• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 21st: SM131 - Musashi VS Kojiro! A Battlefield of Love and Truth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think Lillie vs Gladion will be a close match with Lillie causing an upset .

I really couldn't care less about Jessie vs James; this match up seems like a complete waste of time and will most likely end with Bewear dragging both of them away anyways.

Red and Blue

I'm still amazed at how incredibly different Lusamine is compared to her game counterpart

forcing Meltan out made me wonder if Mimikyu was Jessie's first choice but Wobbuffet came out for whatever reason.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Exactly. They NEED some action in the episode otherwise it'll feel like a semi-filler training episode they should have done earlier.
Oh they’re battling this episode. Check Wick and Burnet holding up the banner with their faces and Lillie is looking up from the stadium.

Red and Blue

Exactly. They NEED some action in the episode otherwise it'll feel like a semi-filler training episode they should have done earlier.
Sorry, I should have been more clearer. I meant they can squeeze in Lillie vs. Gladion in the last few minutes of this episode.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
There's a break episode in every League around this time. Lost at the League, whatever the Lysandre episode was called, etc.

Kdude146

Here is how I see things going in the next episode

Jessie vs James - Jessie wins but Marenie evolves in this battle
Sophocles vs Mina - Sophocles wins
Kiawe vs Acerola - Kiawe wins
Lillie vs Gladion - Gladion wins

The 8 battles will be like this:

Ash vs Hau
Kiawe vs Sophocles
Lana vs Guzma
Gladion vs Jessie

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Here is how I see things going in the next episode

Jessie vs James - Jessie wins but Marenie evolves in this battle

The 8 battles will be like this:

Ash vs Hau
Kiawe vs Sophocles
Lana vs Guzma
Gladion vs Jessie

Arceus I hope not.... that'd be just as bad if not worse as Mallow finally mastering her z-move, only to lose(Seriously why even bother having her struggle? Such terribly awful writing.... )
James deserves to win, he doesn't get to legitimately participate in many things anymore. Jessie gets to do stuff without cheating every other gen now...
The last thing James did legitimately was back in DP!

Guzma totes needs to make Lana cry though, I'd forgive everything if they do that...

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
There's really no use in letting Jessie advance when Mimikyu will never get a chance to fight Pikachu. Ash is only tangeling with rivals and Guzma staring from top 8. And with Wobuffet being a joke, I don't see what's there for her to do.

Master Pikachu 11

There's really no use in letting Jessie advance when Mimikyu will never get a chance to fight Pikachu. Ash is only tangeling with rivals and Guzma staring from top 8. And with Wobuffet being a joke, I don't see what's there for her to do.
Exactly plus James has more of a reason to continue to move on because he wants to challenge Royal Mask and he would at least put up more of a fight to who ever he will take on next because Wobuffet hardly attacks and it would be a joke for Jessie to use it again when she can’t even use Mimikyu.

dman_dustin

I liked that they barely showed Lillie’s battle with Gladion. He does seem ticked off for some reason. With how little footage we’re getting, it shows that their battle will be the most impactful. I also think that Jessie and James’ battle won’t last that long or seem like much.

Based on the preview and how Gladion seemed at the end of the Battle Royal episode, I don't think Gladion is at all happy that Lillie is in the league or that he has to battle against her.

Exactly plus James has more of a reason to continue to move on because he wants to challenge Royal Mask and he would at least put up more of a fight to who ever he will take on next because Wobuffet hardly attacks and it would be a joke for Jessie to use it again when she can’t even use Mimikyu.

Are we just going to ignore that the only real ways to defeat Wobbuffet are by damage from status effects or knocking it out before it knocks you out. Counter and Mirror Coat should NOT be taken lightly.

Master Pikachu 11

Based on the preview and how Gladion seemed at the end of the Battle Royal episode, I don't think Gladion is at all happy that Lillie is in the league or that he has to battle against her.

Are we just going to ignore that the only real ways to defeat Wobbuffet are by damage from status effects or knocking it out before it knocks you out. Counter and Mirror Coat should NOT be taken lightly.
Obviously James won’t take it lightly but still the next opponents would easily knock Wobbuffet out quickly before it knocks them out. Still doesn’t change the fact that James has more of reason win and move on in this battle then Jessie since Ash will not take her on over Gladion and Guzma. Plus James can use the z move unlike Jessie in the later rounds

axelme

Sophocles vs. Mina feels like the only match were I'm not certain of the outcome. It really could go either way

nah, they have Lana in the top 8. thats good enough (in their view).

Sophocles will beat Mina.

Gladion will beat Lillie but i'm okay with that because it would make no sense to have Lillie beat him when its been established that he's one of the strongest trainers this season.

i really want there to be a surprise and see Kiawe lose but that won't happen. Acerola is probably the best case for a female going deep but ofcourse she gets paired against Kiawe. why not put her against mina or mallow

james actually has a love of pokemon and has shown to be more knowledgeable about them than jessie anyway in the past. it makes no sense for him to lose this one. much as i want more than just lana in the top 8 for the girls it should not be jessie. and it better not get interrupted. having omne actually beat the other could create a really interesting little side story. we all know jessie sees herself as the leader and the strongest in the group so how will she handle losing to james. i would like to see that.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Lillie defeating Umbreon with Shiron would be totally fine but Lillie defeating Gladion with Shiron would not be fine at all.
I wish they could have established Lillie as battler earlier in the series and Gladion could be her rival which she defeats in the league.

Sophocles vs Mina- I think Mina will win just because I don't see all the boys going in top 8, but it could go either way. Vikavolt has String Shot which can lower Ribombee's speed and defeat her.
James vs Jessie- If Mimikyu won't battle Pikachu then give this one to James. He barely gets anything, and hoping Mareanie evolves here.
Kiawe vs Acerola- Could go either way, but I doubt Kiawe is placing lower that Lana and also, if Kahili lost in top 151, Acerola can lose here too and give Kiawe a Ghostium Z.
Lillie vs Gladion-There has been a lot of build up for an Ash vs Gladion battle but I see this being a really close one, since Lillie is strategic at battling.

ShadowForce720

Just pointing this out, but if you look at the preview for this episode you will notice that Jessie is wearing the Z-Power Ring, which pretty much confirms that James isn't going to be using a Z-move in this match.

Red and Blue

Just pointing this out, but if you look at the preview for this episode you will notice that Jessie is wearing the Z-Power Ring, which pretty much confirms that James isn't going to be using a Z-move in this match.
Thus saving the Darkium Z for James in the Quartfinals. Either that or Gladion will use it against Lillie.

EDIT: Oh wait Jessie never got that chance to use Mimikyu's Z move. That could point to her winning as well

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Thus saving the Darkium Z for James in the Quartfinals. Either that or Gladion will use it against Lillie.

EDIT: Oh wait Jessie never got that chance to use Mimikyu's Z move. That could point to her winning as well

I feel like James should win just because Jessie is likely going to taunting him and saying that there isn't any way that he is getting past Wobbuffet and that it's too bad he doesn't have this Z-Power Ring, and that he should just give up. So in many ways I think it makes a lot of sense for James to win this to wipe that smug look off of Jessie's face.

Status
Not open for further replies.