• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 21st: SM131 - Musashi VS Kojiro! A Battlefield of Love and Truth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
I'm now imagining Bewear representing James in the quarterfinals and pitying his opponent.

DatsRight

If James does win I wonder if he will try and talk Meowth into fighting in the quarter finals(if it isn't another 1 vs. 1)

I wouldn't mind Meowth getting SOME payoff this series, since he's battled more frequently and got multiple beatings for it. Of course it would be even more glaring than Mallow and Lana if Meowth suddenly put up a competent fight in the league.

D

Deleted member 384931

Those battles cannot be long, because there are more than 4 battles in this episode alone.

Red and Blue

If they were just going to drag TR away they should have just had them lose to the other trainers. The fact that one of them will advance makes it hard to believe that's happening.

Whats more is that TR have always stuck around for the leagues. I doubt they would just hang back on Melemele until it finishes

ShadowForce720

Those battles cannot be long, because there are more than 4 battles in this episode alone.

What are you talking about? There isn't more than 4 battles in this episode as there is exactly four battles the episode which break down like this:

1.Sophocles vs Mina
2.Jessie vs James
3.Kiawe vs Acerola
4.Lillie vs Gladion

So I'm not sure where your getting that there will be more then 4 battles in this episode.

Last edited:

Shotgunrain

I’m just wondering that if Bewear really takes them away, how will the league proceed from there? There will only be 7 competitors left and there’s no way further knockout rounds can occur. I’m hoping for a similar situation as the Thrifty Megamart trial, where they convinced Bewear to let them finish the battle first. Maybe Bewear will just allow the winner to stay and then take the rest away.

D

Deleted member 384931

What are you talking about? There isn't more than 4 battles in this episode as there is exactly four battles the episode which break down like this:

1.Sophocles vs Mina
2.Jessie vs James
3.Kiawe vs Acerola
4.Lillie vs Hau

So I'm not sure where your getting that there will be more then 4 battles in this episode.

I meant that there is not much screentime for each battle.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Shotgunrain said:
I’m just wondering that if Bewear really takes them away, how will the league proceed from there? There will only be 7 competitors left and there’s no way further knockout rounds can occur. I’m hoping for a similar situation as the Thrifty Megamart trial, where they convinced Bewear to let them finish the battle first. Maybe Bewear will just allow the winner to stay and then take the rest away.

The fact that the tournament's next round would have an odd number of competitors is exactly why I wouldn't want Kiteruguma to intervene in the match. It would also make the match between Musashi and Kojirou feel really pointless if there's no conclusion.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
I think Mareanie will evolve but Wobbuffet will still win, because I feel there's no way they wouldn't use Mimikyu in a 1v1 in the league, especially with Acerola using Gengar, making me believe that even more strongly.

I am SO excited to see Wobbuffet battle again though. I hope we will see some love again between Jessie and Wobbuffet, as TR has pretty much ignored him all throughout the SM series. He's always there, but never acknowledged.

ShadowForce720

I think Mareanie will evolve but Wobbuffet will still win, because I feel there's no way they wouldn't use Mimikyu in a 1v1 in the league, especially with Acerola using Gengar, making me believe that even more strongly.

I am SO excited to see Wobbuffet battle again though. I hope we will see some love again between Jessie and Wobbuffet, as TR has pretty much ignored him all throughout the SM series. He's always there, but never acknowledged.

If your talking about for a Mimikyu vs Mimikyu showdown I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't happen at all, heck that's probably not even likely, because while it might seem like a cool idea you have to keep in mind that a battle between the two Mimikyu wouldn't really work, as Acerola's Mimikyu is actually a ghost of a Mimikyu(and yes I know that sounds weird), but basically from what we've seen from it's battle with Gengar is that Acerola's Mimikyu can't actually do any damage to a opposing pokemon even when it wants to, and probably can't be damaged either.

Basically Acerola's Mimikyu is just there to cheer Acerola on, and isn't actually going to battle, so just Acerola not using her Mimikyu can't really and shouldn't be used as evidence or a hint to suggest that Acerola and Jessie will win there respective matches.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Honestly speaking, Wobbufet has been reduced to nothing more than a mere trivial/useless presence in the SM series who literally almost feels non-existent. I mean the fact it does basically does next to nothing makes it very easy to forget that Wobbufet even exists. Honestly what is the point of even keeping Wobbufet in the first place when it's basically gonna do nothing? They could better just go the BW way and do away with Wobbufet rather than keeping it and having it do nothing.

TBH the XY series did far more justice to Wobbufet, especially the early XY part, when Wobbufet was used several times, which made its present felt after it was absent in the previous saga. It also got a focus episode in mid XY where it was almost released, and then in the TF arc it was useful as it helped beating some grunts. SM series has basically no excuse for giving Wobbufet so much shaft despite the Jessie and James only having freaking 1 Pokemon each.

Anyway, regarding this episode, I'm way more interested to see how Ilima vs Guzma will go, especially with Mega Evolution involved, compared to Jessie vs James.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
If your talking about for a Mimikyu vs Mimikyu showdown I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't happen at all, heck that's probably not even likely, because while it might seem like a cool idea you have to keep in mind that a battle between the two Mimikyu wouldn't really work, as Acerola's Mimikyu is actually a ghost of a Mimikyu(and yes I know that sounds weird), but basically from what we've seen from it's battle with Gengar is that Acerola's Mimikyu can't actually do any damage to a opposing pokemon even when it wants to, and probably can't be damaged either.

Basically Acerola's Mimikyu is just there to cheer Acerola on, and isn't actually going to battle, so just Acerola not using her Mimikyu can't really and shouldn't be used as evidence or a hint to suggest that Acerola and Jessie will win there respective matches.

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I didn't mean a Mimikyu vs. Mimikyu battle, but just Mimikyu being used in a 1v1 in general. I feel it's been built up to be such a strong Pokemon it'd be a waste to not see how it'd fare in a proper league battle. Then again, it got its episode with the trial, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.