• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 21st: SM131 - Musashi VS Kojiro! A Battlefield of Love and Truth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

Wobbuffet can be pretty damn OP though, when the writers care enough that is... it's an on-off thing

It sure was interesting when both TRio members had more than one battle Pokemon though... now that they only have one a piece, it actually does feel repetitive when they attack. Especially when it came to Inkay, who never changed or gained new moves :/
If Mareanie really does evolve here, I think that's basically proof enough that the TRio Pokemon are staying for Galar. Mimikyu's popular, and they don't seem to be making effort at giving closure to it's Pikachu hatred... it'd be better if they stayed, so so much better....
I'm still baffled as to why Gourgeist and Inkay couldn't stay, their species literally live in Alola. And the two could have benefited greatly from staying, especially Inkay. Darknium for James would have made a heck of a lot more sense then... come to think of it, James needs to win so we can see him pull off the Dark z-move on the next round. Poor guy's barely gotten to use it compared to Jessie

You can only get Pumpkaboo line via Pokebank transfer and Inkay was only a thing in USUM nativly. In SUMO, you needed to transfer it.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Meh, Bewear will probably snatch them up before the battle ends, TR aren't allowed to do anything proper anymore.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Emelie said:
I think I would prefer if Musashi and Mimikyu won. It would be better character development which Mimikyu unfortunately has very little of. I think it would be cool if Acerola and her nice Mimikyu were the ones that beat Musashi's Mimikyu. It would probably affect Mimikyu more than being beaten by Mareanie even if the idea of love conquering hate sounds lovely.

I don't necessarily prefer Musashi over Kojirou as a character myself, but I do think that she probably has a higher chance to win since she seems like a stronger battler than Kojirou from what we've seen in the past. Then again Kojirou is a better strategist compared to her since he's more knowledgeable, so I'm not 100% sure what to expect.

Emelie

Bookworm
I don't necessarily prefer Musashi over Kojirou as a character

Most fans seem to prefer Kojirou over Musashi. I must admit that I didn't care much for her when I was younger but as an adult she became one of my favorite characters.

I think her sad backstory is great and that she has a lot of relateable qualities such as her inability to find a job even if she tried really hard. The scene when she ate Misty's horrible cooking in the Johto series and unironically thought it was good because she used to live in poverty is really sad once you understand her backstory. I think she is the only one who has a good reason to still be a member of Team Rocket.

Kojirou kind of lost his reason to be with Team Rocket after he resolved his conflict with his family in the DP series. Although I think he was funnier than Musashi but only in the OS series (they both became stale after OS).

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Meh, Bewear will probably snatch them up before the battle ends, TR aren't allowed to do anything proper anymore.
Even though I assume this is going to happen, it’d leave open a slot and unless they give someone a free pass I don’t know how they’d handle that situation.

Let’s all just root for James!

Oh and Gladion VS Lillie is actually happening here, which I find so strange. You would think they’d hype up their destined clash, but guess not.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Even though I assume this is going to happen, it’d leave open a slot and unless they give someone a free pass I don’t know how they’d handle that situation.

Let’s all just root for James!

Oh and Gladion VS Lillie is actually happening here, which I find so strange. You would think they’d hype up their destined clash, but guess not.

One of the matches might end in a draw (Lana vs Mallow, Sophocles vs Mina, Kiawe vs Acerola or Lille vs Gladion) and as both Jessie and James are thrown out both of the draw progress.

I would hate it personally but it seems like an option.

Zariful

One of the matches might end in a draw (Lana vs Mallow, Sophocles vs Mina, Kiawe vs Acerola or Lille vs Gladion) and as both Jessie and James are thrown out both of the draw progress.

I would hate it personally but it seems like an option.
Honestly they worked hard and legally entered the league. Let them stay and get defeated. Then they can head out

Red and Blue

Think Gladion will use Silvally against Lillie? She wouldn't stand much of a chance but she might not want her brother to go easy on her

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Think Gladion will use Silvally against Lillie? She wouldn't stand much of a chance but she might not want her brother to go easy on her

My top pick is Umbreon or Zoroark. Does A-Vulpix learn any fairy moves?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Honestly they worked hard and legally entered the league. Let them stay and get defeated. Then they can head out

Does it really matter in the long term though? We know their less likely to win than Ash is, and plus if one did win that would basically mean they are the dominant member of the pair, if Bewear was to jump in and stop the match, then nothing is broken.

I suppose though due to having Mimikyu Jessie has more incentive to win, but only if she faces off with Acerola, or Ash and Pikachu yet again, and I know already people would rather not see those outcomes since it means Kiawe gets shafted, and we have to sit through Pikachu vs Mimikyu round infinity.

Zariful

Does it really matter in the long term though? We know their less likely to win than Ash is, and plus if one did win that would basically mean they are the dominant member of the pair, if Bewear was to jump in and stop the match, then nothing is broken.

I suppose though due to having Mimikyu Jessie has more incentive to win, but only if she faces off with Acerola, or Ash and Pikachu yet again, and I know already people would rather not see those outcomes since it means Kiawe gets shafted, and we have to sit through Pikachu vs Mimikyu round infinity.
I just feel like them drawing makes things more complicated then it needs to be.

ShadowForce720

No I wouldn't say that, because if Bewear jumps in like that, then in away of sabotaging Kukui's league, because literally interrupting a match and taking the two competitors away. Plus it would make the whole point of them building the hot spring for Bewear and having a back up plan completely pointless, and given Bewear's personality and it's probably more likely that if it does show up, it's just going to watch the league and then take Team Rocket away once they both lose there matches.

DatsRight

Well, this is the same season TR almost defeated Ash if it wasn't for Bewear

And then got one shotted by a newborn two episodes later. Seriously that only brings poor Ash down as well.

But hey the companions who barely even battled are somehow trouncing the league just as well as him, may as well take even battling off of him. :p

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
And then got one shotted by a newborn two episodes later. Seriously that only brings poor Ash down as well.

But hey the companions who barely even battled are somehow trouncing the league just as well as him, may as well take even battling off of him. :p
the worst thing is that mallow's fight was off-screen, at least either mallow or lana is losing next week, and lillie is definitely losing, I want soph to lose too, but he's more dubious

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
No I wouldn't say that, because if Bewear jumps in like that, then in away of sabotaging Kukui's league, because literally interrupting a match and taking the two competitors away. Plus it would make the whole point of them building the hot spring for Bewear and having a back up plan completely pointless, and given Bewear's personality and it's probably more likely that if it does show up, it's just going to watch the league and then take Team Rocket away once they both lose there matches.

How is it sabotage if a wild pokemon runs in, grabs them and leaves? That's different than what Team Skull wants to do.

besides they have tried to distract Bewear before and it didn't work, heck it tracked them down in Kanto and dragged them back to Alola for crying out loud.

DatsRight

the worst thing is that mallow's fight was off-screen, at least either mallow or lana is losing next week, and lillie is definitely losing, I want soph to lose too, but he's more dubious

I'm almost betting they'll find some way out of having a definite on screen defeat. They really seem to be going out of their way to make sure none of the girls take even a token beating this series. Sophocles at least had the odd KO or struggle, he earned one solid victory on screen, I can buy he'll meet his realistic experience point, but you know, overweight boy vs cutesy female, who are they gonna want to cushion the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.