1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

July 21st: SM131 - Musashi VS Kojiro! A Battlefield of Love and Truth!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

Accelerock

wolf jani likes this.
  2. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Isn't Accelerock Lycanroc's evo move? It learns it automatically upon evolution.

wolf jani likes this.
  3. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

I think it's that SM has made battling a much more minor factor in a large pot of exercises so Ash pretty much only being good at that sticks out more. You can also kind of feel bad in how they exaggerate his one hit wonder talent compared to everyone else, while he floundered to a comical bad level in most of the others' niches, even the students that barely battled at all seem to be passing through his element with some level of dignity. (Though I did notice they slipped in a couple quick role reversals before this arc where Ash did well at something else and one of the other students took the 'failed miserably' role, almost like even the writers noticed and felt sorry for him).

Yeah I kinda counted that as such as well. At the very least Ash's entire new move pool wasn't offscreen like Sophocles', or DEM invoked like Mallow's.

Kawaii Emolga and wolf jani like this.
  4. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

These characters traits came from Pokémon XY and they are expanding on those character traits

wolf jani likes this.
  5. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "WOOO! Who needs medicine?!"

How dare you use non-Kanto continuity.

6. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

The only way I can see him in a battle is if James and Mareani beat Jessie and Mimikyu and the Top 8 are 2 vs 2 matches. Meowth would join James, but if Jessie wins, she can just use Wobbuffet.

MockingJ likes this.
  7. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

Boy, it's gonna suck when it's revealed matches are 2v2 and TRio has to forfeit because they can't use Meowth and Wobbuffet in battle because who'd sell donuts

Love vs Truth is actually Lillie vs Gladion instead

Kawaii Emolga, Thumbs2 and wolf jani like this.
  8. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Pokemon Fan has leaked:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    TheWanderingMist and wolf jani like this.
  9. lolipiece

lolipiece Ya did good, Twerp. Staff Member Moderator

Pokemon Fan shows Jessie has it, so that's out for both of them. (Though the screencap where she's wearing it might be from before the battle. Who knows.)

I guess she could learn a Status move, since those can't be reflected with what Wobbuffet has. I'd suggest evolving to learn Baneful Bunker, but that requires the user to be attacked in order to work.

Or maybe she could learn Toxic and utilize Merciless? (Or just have Poison Sting do it).

10. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

At least Musashi is using Sonansu, which was pretty much what I wanted to happen in the first place. This means that Kojirou will have to find a way to get past Counter and Mirror Coat, but at the same time it comes with the downside of the battle becoming too predictable since Sonansu can only stall.

11. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

Midday Lycanroc, not Dusk Lycanroc. Dusk Lycanroc's Evo move is Thrash.

Also, Wobbuffet? Interesting. Then again, I kinda saw this coming, since Mimikyu ain't interested if the opponent is anyone other than Pikachu. Mareanie's definitely getting either a new move or an evolution here, I think.

Kawaii Emolga, MockingJ and wolf jani like this.
  12. JC317

JC317 Well-Known Member

Of course... Acerola's Gengar gets to activate Cursed Body, while Kiawe's Alola Marowak gets Rock Head instead of Cursed Body (At least it's not Lightning Rod)

Nice job, Kiawe. Sending out your one Pokemon that's weak against Ghost types, while facing an opponent that you've met before and thus know that she exclusively has Ghost type Pokemon

13. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

The main characters tend to get shafted when it comes to abilities, the writers almost always pick the weakest one available, if the ability is even acknowledged at all. I think the only main character-owned Pokemon with a good ability was Greninja, and during XYZ Battle Bond wasn't even recognized as an ability.

Look at Mallow's Tsareena. Her ability is Leaf Guard. That sure looks useful against Primarina.

14. JC317

JC317 Well-Known Member

Lillie vs Gladion would be so much more interesting if Snowy has Snow Warning instead of Snow Cloak...

wolf jani likes this.
  15. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

It's clearly from before the battle.
    And of course the screencap FROM the battle has her holding her arm outside the picture so we can't see if she's wearing it or not. Of course.

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  16. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Glad to see Wobbuffet fighting
    Hopefully James wins, he deserves to place higher than Lillie

Twilight-Kun likes this.
  17. TheScentedApple

TheScentedApple Well-Known Member

I think maybe no Z-Moves will be used by Jessie or James, unless Jessie somehow got the psychium or fightinium there’s no Z- Moves but maybe James has it, I can’t really see how he gets it off them. And when it states the outcome of the battle is already decided, I assume that means Jessie tells James to lose but I doubt James will go down without a fight

18. Decidueye23

Decidueye23 Well-Known Member

James should win. Maraeni should evolve here. it would be cool. seeing its trainer in desperation since it loves james so much should do the trick.

19. Zariful

Zariful Well-Known Member

You know if Acelora actually has the Ghost Z, Kiawe might be doomed. Unless his plot armor is that strong.

20. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Boy, I can't wait 'til Lillie wins.

Pokegirl Fan~ and wolf jani like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.