• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 21st: SM131 - Musashi VS Kojiro! A Battlefield of Love and Truth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ash is also a clever reconstruction, he's aced battling but the series has had him blunder so miserably at everything else the class does that you want him to just have his moment.

Also neither Ash, Kiawe or TR have had any offscreen buffs.....yet. (I mean, I could easily see Mareanie randomly having a full moveset in this match from how things have been going recently but still. :p)
Accelerock

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

DatsRight

I wouldn’t to say that Ash was reconstructed it’s more of expanding on his clumsiness in Xy. How he explains things is very similar to XY

I think it's that SM has made battling a much more minor factor in a large pot of exercises so Ash pretty much only being good at that sticks out more. You can also kind of feel bad in how they exaggerate his one hit wonder talent compared to everyone else, while he floundered to a comical bad level in most of the others' niches, even the students that barely battled at all seem to be passing through his element with some level of dignity. (Though I did notice they slipped in a couple quick role reversals before this arc where Ash did well at something else and one of the other students took the 'failed miserably' role, almost like even the writers noticed and felt sorry for him).

Isn't Accelerock Lycanroc's evo move? It learns it automatically upon evolution.

Yeah I kinda counted that as such as well. At the very least Ash's entire new move pool wasn't offscreen like Sophocles', or DEM invoked like Mallow's.

p96822

Evolve me please
I think it's that SM has made battling a much more minor factor in a large pot of exercises so Ash pretty much only being good at that sticks out more. You can also kind of feel bad in how they exaggerate his one hit wonder talent compared to everyone else, while he floundered to a comical bad level in most of the others' niches, even the students that barely battled at all seem to be passing through his element with some level of dignity. (Though I did notice they slipped in a couple quick role reversals before this arc where Ash did well at something else and one of the other students took the 'failed miserably' role, almost like even the writers noticed and felt sorry for him).

Yeah I kinda counted that as such as well. At the very least Ash's entire new move pool wasn't offscreen like Sophocles', or DEM invoked like Mallow's.

These characters traits came from Pokémon XY and they are expanding on those character traits

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So i wonder if meowth will be in a battle, but who if he is. Jessie or James?

The only way I can see him in a battle is if James and Mareani beat Jessie and Mimikyu and the Top 8 are 2 vs 2 matches. Meowth would join James, but if Jessie wins, she can just use Wobbuffet.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Pokemon Fan has leaked:

tzGbrMr.jpg

A sneak peak review of match 5 through 8 of the knockout round!
These will air July 21st!

Match 5: KUWAGANNON VS ABURIBBON (Māmane VS Matsurika)
A high speed battle in the air!

The two fight each other as they fly around in the sky. Kuwagannon has a hard fight on its hands as it takes on the faster Aburibbon's attacks!
(Blurb: Kuwagannon has a shot if it can stop Aburibbon from moving!)

Match 6: SONANSU VS HIDOIDE (Musasina VS Dekojiro)
The outcome is given before the match even starts?!

Sonansu keeps returning Hidoide's attacks using its specialties "Mirror Coat" and "Counter". Hidoide is extremely determined, but how can it overcome this opponent?!
(Blurb: The true identities of this suspicious duo is that of a certain twosome! Is the outcome of the match already a given?!)

Match 7: ALOLA GARAGARA VS GANGAR (GREEDY LAPU) (Kaki VS Acerola)
A showdown between Ghost types!

Kaki's Alola Garagara is in deep trouble thanks to the effect of Acerola's Gangar's Ability "Cursed Body"!
(Blurb: Alola Garagara is made unable to move by "Disable", and Gangar makes it so its Bone Club...)

Match 8: ALOLA ROKON VS BLACKY (Lilie VS Gladio)
No holding back! It's Lilie VS Gladio in a sibling showdown!

Gladio has the clear advantage when it comes to pure ability! Will Lilie be able to show her brother the strength she's gained thus far?
(Blurb: Lilie and Snowball unleash a fully powered Z-Move! How far can they push Blacky?)

What are the upcoming highlights of the Alola Pokémon League?
The knockout round has only just begun! Check out the upcoming highlights and the giveaway campaign where you can win extravagant prizes!!
SKULL GANG BOSS GUZMA'S BATTLES!
Professor Kukui's former friend Guzma has been training. He's aiming to win the league in order to prove his prowess!
WHEN WILL IT BE PIKACHU AND THE OTHERS' TURN?!
Satoshi has other reliable partners in addition to Meltan. You should have high hopes for the roles they'll play in their upcoming matches!
THE ALOLA LEAGUE OUTCOME PREDICTION CAMPAIGN IS CURRENTLY UNDERWAY!
Believe it or not, you can win a trip to Hawaii!

By predicting the winners in the Alola Pokémon League, you get the chance to get extravagant prizes! Check out the question asked at the end of each anime episode!
Watch the anime and get extravagant prizes!

Satoshi: Please watch our battles!

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
100% sure Mareanie will evolve here. Even with Black Hole Eclipse, I don't think she's strong enough to break through Wobbuffet.

Pokemon Fan shows Jessie has it, so that's out for both of them. (Though the screencap where she's wearing it might be from before the battle. Who knows.)

I guess she could learn a Status move, since those can't be reflected with what Wobbuffet has. I'd suggest evolving to learn Baneful Bunker, but that requires the user to be attacked in order to work.

Or maybe she could learn Toxic and utilize Merciless? (Or just have Poison Sting do it).

Leonhart

Imagineer
At least Musashi is using Sonansu, which was pretty much what I wanted to happen in the first place. This means that Kojirou will have to find a way to get past Counter and Mirror Coat, but at the same time it comes with the downside of the battle becoming too predictable since Sonansu can only stall.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Isn't Accelerock Lycanroc's evo move? It learns it automatically upon evolution.
Midday Lycanroc, not Dusk Lycanroc. Dusk Lycanroc's Evo move is Thrash.

Also, Wobbuffet? Interesting. Then again, I kinda saw this coming, since Mimikyu ain't interested if the opponent is anyone other than Pikachu. Mareanie's definitely getting either a new move or an evolution here, I think.

JC317

Of course... Acerola's Gengar gets to activate Cursed Body, while Kiawe's Alola Marowak gets Rock Head instead of Cursed Body (At least it's not Lightning Rod)

Nice job, Kiawe. Sending out your one Pokemon that's weak against Ghost types, while facing an opponent that you've met before and thus know that she exclusively has Ghost type Pokemon

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
The main characters tend to get shafted when it comes to abilities, the writers almost always pick the weakest one available, if the ability is even acknowledged at all. I think the only main character-owned Pokemon with a good ability was Greninja, and during XYZ Battle Bond wasn't even recognized as an ability.

Look at Mallow's Tsareena. Her ability is Leaf Guard. That sure looks useful against Primarina.

JC317

The main characters tend to get shafted when it comes to abilities, the writers almost always pick the weakest one available, if the ability is even acknowledged at all. I think the only main character-owned Pokemon with a good ability was Greninja, and during XYZ Battle Bond wasn't even recognized as an ability.

Look at Mallow's Tsareena. Her ability is Leaf Guard. That sure looks useful against Primarina.

Lillie vs Gladion would be so much more interesting if Snowy has Snow Warning instead of Snow Cloak...

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Pokemon Fan shows Jessie has it, so that's out for both of them. (Though the screencap where she's wearing it might be from before the battle. Who knows.)

It's clearly from before the battle.
And of course the screencap FROM the battle has her holding her arm outside the picture so we can't see if she's wearing it or not. Of course.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Glad to see Wobbuffet fighting
Hopefully James wins, he deserves to place higher than Lillie

TheScentedApple

I think maybe no Z-Moves will be used by Jessie or James, unless Jessie somehow got the psychium or fightinium there’s no Z- Moves but maybe James has it, I can’t really see how he gets it off them. And when it states the outcome of the battle is already decided, I assume that means Jessie tells James to lose but I doubt James will go down without a fight

Decidueye23

James should win. Maraeni should evolve here. it would be cool. seeing its trainer in desperation since it loves james so much should do the trick.

Zariful

You know if Acelora actually has the Ghost Z, Kiawe might be doomed. Unless his plot armor is that strong.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Status
Not open for further replies.