• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 21st: SM131 - Musashi VS Kojiro! A Battlefield of Love and Truth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

And that's bad, because if they even have time to show a random wingull with rowlet scene, i wonder how rushed will be the other battles. At leats i hope Vulpix vs Umbreon isn't only one hit move to KO like meltan lol
I figured James vs. Jessie and the Aether siblings would get the most focus of the episode. Sophocles vs. Mina and Kiawe vs. Acerola could be pretty brief

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Given the line about how their pokémon would hate it at HQ, and the existence of Mimikyu, Mareanie, and Bewear in the Galar region makes me hope they'll keep their pokémon this time and start battling with two or more pokémon

Especially if they get Impidimp

Yes please!
The TRio haters actually have a point of their encounters being repetitive when they've only got one Pokemon each! And James' Pokemon seem cursed to not evolve(Hopefully that curse ends tomorrow....)
They do have Wobbuffett, but the writers hardly use him in combat... despite knowing how to do it well(XY 1 being the prime example...)

Not really?

James is usually shown caring for his pokemon while the most Ash does is battle, train, and feed them

The TRio's goodbyes to their pokemon are far more emotional than Ash just dropping his off at Oak's

They'll probably be the only post-OS releases worthy of note forever, if they keep up the crap they pulled with Goodra, Greninja, and Poipole.
Even though it was obvious Wobbuffett and Inkay weren't going to leave, it was still tear jerky to see Jessie and James were willing to leave them. Ash's just felt rushed and pointless... especially Poipole....

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Yes please!
The TRio haters actually have a point of their encounters being repetitive when they've only got one Pokemon each! And James' Pokemon seem cursed to not evolve(Hopefully that curse ends tomorrow....)
They do have Wobbuffett, but the writers hardly use him in combat... despite knowing how to do it well(XY 1 being the prime example...)

They'll probably be the only post-OS releases worthy of note forever, if they keep up the crap they pulled with Goodra, Greninja, and Poipole.
Even though it was obvious Wobbuffett and Inkay weren't going to leave, it was still tear jerky to see Jessie and James were willing to leave them. Ash's just felt rushed and pointless... especially Poipole....
Arbok/Weezing? Dustox?

Lightning Bolt

I'm rather surprised "Jessie vs James" is the main focus of the episode. Considering Aya Matsui loves the Aether Family, especially Lillie, I was expecting a focus on the "LillievsGladion" match. I could even see the title being "Lillie vs Gladion! A Sibling Showdown!". But since TRio is a main part of the show and this is the first serious official battle between them, I can understand the writers's decision this time. Lillie and Gladion probably will get a lot of focus in the Mohn arc. I really hope Mareanie evolves here tho. It's been like forever since James got a evolution. I also hope Soph vs Mina and Kiawe vs Acerola dont get rushed like Hau vs Samson or Ash vs Faba.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I'm rather surprised "Jessie vs James" is the main focus of the episode. Considering Aya Matsui loves the Aether Family, especially Lillie, I was expecting a focus on the "LillievsGladion" match. I could even see the title being "Lillie vs Gladion! A Sibling Showdown!". But since TRio is a main part of the show and this is the first serious official battle between them, I can understand the writers's decision this time. Lillie and Gladion probably will get a lot of focus in the Mohn arc. I really hope Mareanie evolves here tho. It's been like forever since James got a evolution. I also hope Soph vs Mina and Kiawe vs Acerola dont get rushed like Hau vs Samson or Ash vs Faba.
Who cares about characters limited by region when you can put more focus on the characters that are forever doomed to be around?

Not constrained by fanservice, anniversary, or promotion either

NitroLightningFlash

Looking forward to this episode, i really hope James wins here as Jessie has had a lot of wins in the past, with the likes of Contests and Showcases.

James had a good thing going with Poke-Ringer contests (competed in a couple in the past), but they never expanded on it, so he really deserves a win here, he hasn't done anything like it in so long now.

Everything he's done, he's done it as part of Team Rocket, not his own thing whilst Jessie was doing her own thing with Showcases/Contests you know what i mean? ^^;

Mareanie may or may not evolve, he could use Baneful Bunker with Toxapex if she evolves, but i thought you needed to actually attack Toxapex with a move for the poison to work? (Wobbuffet only knows Counter and Mirror Coat so won't be able to attack unless Toxapex does...unless she learns Toxic or something >.<;;

I just hope that Bewear doesn't come to get them from the League or anything so there's no winner, or that Wobbuffet doesn't learn Destiny Bond or anything like that resulting in a tie >.<;;

It'll be really nice to see James win here!

Either way i'm excited for this episode, i've been looking forward to both Jessie and James battling each other for a while ^^

Last edited:

DatsRight

Yes please!

I don't think it's so much they can't make Wobbuffet powerful so much as after doing so they struggle to think up clever ways to defeat him afterwards. This was kind of the issue with his involvement in XY, they made him battle more but the twerps seldom defeated him on their own, usually relying on chance or interruption, likely why by about the first half they just stopped using him or the twerps would end up looking incompetent. The Team Rocket battles sadly are designed to be the breather battles after all.

This is a key reason I think Mimikyu might not transfer to Galar since without Bewear constantly butting in it might be harder to keep an even handed rival for Pikachu without Mimikyu suffering some decay.

Status
Not open for further replies.