• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 21st: SM131 - Musashi VS Kojiro! A Battlefield of Love and Truth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Thus saving the Darkium Z for James in the Quartfinals. Either that or Gladion will use it against Lillie.

EDIT: Oh wait Jessie never got that chance to use Mimikyu's Z move. That could point to her winning as well
In the league or in general because she used it against Ash in Ula Ula.

ShadowForce720

Does anyone here want to try taking a crack at guess what Mina's Rimbombee's move set will wind up being? Keep in mind that the last time we saw it before the league it was shown to know Pollen Puff, so it probably still knows that move.

Red and Blue

Does anyone here want to try taking a crack at guess what Mina's Rimbombee's move set will wind up being? Keep in mind that the last time we saw it before the league it was shown to know Pollen Puff, so it probably still knows that move.
Given its small size and speed it probably knows Quiver dance.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Pollen Puff
Dazzling Gleam
Psychic (to further cripple Vikavolt)
Quiver Dance

ShadowForce720

Pollen Puff
Dazzling Gleam
Psychic (to further cripple Vikavolt)
Quiver Dance

Interestingly enough I was looking at the pokefan scans that shows 3 pictures for this match and while two of the pictures are showing Vikavolt using Zap Cannon against Rimbombee, in the last picture however shows Rimbombee using what looks like the move Psychic against Vikavolt. Also in regards to the Kiawe vs Acerola match I think looking at the pictures, seeing the preview and looking at what it says about the match I think I figured out what's going on.

Basically at one point during the battle Gengar will grab Marowak's bone when Marowak tries to hit it with the move Shadow Bone then Gengar will take the bone and store it in it's body this eventually leads to the part in the preview where we see Marowak without it's bone using Iron Head on Gengar and going into Gengar, with the reason it's entering into Gengar is to retrieve it's bone from within Gengar.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
So does anyone know how Ash is gonna battle Guzma, Hau AND Gladion (not to mention it’s implied him and Kiawe want to battle each other here in the league)? Hau and Ash already promised to battle each other and Ash still owes Guzma a rematch from him dominating Ash that one time at the school. This makes me wonder if Lillie is actually going to beat Gladion here.

Red and Blue

So does anyone know how Ash is gonna battle Guzma, Hau AND Gladion? Hau and Ash already promised to battle each other, Ash still owes Guzma a rematch from him dominating him that one time at the school. This makes me wonder if Lillie is actually going to be Gladion here.
We know he is fighting Hau in the Quarter finals. He can defeat Gladion in the semifinals and take on Guzma in the finals

R0shan

Arcaknight
So does anyone know how Ash is gonna battle Guzma, Hau AND Gladion (not to mention it’s implied him and Kiawe want to battle each other here in the league)?

The bigger concern may not be that he doesn't face all three, but rather that he does, and then the length of these battles becomes the main issue. Bird Battle! is already the sixth episode of this league conference, and I don't expect this tournament to last more than eight episodes, unless this league conference will buck the trend and be the longest competition in the anime. Therefore, that would only leave 2-2.5 episodes to complete a semifinal and final, which means the battles themselves will be a shorter format (3 vs 3 as opposed to a full battle [in Ash's case a 5 vs 5]) and/or rushed.

ShadowForce720

The bigger concern may not be that he doesn't face all three, but rather that he does, and then the length of these battles becomes the main issue. Bird Battle! is already the sixth episode of this league conference, and I don't expect this tournament to last more than eight episodes, unless this league conference will buck the trend and be the longest competition in the anime. Therefore, that would only leave 2-2.5 episodes to complete a semifinal and final, which means the battles themselves will be a shorter format (3 vs 3 as opposed to a full battle [in Ash's case a 5 vs 5]) and/or rushed.

Actually I could see this league ending in September going by it's current pacing, as they could have the top 8, top 4, and the finals take 2 episodes each for which would lead to the final part of the finals being episode 138. Which would mean that the league could be 10 episodes this would mean that the final part of the finals would air on September 8th, which I think would work out just fine.

An interesting thing to note in regards to Guzma in regards to episode 130 if you look at the poke problem for the episode it asked which pokemon does Guzma used in the episode with the possible answers being Masquerain, Scizor, Pinsir, and Golisopod

Guzma is already confirmed to have two of these pokemon being Golisopod and Scizor while all four of the options are pokemon that Guzma owns in the game, I know that just because a character owns a pokemon in the game doesn't necessarily mean that they will own it in the anime however given the question I do wonder if it's safe to say that since Guzma probably has more pokemon with him if it means that the pokeproblem segment may have revealed two of Guzma's other pokemon being Masquerain and Pinsir?

Last edited:

R0shan

Arcaknight
Actually I could see this league ending in September going by it's current pacing, as they could have the top 8, top 4, and the finals take 2 episodes each for which would lead to the final part of the finals being episode 138. Which would mean that the league could be 10 episodes this would mean that the final part of the finals would air on September 8th, which I think would work out just fine.

Despite this current pacing, some of the battles have been very quick, such as Ash vs Faba and Hau vs Samson Oak even with the format being only 1 vs 1. A ten episode league conference sounds perfect, but all of the previous league conferences only lasted between six to eight episodes. I am expecting eight episodes, maybe nine. My concern is that Ash vs Gladion & Guzma will only be 3 vs 3 despite being a league conference (semi)finals, and with the lack of time, they won't be as drawn out.

ShadowForce720

Despite this current pacing, some of the battles have been very quick, such as Ash vs Faba and Hau vs Samson Oak even with the format being only 1 vs 1. A ten episode league conference sounds perfect, but all of the previous league conferences only lasted between six to eight episodes. I am expecting eight episodes, maybe nine. My concern is that Ash vs Gladion & Guzma will only be 3 vs 3 despite being a league conference (semi)finals, and with the lack of time, they won't be as drawn out.

I don't think that final would be a 3vs3 because for instance in the case of Ash vs Guzma, Ash has currently 5 pokemon on his team and Guzma could easily have more pokemon that he just hasn't shown off yet, and in Gladion's case he has 4 pokemon currently but could easily have more that he just hasn't revealed yet. However if Kiawe is in the Top 4 since he currently only has 3 pokemon there are two routes they can go with the first being just having the semi-finals be 3vs3 or the 2nd option is Kiawe gets one or more additional pokemon.

Now if they go the route of having Kiawe getting an additional pokemon I could see them going one of two ways the first being Kiawe just borrows pokemon from his families ranch, the second way would be he goes back and catches that one Crawduant that is a friend of Turtonator. Which if he does go down the route of getting Crawduant on his team I could see it being case of while Ash is trying to help Rowlet learn Feather Dance in episode 131 Kiawe says he has to go do something real quick and he will be right back and then when it finally comes for him to battle Lana in the Top 8 he catches her off guard by sending out Crawduant revealing that during the break he went to get Crawduant to join his team.

Yeah I know those two options aren't necessarily the best option but if Kiawe is going to get another pokemon to use in the league I would prefer they go down the Crawduant route do to Crawdaunt already be a established pokemon in that we've at least seen it before and it has some clear relation to Kiawe being Turtonator's friend.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I wouldn't bat an eye if the semi-finals is a typical Battle Royale with everyone using one pokémon, thereby ignoring the fact nobody has a full team

Ash, Guzma, Hau, Gladion

Then the finals is using your current team on hand, because if you've made it that far, then your pokémon can definitely handle several battles in a row without switching

Or maybe RNGesus has been incredibly kind to you

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls

I don't think that final would be a 3vs3 because for instance in the case of Ash vs Guzma, Ash has currently 5 pokemon on his team and Guzma could easily have more pokemon that he just hasn't shown off yet, and in Gladion's case he has 4 pokemon currently but could easily have more that he just hasn't revealed yet.
Considering that Gladio literally just caught his fourth in the very last episode before the League started, and this capture was given its own subplot in the episode, I would find it incredibly cheap if in the semifinals or finals he just goes "And here is my fifth Pokémon!"

Considering that Gladio literally just caught his fourth in the very last episode before the League started, and this capture was given its own subplot in the episode, I would find it incredibly cheap if in the semifinals or finals he just goes "And here is my fifth Pokémon!"
Did they explicitly state that this was his fourth?

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Did they explicitly state that this was his fourth?
I mean, he introduced Zoroark to the rest of his team in the PokéProblem skit. It would be a bit far-fetched to just say "Oh yeah he actually has another Pokémon, he just decided for some reason not to let it out to meet Zoroark like he did with the other three".

Status
Not open for further replies.