.

You are sadly right about this. Mallow and her Pokémon are probably the most underdeveloped characters of the S&M anime, or maybe even the whole Pokémon series as a whole.
If a Pokémon does evolve in the anime than it kinda has to have reasons for it. But Mallow and her Pokémon do barley anything in the anime, that I really can justified this evolution at all.

I think the problem with this is, that Mallow's character is just written as a nice girl. This is not an image that a writer can do much with. Each of the other classmates at least have other images to their personality. Lillie had PTSD and a rocky relationship with her family, Kiawe is a hot head and a farmer, Sophocles is a geek/nerd/inventor and not very fit in terms of sports, Ash can be a clumsy fool sometimes, has an interesting family-relationship with characters that he is not even related to and is very energetic and Lana can be sometimes a bit of a weird girl with hidden talents.

Poor Mallow has nothing really, or at least they do not play much with the very few talents that she has. Her cooking talents are not as much played out like the ones from Brock and Cilan and also her family relationships are not really that much shown compare to the other classmates.

And I think this is the reason why her Pokémon does evolve, because the writers kinda have to give her something.

DatsRight

You are sadly right about this. Mallow and her Pokémon are probably the most underdeveloped characters of the S&M anime, or maybe even the whole Pokémon series as a whole.
If a Pokémon does evolve in the anime than it kinda has to have reasons for it. But Mallow and her Pokémon do so barley anything in the anime, that I really can justified this evolution at all.

I think the problem with this is, that Mallow's character is just written as a nice girl. This is not an image that a writer can do much with. Each of the other classmates at least have another image to their personality. Lillie had PTSD, Kiawe is a hot head, Sophocles is a geek/nerd/inventor and not very fit in terms of sports, Ash can be a clumsy fool sometimes and is very energetic and Lana can be sometimes a bit of a weird girl with hidden talents.

Poor Mallow has nothing really, or at least they do not play much with the very few talents that she has. Her cooking talents are not as much played out like the ones from Brock and Cilan and also her family relationships are not really that much shown compare to the other classmates.

And I think this is the reason why her Pokémon does evolve, because the writers kinda have to give her something.

Mallow has odd hints of a temper or kookiness, and Steenee ESPECIALLY has a bad temper against Rowlet, but nothing is done with it besides a running gag. It's annoying because the show has done plenty of COTD with cooking agendas that were done in far more creative ways than Mallow. Now they have one in the main cast they can barely get through one episode with her.

Hell even in terms of using TR they could have made them rivals with their malasada wagon, but no, they're just stuck as their usual plot device/straw loser role like with any other twerp they can't think of anything noteworthy to do.

Slapstick-Olivia

Mallow has odd hints of a temper or kookiness,
Really? I can't really remember an episode where Mallow has shown kookiness and a temper. But maybe it is because I barley pay any attention to her. Poor Mallow... kinda shows me how uninteresting she is for me.

DatsRight

Really? I can't really remember an episode where Mallow has shown kookiness and a temper. But maybe it is because I barley pay any attention to her. Poor Mallow... kinda shows me how uninteresting she is for me.

She lost patience with her dad's overambition, and her first match with TR was probably one of their most vicious beatdowns yet (which is saying a LOT). She also shows a springy attitude at times and has odd affinities for weird habits like Olivia's behaviour, even if it's underplayed compared to other students like Ash or even Lillie.

p96822

Evolve me please
Hey James is crossdressing again! We haven't seen that in years and I'm wondering how Mareanie is going to react to that :D!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hey James is crossdressing again! We haven't seen that in years and I'm wondering how Mareanie is going to react to that :D!
Well yeah I guess it may be a reference to James crossdressing in the past series. But then it's nice to see it after a long time and it will also be funny if Mareanie latched onto him while he is in that disguise.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The Ula Ula trial. Pikachu spent most of the match getting his ass kicked by Mimikyu until he learned a new move by chance.

Compare to the Mareanie debut episode where TR thrashed Pikachu and Rowlet and then got swatted by Lillie and Mallow in their episodes following.
You say that as if Pikachu getting hurt by TR’s Pokemon is a bad thing and that they aren’t supposed to guard themselves. :p

Agreed on how rushed this has been for Steenee though. It was fine with Bounsweet because you can’t do anything with something like a fruit with no limbs (which is why about everyone was fine with it evolving) but they definitely should have given her a few more episodes in between. At least there’s still a decent chunk of episodes left in the series for Tsareena to do something (assuming it evolves). I doubt the writers will take advantage of that but who knows.

I do wonder if Steenee will get another fully-animated evolution like Bounsweet got when it evolved however.

Status
Not open for further replies.