• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 21st: SM131 - Musashi VS Kojiro! A Battlefield of Love and Truth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Any comments on Kiawe vs Acerola? It looks so even. Albeit I'm starting to feel like Kiawe will overcome that Gengar.

Nice to know it's also the same one from Acerola's debut episode. A tough cookie for sure.

TheKnightsFury

TheKnightsFury
Jessie wins. I’d expect the next round to be 2v2 and James only has 1 Pokémon where Jessie has 2. If it’s all 1v1 battles I’ll be angry.

dman_dustin

Assuming there's no Bewear shenanigans, I think James will win this, purely because he's using Maraenie, an Alolan Pokémon, while Jessie is using Wobbuffet, which has been around for so long, and is almost always portrayed as a joke. If Jessie used Mimikyu, I'm pretty sure she would've won.

If it was any other Mimikyu at that level of strength, I'd agree with you, but Jessie's Mimikyu really only wants to fight Pikachu, its actually smart that Jessie used Wobbuffet otherwise James would win by default by Mimikyu not wanting to battle as seen when Mimikyu only cared about the Pikachu contestants in the battle royal, and went after Ash's Pikachu even after the rounds had finished.

Granted they could just intentionally not show that aspect of Mimikyu for a fight but it would be weird.

fukamaru

My prediction:
Sophocles vs Mina - Mina
Kiawe vs Acerola - Acerola
James vs Jessie - James
Gladion vs Lillie - Gladion

Top8:
Guzma vs James - Guzma
Lana vs Gladion - Gladion
Ash vs Hau - Ash
Acerola vs Mina - Mina

Top 4:
Ash vs Guzma - Guzma
Gladion vs Mina - Mina
Top 2:
Guzma vs Mina - Guzma
Main battle:
Guzma vs Kukui - Kukui

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
My prediction:
Sophocles vs Mina - Mina
Kiawe vs Acerola - Acerola
James vs Jessie - James
Gladion vs Lillie - Gladion

Top8:
Guzma vs James - Guzma
Lana vs Gladion - Gladion
Ash vs Hau - Ash
Acerola vs Mina - Mina

Top 4:
Ash vs Guzma - Guzma
Gladion vs Mina - Mina
Top 2:
Guzma vs Mina - Guzma
Main battle:
Guzma vs Kukui - Kukui

No, no way Ash won't battle Gladion and no way Mina beats Gladion. Top 4 would be Ash vs Gladion, Guzma vs Mina
and Finale is Ash vs Guzma. Main battle can go either way.Al though I wouldn't mind Gladion beating Ash...

Also, since it's Wobbuffet vs Mareanie, it can go either way, if it was Mimikyu. Mimikyu would've won, tbh.

No, no way Ash won't battle Gladion and no way Mina beats Gladion. Top 4 would be Ash vs Gladion, Guzma vs Mina
and Finale is Ash vs Guzma. Main battle can go either way.Al though I wouldn't mind Gladion beating Ash...

Also, since it's Wobbuffet vs Mareanie, it can go either way, if it was Mimikyu. Mimikyu would've won, tbh.
Yeah, that prediction is extremely unlikely.

wellwellwells

Or maybe he's annoyed at the fact that he has to face the most pathetic trainer in the whole knockout, who also so happens to be his sister.

No, it is something Lillie did as @Sham said. You can see in the preview that whatever his distress is about is happening behind him, whereas the Lusamine footage is being shown in the main screen at the middle of the battlefield.
Probably Shiron manages to knock Umbreon back against the bush (I am still sure she will lose tho).

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
If I had to guess, Marowak will probably beat Gengar by using Flare Blitz or Shadow Bone after being absorbed, essentially damaging it from the inside-out.

Lusamine being a total mom is cute. Embarrassing parents is a thing a lot of us suffered through as kids.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
As much as I want Acerola or Mina to win, I get the uncomfortable feeling BOTH Ash-tachii boys will advance...

Though is Lillie vs Gladion happening here, or are they saving it for next episode to give it some more action?

Just please tell me it won't be like last episode where the main fight got so much focus the rest of short and feel like something out of BW...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Just please tell me it won't be like last episode where the main fight got so much focus the rest of short and feel like something out of BW...

Well that'd be fitting for the Gladion one...
Shiron doesn't deserve to get in a single hit

nuzamaki90

Even though I think Kiawe and Acerola looks pretty even, and I’m rooting for Acerola, while also thinking Sophocles stands no chance against Mina, I have a shaking suspicion that the boys will win and go at it in the Top 8

Also James is definitely winning this. That little scene with him and Mareanie in the preview means they are going to have a moment that leads to victory.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
As much as I want Acerola or Mina to win, I get the uncomfortable feeling BOTH Ash-tachii boys will advance...

Though is Lillie vs Gladion happening here, or are they saving it for next episode to give it some more action?

I have a feeling Soph will get knocked out but Kiawe will pass to defeat his true nemesis (Lana). They already took out the main non-battler, Soph is the next logical target.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Even though I think Kiawe and Acerola looks pretty even, and I’m rooting for Acerola, while also thinking Sophocles stands no chance against Mina, I have a shaking suspicion that the boys will win and go at it in the Top 8

Also James is definitely winning this. That little scene with him and Mareanie in the preview means they are going to have a moment that leads to victory.

Kiawe pretty much needs to.
They've got to do something with that Charizard of his

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I liked that they barely showed Lillie’s battle with Gladion. He does seem ticked off for some reason. With how little footage we’re getting, it shows that their battle will be the most impactful. I also think that Jessie and James’ battle won’t last that long or seem like much.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
And the flyinium-z.

Ash vs Hau
Lana vs Kiawe
Gladion vs TR
Guzma vs Soph
This should be the matchups hopefully.
I'd have it almost the same, except swap Soph with Mina, and make it Gladion v Mina and Guzma vs TR.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
I liked that they barely showed Lillie’s battle with Gladion. He does seem ticked off for some reason.I

Actually, I think that's him being annoyed at Lusamine cheering them one on the big screens.

For all we know (as previously indicated in my earlier post), their battle might not happen this episode and may happen in the next one.

Though Lille doesn't stand a snowball's chance. Yes, I get they're going for sibling vs. sibling drama, but she has EVERYTHING going against her...
(This may not be the Worst League, but boy is it a mess :confused:)

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
It's a pity both Lana and Mallow can't proceed, because Kiawe needs to finally beat Lana, and Mallow hasn't beaten the snot out of Team Rocket in a good long while...

Crazy prediction: Due to Lana and Mallow, and Jessie and James both fighting to a draw, they all proceed to the next phase to pad out the League even longer so it's "better than previous leagues since it showed more battles"

:p

Red and Blue

Actually, I think that's him being annoyed at Lusamine cheering them one on the big screens.

For all we know (as previously indicated in my earlier post), their battle might not happen this episode and may happen in the next one.

Though Lille doesn't stand a snowball's chance. Yes, I get they're going for sibling vs. sibling drama, but she has EVERYTHING going against her...
(This may not be the Worst League, but boy is it a mess :confused:)
Next episode is dealing with Ash and Rowlet mastering Featherdance. They can squeeze in a few minutes dedicated for Lillie vs. Gladion at the end

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.