• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 21st: XY&Z034 - Semifinal Full Battle! Ash VS Shota!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Ash winning is like evolving Pikachu and him capturing a legendary. Unless I see it for myself then I am sticking with my opinion of Alain winning.

And you are going to end up battered by people with actually good arguments narrative wise that think Ash can win this.

Historically all of Ash rivals that gave him a hard time actually lost to him in a league. Historically Ash has never gotten to an actual Final in a league tournament.

I know you have a lot of bias on charX and put a dubious win vs Malva as sheer evidence, however Ash record implies it can actually win, we are no longer on the original writer's intention of having Ash flunk or having a Pokemon rebellion + dinosaurs in the third movie, we are on a competent Ash centric narrative, the hype is real.

I would advise you to not post further as your opinion isn't well received and since it's only your personal bias without strong evidence it ends up falling as bait for people to argue with your sentimental values.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Except it was clearly shown that if she didn't start actually taking the battle seriously and starting using Moon Blast she would have actually lost, in this is evident in the fact that it took all of Mega Gardevoir strength to break free of Team Rocket's restraint and blast them away with a single attack and after that was so drained it reverted back to normal.

I don't believe that. Ash-Greninja cannot defeat a champion's pokemon in my opinion. I am not changing my mind/opinion on Ash losing the league unless it is proven otherwise.

ShadowForce720

I don't believe that. Ash-Greninja cannot defeat a champion's pokemon in my opinion. I am not changing my mind/opinion on Ash losing the league unless it is proven otherwise.

Listen I'm not saying that if Ash and Diantha had an actual battle where it was Ash-Greninja vs Mega Gardevoir and Diantha and Mega Gardevoir actually took the battle seriously and used Moon Blast that Ash-Greninja would win because of course then Ash-Greninja would lose , however in regards to that battle they had in Pokémon XY&Z episode 25 because Diantha did not take the battle seriously at first and even when she Mega evolved Gardevoir she didn't have it use Moon Blast when it Mega Evolved however if the battle kept going on at that rate and she still didn't use Moon Blast then Ash-Greninja would actually win since she underestimated it.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Listen I'm not saying that if Ash and Diantha had an actual battle where it was Ash-Greninja vs Mega Gardevoir and Diantha and Mega Gardevoir actually took the battle seriously and used Moon Blast that Ash-Greninja would win because of course then Ash-Greninja would lose , however in regards to that battle they had in Pokémon XY&Z episode 25 because Diantha did not take the battle seriously at first and even when she Mega evolved Gardevoir she didn't have it use Moon Blast when it Mega Evolved however if the battle kept going on at that rate and she still didn't use Moon Blast then Ash-Greninja would actually win since she underestimated it.

Still doubt it but I leave it that. This is suppose to be Ash vs Sawyer anyway. I think it is likely that Ash and Sawyer would go down to the last pokemon standing because it be unfair for Sawyer to have most of his team one shot by Ash-Greninja.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Still doubt it but I leave it that. This is suppose to be Ash vs Sawyer anyway. I think it is likely that Ash and Sawyer would go down to the last pokemon standing because it be unfair for Sawyer to have most of his team one shot by Ash-Greninja.

Confirmed 3 Pokémon battling already, it ain't a sweep.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Confirmed 3 Pokémon battling already, it ain't a sweep.

I thought four. Pikachu is the third one out vs. Clawitzer (iirc), and Ash-Greninja vs. M-Sceptile still needs to happen.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

IMO, Ash did way better against Diantha than Alain did against Steven. Alain had a type advantage and Ash had a type disadvantage.
So Ash is definitely winning the league or at least taking out ZardX no prob.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
He got lucky. It should made more sense to lose to Sawyer and have Alain defeat Sawyer. I don't believe Ash has a good chance of winning at all.
Ignoring the stuff about whether Alain will win or lose, in what world does it make more sense for Sawyer to beat Ash rather than Alain? The fact that Sawyer has gotten this powerful this quickly despite being so inexperienced when we first met him stretches disbelief enough as is.

That Sawyer desires to beat Ash is hardly a justification. Proving to be a strong opponent is good enough for his character arc.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Ignoring the stuff about whether Alain will win or lose, in what world does it make more sense for Sawyer to beat Ash rather than Alain? The fact that Sawyer has gotten this powerful this quickly despite being so inexperienced when we first met him stretches disbelief enough as is.

That Sawyer desires to beat Ash is hardly a justification. Proving to be a strong opponent is good enough for his character arc.

And that's why I like Sawyer as a rival as opposed to many people on this forum. At least from what I've seen. He's shown to be a rival that progresses further and further, motivated by the drive to keep up with Ash. Him losing here would be the likeliest thing to happen, but it's not going to end without a fight.

I sincerely believe this will be very good full battle. Not Ash VS Paul full battle epic, but still pretty good.

I'm wondering how Pikachu's gonna handle Aegislash since he's likely beaten Clawitzer in order to face up against him. Plus, Ash has to deal with Aegislash's version of Protect and its ability, which I'm still a little unclear on. What does Stance Change do for Aegislash again?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
What does Stance Change do for Aegislash again?
King's Shield causes it to change to Shield Forme, raising its defenses, blocking attacks (but not status moves) and if the opponent makes physical contact with the shield it causes their attack stat to drop. Using it more repeatedly in a row makes it likely to fail.

Using any attack move causes Stance Change to change Aegislash to Blade Forme, its defenses go down greatly while its offensive stats rise greatly.

Whether the anime will adopt all those aspects remains to be seen of course.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Finally, this battle is a confirmation of Ash reaching the finals for the first time!

By the way, I hope to see Ash winning the semi-finals with his 6th Pokémon unused and unrevealed. That would make the 6th slot a "surprise" (most probably Goodra) for the finals. I also want to see Pikachu not getting fainted and just switched out, and then 1 of Ash's other Pokémon (but not Pikachu or Greninja) slay 2 of Sawyer's Pokémon here for a "shining" moment/achievement.

That would be sweet, especially if they will make Alain sweep up to the semi-finals not using all of his Pokémon and make Mega Charizard X a multi-slayer in a single match. I mean, for an additional hype.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Finally, this battle is a confirmation of Ash reaching the finals for the first time!

By the way, I hope to see Ash winning the semi-finals with his 6th Pokémon unused and unrevealed. That would make the 6th slot a "surprise" (most probably Goodra) for the finals. I also want to see Pikachu not getting fainted and just switched out, and then 1 of Ash's other Pokémon (but not Pikachu or Greninja) slay 2 of Sawyer's Pokémon here for a "shining" moment/achievement.

That would be sweet, especially if they will make Alain sweep up to the semi-finals not using all of his Pokémon and make Mega Charizard X a multi-slayer in a single match. I mean, for an additional hype.

So last region it was bad that he lost 5vs6, but now it's cool that he wins 5vs6? they mention the 6th pokemon in the summary, so the 6th pokemon should appear here. I don't want it to be 5vs6 at least, not with a main character, if he beat some random scrub 4vs6 sure, not here.

So last region it was bad that he lost 5vs6, but now it's cool that he wins 5vs6? they mention the 6th pokemon in the summary, so the 6th pokemon should appear here. I don't want it to be 5vs6 at least, not with a main character, if he beat some random scrub 4vs6 sure, not here.

You don't see the difference between a seasoned trainer like Ash losing 5v6 against a noob like Sawyer?

Not to mention the fact that Cameron didn't even bring 6 pokemon and Ash is the main character!

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
You don't see the difference between a seasoned trainer like Ash losing 5v6 against a noob like Sawyer?

Not to mention the fact that Cameron didn't even bring 6 pokemon and Ash is the main character!

The kid has shown to be strong at this point, if they are going to ditch Trevor, and Tierno, we don't need to have him beat Shoota 5vs6, plus Goodra might actually get the chance to be the star here, instead of Alain fight, that will most likelly be focused on Greninja and Charizard.

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

Or may be the mystery pokemon/godra will be sent 1st. Not to mention sawyer is gonna have salamance on his team as well. Someone's gotta get rid of it.

thebestpokemontrainer

Pokemon Master
Will going by that logic then I guess will be seeing Ash with a Raichu and a legendary pokemon that he caught soon.

Haha, well we never did get to see Articuno this region despite seeing its siblings. Maybe Ash-Greninja
managed to duel it to a draw off-screen, and that's Ash's sixth ;). In all seriousness, I'm hoping Goodra is his
sixth & I'm hoping he wins. It's his first time in the finals, it's the 20th anniversary, he'll be up against a rival
he's lost too every time before... hmm...

magicallypuzzled

Well are you expecting like a 10 episode league or something? What's the point of having one more episode of random league battles if we know ash is getting to the top 4 and then 2? 2 episodes of of the semi and 2 of the final round are a lot.

the point is that league battles are always some of the best battles we ever get if they aren't rushed :(. and are often episodes that are worth re-watching many times over i still go back and re-watch all of ash's battles in sinnoh and hoenn as well as some of the other leagues.

every other league i can remember has had 3-4 awesome battles worth watching its rather hard to not be bummed out on a grand total of two. and ash maybe winning this league doesn't in any way change that it just makes it seem like he won the pity league where only two other people were worth any thing.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Ash winning against Sawyer seems confirmed since we seen a preview of him battling Mega Charizard X. I am still banking on Alain winning the league.I think a reserve like Infernape is Ash's final pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.