• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 21st: SM131 - Musashi VS Kojiro! A Battlefield of Love and Truth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shotgunrain

You know if Acelora actually has the Ghost Z, Kiawe might be doomed. Unless his plot armor is that strong.
I think Kiawe will win. They gave his Charizard Flyinium Z and established it as part of his team, I think that implies that they will give Charizard some limelight in the league as well. If Kiawe gets eliminated here all of that would have been for nothing.

JoaquinLorie

I think Jame's Mareanie might evolve against Jessie's Woboffet. The text implies something extraordinary haas to happen so i dodnt know.

Red and Blue

Well if James isnt using the Darkium Z Gladion could always use it with Umbreon. It could be the Z crystal he picked from Hapu

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Obviously, the magic future balloon that flies away represents Gladion and his Midnight Lycanroc. He will lose and be free to begin the search for Mohn, while all the classmates will still be busy with the League, hence why their balloons stayed behind. This would also mean both Sophocles and Kiawe manage to win their battles.

And he might not be using Umbreon, either. It could be disguised Zoroark.

ShadowForce720

Obviously, the magic future balloon that flies away represents Gladion and his Midnight Lycanroc. He will lose and be free to begin the search for Mohn, while all the classmates will still be busy with the League, hence why their balloons stayed behind. This would also mean both Sophocles and Kiawe manage to win their battles.

And he might not be using Umbreon, either. It could be disguised Zoroark.

Zoroark:Muwahaaa you thought you were battling Umbreon this entire time but let did you know it was me, Zoroark!

DatsRight

Yay, Wobbuffet's getting some battle time at last. He's used a move all of TWICE in Alola, so a full league battle would be a nice redemption.

Acerola's using that Gengar. Suppose it was building up to something, though odd because it looked like she was gonna use Mimi-tan.

DatsRight

If Lillie and Sophocles both win, then I have absolutely no idea how this League gets regarded as anything but a nice little random tournament with no ties to an official League

One of either Lana and Mallow are qualifying and they trained even less than either of them, it's already a partway farce.

I think Kiawe will win. They gave his Charizard Flyinium Z and established it as part of his team, I think that implies that they will give Charizard some limelight in the league as well. If Kiawe gets eliminated here all of that would have been for nothing.

Plus we've had constant hints to an Ash vs Kiawe battle. Only ever tasters or brief clips, it would seem odd to not have it finally culminate.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Missingno. Master said:
Also, Wobbuffet? Interesting. Then again, I kinda saw this coming, since Mimikyu ain't interested if the opponent is anyone other than Pikachu.

I remember people saying this before, and I thought that the writers would simply find a way to get Musashi to motivate Mimikkyu to battle here, but I guess that the writers want to keep Mimikkyu's personality consistent by keeping it out of battles that don't directly involve Pikachu. I can respect that.

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
Umbreon can learn Throat Chop in USUM, it’s be cool if Gladion’s had that in its moveset. I’d imagine it’s fourth move would be something like Quick Attack/Double Team or something

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Is it like some unwritten rule that every Eeveelution owned throughout the shows history must have the move Shadow Ball? Are Serena's Sylveon, Lana's Sandy, and Ilima's Eevee the only ones to never have the move at all?

TheWanderingMist

Is it like some unwritten rule that every Eeveelution owned throughout the shows history must have the move Shadow Ball? Are Serena's Sylveon, Lana's Sandy, and Ilima's Eevee the only ones to never have the move at all?
If there are 3 exceptions, 2 of which are for major characters, I don't really think it can be called an unwritten rule.

wellwellwells

Yes. Either Shadow Ball or Swift MUST be in their movesets.

TheWanderingMist

wonder what meowth be doing, still running the food truck?
Probably internally debating who to root for, or keeping an eye out for Bewear.

Red and Blue

If James does win I wonder if he will try and talk Meowth into fighting in the quarter finals(if it isn't another 1 vs. 1)

ShadowForce720

If James does win I wonder if he will try and talk Meowth into fighting in the quarter finals(assuming it isn't another 1 vs. 1)

probably, because it's either that or he borrows one of Jessie's pokemon or he goes to Bewear gets down on his knees and begs Bewear for it to allow him to use Stufful in the league. The easiest option though would be for him to just go to Meowth and make a deal with him and say that if Meowth participates in the league on his team for all of his league matches then regardless of whether they he wins or loses the league or even loses the very next round he will get Meowth a desert or other food item that Meowth wants.

Because let's face it Meowth will tolerate getting beat up in a battle if it means that he gets free food.

TheWanderingMist

probably, because it's either that or he borrows one of Jessie's pokemon or he goes to Bewear gets down on his knees and begs Bewear for it to allow him to use Stufful in the league. The easiest option though would be for him to just go to Meowth and make a deal with him and say that if Meowth participates in the league on his team for all of his league matches then regardless of whether they he wins or loses the league or even loses the very next round he will get Meowth a desert or other food item that Meowth wants.

Because let's face it Meowth will tolerate getting beat up in a battle if it means that he gets free food.
They all run the same business this time, so they're not getting separate paychecks. How exactly is James gonna promise Meowth anything for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.