• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 21st: SM131 - Musashi VS Kojiro! A Battlefield of Love and Truth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, he introduced Zoroark to the rest of his team in the PokéProblem skit. It would be a bit far-fetched to just say "Oh yeah he actually has another Pokémon, he just decided for some reason not to let it out to meet Zoroark like he did with the other three".
Yeah, in that case it would be a little weird.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I want kojoro to win this match simply because series after series he has been screwed over in favour of musahi.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
The fifth Pokemon should be Noivern.

We've never seen that Noivern in the inventory of Aether Paradise, so it could be Gladion's own personal capture. It would better explain why he has Dragonium Z than Lycanroc using it as a coverage move.
Yeah, that could actually work. I mean I'm still kind of surprised that we've seen no indication that any of the classmates are using their Ultra Guardians Ride Pokémon in the League... The show has been pretty much treating them like "their" Pokémon anyway, and we have seen them commanding them in battle... Yet it's looking like the only one that might potentially see any action in the League is Kaki's Lizardon.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
If we count Noivern, then Gladion has 5 pokemon, and he can always borrow 1 more pokemon from Lusamine. It won't be an issue I guess!!

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
I absolutely thought the Ride Pokemon would be used in the league, based on the prior bonding episodes, but I think the writing will conveniently avoid answering that question by eliminating them early.

Even if Lana and Kiawe are the only ones standing, they actually own their Ride Pokemon and so won't have to rely on the Ultra Guardians mounts.

DatsRight

James I agree would likely make sense given that Jessie likely will be low priority rival wise for Ash compared to Hau, Gladion, Guzma, etc. Granted we never got that battle between him and Ilima either. If Jessie gets to use Mimikyu against Ash then it's a sure deal she'll win, but it looks like Ash's lineup is pretty full already.

I do root for James a little, as many have mentioned, he never really gets much compared to Jessie and Mareanie has been sidelined a fair deal, but yeah, if Mallow and Kiawe can't make it, their favourite jobber realistically won't either.

Lillie and Gladion seems an easy decision, unless Gladion lets Lillie win or something, which would be an interesting twist.

The other battles can go either way. While they have put some credibility to Kiawe and even a small bit to Sophocles recently, we haven't seen anything from Mina or Acerola before, and being weird harmless looking characters, they could easily pull a wild card on us. This series loves underdogs or characters that are easy to underestimate.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I want kojoro to win this match simply because series after series he has been screwed over in favour of musahi.

That is exactly why he should!
Cause if the pokegirl has an actual goal again, you can be certain they'll involve Jessie much like May, Dawn, and Serena.

James hardly gets to do anything anymore as every other competition they enter, they insist on having Team Rocket cheat rather than try to win legitimately like they've done in several AG and DP competitions.
Jessie's also placed in the top 4 in the Sinnoh Grand Festival... also came close in the Master Class(She was robbed).... she doesn't need this

Leonhart

Imagineer
lemoncatpower said:
Well James is surprised about something and same with wobbufet and Jessie in another so I’m really really hoping Mareanie evolves here!!

I really do hope that an evolution for Hidoide will occur in this episode. I wouldn't even care if it might still lose upon evolving, I just think that Hidoide evolving should've happened a long time ago, and I'd accept that happening here because a roster update for Kojirou is still better than nothing.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
That is exactly why he should!
Cause if the pokegirl has an actual goal again, you can be certain they'll involve Jessie much like May, Dawn, and Serena.

James hardly gets to do anything anymore as every other competition they enter, they insist on having Team Rocket cheat rather than try to win legitimately like they've done in several AG and DP competitions.
Jessie's also placed in the top 4 in the Sinnoh Grand Festival... also came close in the Master Class(She was robbed).... she doesn't need this
I want to see James go for Gym badges in Galar, and end up being a rival to Ash.

DatsRight

Kill two birds with one stone and make him the rival to the male companion next series. SM shown they can do ongoing things with the male companion, just give James similar resources to compete with them without cheating.

I think the main issue with James however is that he is less bombastic and compulsively evil as Jessie. One of the things that keeps sympathy on the female companion is that Jessie is a pompous asshole. I mean you take the karma away and TR sometimes looks harder working than the twerps (eg. May's Wurmple being lazy and untrained compared to Jessie's but somehow automatically better when it evolves). Team Rocket are nearly always the underdogs, but evil underdogs to balance it out, but James alone kinda risks unbalancing that and making the twerps the unfairly privileged rivals.

I feel like maybe SM downplayed TR as rivals because they wanted to let the twerps work sympathetic in individual development for once, not need a straw loser or relative accomplishment, even if you could tell the series struggled a bit without that crutch sometimes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.