• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 21st: SM131 - Musashi VS Kojiro! A Battlefield of Love and Truth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
How is it sabotage if a wild pokemon runs in, grabs them and leaves? That's different than what Team Skull wants to do.

besides they have tried to distract Bewear before and it didn't work, heck it tracked them down in Kanto and dragged them back to Alola for crying out loud.
Don't forget that bewear still respects honorable faceoffs (sm77), so at least she won't take them until they're both out

ShadowForce720

How is it sabotage if a wild pokemon runs in, grabs them and leaves? That's different than what Team Skull wants to do.

besides they have tried to distract Bewear before and it didn't work, heck it tracked them down in Kanto and dragged them back to Alola for crying out loud.

You literally talking about Bewear coming in and interrupting a league match and taking two competitors out of the league, no matter how you try argue it, that is sabotage. Also last they tried to distract Bewear it worked, because look how long they were able to stay on Ulu Ulu Island because of Bewear being distracted, as if they had create the distraction then they wouldn't have been able to battle Ash the abandon thrifty market because Bewear would have shown up right after they beat Gengar and would have taken them away.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I really don't like the thought of Kiteruguma interrupting the match between Musashi and Kojirou here. I wish that they could just finish their battle since I don't really see the problem with one of them possibly making it to the next round in the first place.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Seeing James not battle in todays episode, has me convinced he is gonna defeat Jessie in this one.

I hope he does, otherwise it'd be very disappointing.
Poor Mareanie barely gets enough focus as it is, and I'd love to see her get to use Darknium once more.

Vipsoccermaster

Even if Bewear were to take out both Jessie and James out of the competition after the latter two battle, that would give one of the seven remaining competitors a free round without any effort, which doesn't sound fair to everyone else. So Bewear will most likely take care of Team Rocket after they are through. Or make them go back to business in their food truck.

dman_dustin

I'm almost betting they'll find some way out of having a definite on screen defeat. They really seem to be going out of their way to make sure none of the girls take even a token beating this series. Sophocles at least had the odd KO or struggle, he earned one solid victory on screen, I can buy he'll meet his realistic experience point, but you know, overweight boy vs cutesy female, who are they gonna want to cushion the most?

I don't know why it matters.

I mean it might as well be Sophocles, simply because its unlikely the winner is going to make the semi finals (losing in the quarter finals) and I cannot imagine what purpose Mina would serve in the Quarterfinals. It's either going to be Kiawe, Team Rocket, or Gladion.

Mina would work well against Gladion (Fairy vs Dark (Zoroark or Umbreon)

But it could be Sophocles going up against Kiawe or even Team Rocket.

Unless they throw us a loop and make Guzma battle Team Rocket for example.

It's really hard to know what they have planned.

Presumably you'd have Ash, Gladion, Guzma, (Maybe Team Rocket) or even Kiawn in the semi finals but who knows, like I said its hard to know how they want to take this.

The match ups in context with a league, are weird.

Ash's battles are really the only ones that will make sense, everything else feels like a random mess where someone is going to have to obliterate a trainer and not get satisfied, but they decided one of the Team Rocket members is going to make it to the quarter finals, and its hard to know against who.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Red and Blue said:
Y'know at first I thought Sophocles could beat her. But then I figured Ribombee could use its size and speed to its advantage and take out Vikavolt with Twinke Tackle.

I suppose that if we were judging Kuwagannon and Aburibbon purely by game stats, then the latter would be faster. However the anime doesn't always follow the games, so I wouldn't count Maamane's Kuwagannon out yet. In any case, it doesn't really matter that much to me who wins since I'm not that fond of either character.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I suppose that if we were judging Kuwagannon and Aburibbon purely by game stats, then the latter would be faster. However the anime doesn't always follow the games, so I wouldn't count Maamane's Kuwagannon out yet. In any case, it doesn't really matter that much to me who wins since I'm not that fond of either character.
Vikavolt are canonically very fast and maneuverable pokémon

It's a pity that its game stats fail to reflect that and I'm glad that the anime ignores the games completely in that regard

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
I'm going to make a bold prediction: one of Jessie or James will use Meowth, and Meowth will learn Aerial Ace.

Why is this? It's complicated.

Jessie and James' Japanese names are Musashi and Kojirou. They are named after two legendary swordsmen, Musashi Miyamoto and Kojirou Sasaki. The legend goes that Musashi killed Kojirou on Ganryu Island, a deserted island in the middle of the Kanmon Straits, which a body of water that splits the cities of Shimonoseki and Moji.

Kojirou is famous for a secret sword technique, the "Tsubame Gaeshi", which is the namesake of the Pokemon attack we know as "Aerial Ace". Of the current Team Rocket Pokemon, only Meowth is capable of learning Aerial Ace. There is no better time to milk the first-ever (?) Jessie/James battle without referencing the legendary samurai duel.

James even hinted at this by making puns out of the legend's setting during SM129's PokeProblem (thanks, Lord Starfish):

EuRfSxL.jpg

ywfP3Sx.jpg

"Kanmon Kaikyou, Moji Shimonoseki" are also lyrics from "Roketto-dan Danka", the Team Rocket March that seems to have become their main theme song. I'm betting that will play at some point, too!

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
I think Bewear will only kidnap Jessie and/or James after they have their little showdown here. I'd be pretty effing pissed if she just waltzes in and messes up their battle since it's the main event of this episode.

Kiteruguma taking them away after a winner is determined would be better than her interrupting their match at least, although if that means that whoever wins would be unable to proceed to the next round after being taken away, then it would mean that there'd be an odd number of competitors. I don't like the sound of that, so I hope Kiteruguma just stays away from them in general.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
They already established that they have at least two Anti-Kiteruguma measures. I don't think we'll be seeing her interrupting the League.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Jessie possibly making it to the quarter finals in her first League, in addition to being an established competitor in Contests and Showcases?

She's more of a Pokemon Master than Ash is at this point.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Lord Starfish said:
They already established that they have at least two Anti-Kiteruguma measures. I don't think we'll be seeing her interrupting the League.

But this is Kiteruguma that we're talking about: the thing can do all kinds of logic-defying things, so it wouldn't surprise me if it gets past whatever the Rocket-dan have set up since the trio isn't exactly known for having successful plans and countermeasures, anyway.

ShadowForce720

But this is Kiteruguma that we're talking about: the thing can do all kinds of logic-defying things, so it wouldn't surprise me if it gets past whatever the Rocket-dan have set up since the trio isn't exactly known for having successful plans and countermeasures, anyway.

If that was the case then they would have been taken off of Ula Ula Island within the very first episode they got their Z-Power Ring. Can they keep Bewear away forever? No, of course not, however that being said the two counter measures they have in place could easily keep Bewear away until after they lose the league. So if anything if Bewear does show up at the league it will most likely just sit and watch and then once Jessie and James lose in the league then when there walking off to where no one can see them Bewear will jump them and no one will hear them scream.

Status
Not open for further replies.