1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

July 21st: SM131 - Musashi VS Kojiro! A Battlefield of Love and Truth!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeogran

Xeogran Hajimemashite.

Any comments on Kiawe vs Acerola? It looks so even. Albeit I'm starting to feel like Kiawe will overcome that Gengar.

Nice to know it's also the same one from Acerola's debut episode. A tough cookie for sure.

Kawaii Emolga and wolf jani like this.
  2. TheKnightsFury

TheKnightsFury TheKnightsFury

Jessie wins. I’d expect the next round to be 2v2 and James only has 1 Pokémon where Jessie has 2. If it’s all 1v1 battles I’ll be angry.

3. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

If it was any other Mimikyu at that level of strength, I'd agree with you, but Jessie's Mimikyu really only wants to fight Pikachu, its actually smart that Jessie used Wobbuffet otherwise James would win by default by Mimikyu not wanting to battle as seen when Mimikyu only cared about the Pikachu contestants in the battle royal, and went after Ash's Pikachu even after the rounds had finished.

Granted they could just intentionally not show that aspect of Mimikyu for a fight but it would be weird.

4. fukamaru

fukamaru Well-Known Member

My prediction:
    Sophocles vs Mina - Mina
    Kiawe vs Acerola - Acerola
    James vs Jessie - James
    Gladion vs Lillie - Gladion

Top8:
    Guzma vs James - Guzma
    Lana vs Gladion - Gladion
    Ash vs Hau - Ash
    Acerola vs Mina - Mina

Top 4:
    Ash vs Guzma - Guzma
    Gladion vs Mina - Mina
    Top 2:
    Guzma vs Mina - Guzma
    Main battle:
    Guzma vs Kukui - Kukui

wolf jani likes this.
  5. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

No, no way Ash won't battle Gladion and no way Mina beats Gladion. Top 4 would be Ash vs Gladion, Guzma vs Mina
    and Finale is Ash vs Guzma. Main battle can go either way.Al though I wouldn't mind Gladion beating Ash...

Also, since it's Wobbuffet vs Mareanie, it can go either way, if it was Mimikyu. Mimikyu would've won, tbh.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  6. GarchompChain

GarchompChain Well-Known Member

Yeah, that prediction is extremely unlikely.

CMButch likes this.
  7. British Soul

British Soul Top Hat Regulator

Yeah, Wobbuffet vs Mareanie can certainly go either way, so it'll be neat to see what strategies are employed, and who'll come out on top. Again, I'd like to see James win this one.

8. wellwellwells

wellwellwells Well-Known Member

No, it is something Lillie did as @Sham said. You can see in the preview that whatever his distress is about is happening behind him, whereas the Lusamine footage is being shown in the main screen at the middle of the battlefield.
    Probably Shiron manages to knock Umbreon back against the bush (I am still sure she will lose tho).

Kawaii Emolga, Pokegirl Fan~ and Sham like this.
  9. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

If I had to guess, Marowak will probably beat Gengar by using Flare Blitz or Shadow Bone after being absorbed, essentially damaging it from the inside-out.

Lusamine being a total mom is cute. Embarrassing parents is a thing a lot of us suffered through as kids.

10. Jangobadass

Jangobadass The Coolest Character int he Worst Series

As much as I want Acerola or Mina to win, I get the uncomfortable feeling BOTH Ash-tachii boys will advance...

Though is Lillie vs Gladion happening here, or are they saving it for next episode to give it some more action?

Just please tell me it won't be like last episode where the main fight got so much focus the rest of short and feel like something out of BW...

11. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Well that'd be fitting for the Gladion one...
    Shiron doesn't deserve to get in a single hit

Twilight-Kun and mehmeh1 like this.
  12. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

Even though I think Kiawe and Acerola looks pretty even, and I’m rooting for Acerola, while also thinking Sophocles stands no chance against Mina, I have a shaking suspicion that the boys will win and go at it in the Top 8

Also James is definitely winning this. That little scene with him and Mareanie in the preview means they are going to have a moment that leads to victory.

13. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper of the Gates Ambitious

I have a feeling Soph will get knocked out but Kiawe will pass to defeat his true nemesis (Lana). They already took out the main non-battler, Soph is the next logical target.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  14. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Kiawe pretty much needs to.
    They've got to do something with that Charizard of his

Kawaii Emolga, nuzamaki90 and mehmeh1 like this.
  15. satopi

satopi SM Ash is best Ash! All hail Champion Ash!

I liked that they barely showed Lillie’s battle with Gladion. He does seem ticked off for some reason. With how little footage we’re getting, it shows that their battle will be the most impactful. I also think that Jessie and James’ battle won’t last that long or seem like much.

16. Decidueye23

Decidueye23 Well-Known Member

And the flyinium-z.

Ash vs Hau
    Lana vs Kiawe
    Gladion vs TR
    Guzma vs Soph
    This should be the matchups hopefully.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  17. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper of the Gates Ambitious

I'd have it almost the same, except swap Soph with Mina, and make it Gladion v Mina and Guzma vs TR.

Kawaii Emolga and Decidueye23 like this.
  18. Jangobadass

Jangobadass The Coolest Character int he Worst Series

Actually, I think that's him being annoyed at Lusamine cheering them one on the big screens.

For all we know (as previously indicated in my earlier post), their battle might not happen this episode and may happen in the next one.

Though Lille doesn't stand a snowball's chance. Yes, I get they're going for sibling vs. sibling drama, but she has EVERYTHING going against her...
    (This may not be the Worst League, but boy is it a mess :confused:)

mehmeh1 and Twilight-Kun like this.
  19. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

It's a pity both Lana and Mallow can't proceed, because Kiawe needs to finally beat Lana, and Mallow hasn't beaten the snot out of Team Rocket in a good long while...

Crazy prediction: Due to Lana and Mallow, and Jessie and James both fighting to a draw, they all proceed to the next phase to pad out the League even longer so it's "better than previous leagues since it showed more battles"

:p

20. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Next episode is dealing with Ash and Rowlet mastering Featherdance. They can squeeze in a few minutes dedicated for Lillie vs. Gladion at the end

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.