1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

July 21st: SM131 - Musashi VS Kojiro! A Battlefield of Love and Truth!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AznKei

AznKei Rabi-Ribi's Cocoa is cute! ^_^

Give him more spotlights, including battles, and he will shine, just like many companions/classmates that were mishandled thanks to Ash. To me, there's nothing to cheer at Ash, when we were aware of his outcomes many times before, despite his "experiences".

2. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

Not really?

James is usually shown caring for his pokemon while the most Ash does is battle, train, and feed them

The TRio's goodbyes to their pokemon are far more emotional than Ash just dropping his off at Oak's

3. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

I dunno about that. James very clearly cares for his Pokémon just as much as Ash does for his, if not more. And on the rate occasion that the plot doesn't demand that he lose, he tends to do really well for himself. I always got the feeling that James would make a pretty formidable Trainer if he quit Team Rocket. I'll try and make a more detailed and thought-out post on this subject when I get home tonight.

Twilight-Kun and wolf jani like this.
  4. Thumbs2

Thumbs2 Well-Known Member

To be fair, we also usually know TR's Pokemon for way longer than we do Ash's. No tears were shed when Lickitung got traded, that's for sure.

5. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

You are seriously implying Ash doesnt care for his Pokemon?

6. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

I think both Ash and James are pretty easy to empathise with at this point since they're both the butt monkeys of their team and love their Pokemon despite the pain they give them, intentionally or not. They're both stuck in a tautological loop with their futile goal with the plot seemingly set on making them 'losers' but they try to keep their spirits high and care if their team get stuck in the same luckless cycle (Ash and James have both tried releasing even their signature Pokemon if they think there's a better fate for them, compare Pikachu's Goodbye to Facing The Grand Design).

It's a shame the two don't really get a lot of depthful interaction all things considered.

7. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris Professional Scholar with a Sword

Implying Ash doesn't care, when he does just as much (except less of a drama queen than James).

Trey pokes and Lightning Bolt like this.
  8. Sham

Sham So proud of you

Sooo... is Vulpix beating Umbreon?

9. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ "Christina"

It would be great if it does.

Sham likes this.
  10. Red and Blue

You'll find out first thing tomorrow morning

mehmeh1 likes this.
  11. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

Well, more like last thing, it's the final match of the episode. That reminds me that we'll most likely know the other top 8 matches by the end of the episode

lemoncatpower and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  12. Twilight-Kun

I didn't see any long, drawn-out goodbyes when he returned his pokémon to Oak before going to the Alola region, so yes

Seriously, go watch the first episode of SM

I'll wait :p

13. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

In fairness we didn't with James and Inkay either. And the series before he nonchalantly GAVE HIS POKEMON AWAY.

14. Twilight-Kun

Given the line about how their pokémon would hate it at HQ, and the existence of Mimikyu, Mareanie, and Bewear in the Galar region makes me hope they'll keep their pokémon this time and start battling with two or more pokémon

Especially if they get Impidimp

15. DragonKahuna

DragonKahuna Well-Known Member

I really hope so. I don't want any more releases. I am also really hoping that Mareanie evolves here.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  16. Red and Blue

Second preview didn't show much aside from Rowlet arguing with a Wingull and Wobbuffet repelling Mareanie's attack

17. Zariful

Zariful Well-Known Member

Do you think the Wingull belongs to anyone like Hau?

18. Kawaii Emolga

Kawaii Emolga The cutest EVER!!!!

I miss when the second previews actually showed things :/
    Like the second preview for the episode 60 showed Shiron using Aurora Veil.

mehmeh1 and Red and Blue like this.
  19. Red and Blue

Maybe. Would be an easy win for Pikachu

Though it's probably just a random, wild one

20. togenaught18

togenaught18 Well-Known Member

And that's bad, because if they even have time to show a random wingull with rowlet scene, i wonder how rushed will be the other battles. At leats i hope Vulpix vs Umbreon isn't only one hit move to KO like meltan lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.