• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 21st: XY&Z034 - Semifinal Full Battle! Ash VS Shota!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanpycross

God-king
You just brought this up without actual physical (digital?) proof.

My underlying question to that was...

When was this preview shown? To make it easier for you, I want to see this preview.
The Summery refers to them having a battle at the league, which I presume hasnt happened yet by this episode.

His greatest rival, "Alan"! Just what is he fully capable of...!?
At this most important stage to battle at, what tactics will Ash use to seize victory...!?
The two have fought before as well, but Alan has won every time!!
A fierce onslaught of attacks with Mega Charizard X as the centerpiece!!
His other Pokémon are super powerful as well!!

phanpycross

God-king
...Oh. The ambiguous summary that doesn't outright say it and it's still dubious at best.

Im not seeing what's dubious, it mentions which tactics Ash will use, and that he will have to use them at the league.

Unless something interupts the league, they are kinda bound to battle, which means Sawyerr is toast.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Scratch what I said before. I thought I saw a preview of Ash and Alain battling but it was a video showing Froakie and it's evolutions development including the Ash-Greninja form development. Just showed a previous battle of Ash and Alain. Anyway, I notice Rhyperior in a episode and wondered if Sawyer might have one.

ShadowForce720

Scratch what I said before. I thought I saw a preview of Ash and Alain battling but it was a video showing Froakie and it's evolutions development including the Ash-Greninja form development. Just showed a previous battle of Ash and Alain. Anyway, I notice Rhyperior in a episode and wondered if Sawyer might have one.

It's possible, but I'm thinking that it will probably just turn out to wind up belonging to Remo.

LizardonX

Banned
I just can't help but feel like all the tension from this league is gone when we know in advance only 2 pokemon in the entire league can go up against greninja, so using anything else is just a waste of time and is only useful for giving some useless KO fodder some irrelevant screentime.

And since we already know Ash faces Alan, its apparent that Sawyer loses here.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I just can't help but feel like all the tension from this league is gone when we know in advance only 2 pokemon in the entire league can go up against greninja, so using anything else is just a waste of time and is only useful for giving some useless KO fodder some irrelevant screentime.

And since we already know Ash faces Alan, its apparent that Sawyer loses here.
Isn't that sort of thing true of every league for which we get episode titles in advance? The "tension" comes from seeing how Ash wins, which pokemon get to shine in the battle, etc.

LizardonX

Banned
Isn't that sort of thing true of every league for which we get episode titles in advance? The "tension" comes from seeing how Ash wins, which pokemon get to shine in the battle, etc.

The issue here, more than with any other league is how absurdedly overpowered Greninja is compared to both the other pokemon on Ash's team and the other trainers of the league.

As long as he's on the team, there is no tension involved because it struggling against anything less than a mega against normal trainers won't make a lick of sense with how its been portrayed. The previews also shows that reserves aren't happening.

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The issue here, more than with any other league is how absurdedly overpowered Greninja is compared to both the other pokemon on Ash's team and the other trainers of the league.

As long as he's on the team, there is no tension involved because it struggling against anything less than a mega against normal trainers won't make a lick of sense with how its been portrayed.
Which you have to admit is true of pretty much every mega that's been depicted in the anime. When megas are beaten by non mega pokemon it is either because the non mega is much more experienced/stronger to begin with, or it gets worn down from fighting more than one regular pokemon during the battle. Ergo it is consistent if nothing less to have Ash-Greninja depicted in a similar way.

Albeit the fact that Wulfric's Abomasnow took several hits before it mega evolved shows that especially if the non mega has a type advantage/bulk the pokemon is not necessarily going to get quickly knocked out by a mega or mega equivalent pokemon.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach

As long as he's on the team, there is no tension involved because it struggling against anything less than a mega against normal trainers won't make a lick of sense with how its been portrayed. The previews also shows that reserves aren't happening.

I kinda get what you're saying to a point, but I think there's still a good deal of tension in the underlying battles. Matches like Pikachu vs. Aegislash and other ones which aren't just a Mega-slugfest still have to happen, we can safely assume that Greninja won't just be sweeping Sawyer and Alain, even if the earlier battles are a complete breeze. So there's still all of that to look forward to.

Anyways, in regards to Ash vs. Sawyer, the confirmed match-ups so far are Pikachu vs. Aegislash and Clawitzer and Greninja vs. Sceptile, right? I'm going to guess right now that the hypothetical/probable Goodra will be the one to bring down Salamence, probably after it takes down at least two of Ash's Pokemon, then getting taken out by Sceptile before Greninja steps in. I won't be surprised if there's a fall guy, which I'd guess will be Talonflame or maybe Hawlucha.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Which you have to admit is true of pretty much every mega that's been depicted in the anime. When megas are beaten by non mega pokemon it is either because the non mega is much more experienced/stronger to begin with, or it gets worn down from fighting more than one regular pokemon during the battle. Ergo it is consistent if nothing less to have Ash-Greninja depicted in a similar way.

I thought this was obvious...

shac

I am seriously hoping more than half of this episode is dedicated to other battles. I really want to see at least a proper montage of Ash progressing to semis. May be this episode ends with Ash and Shota sending out their first pokemon in battle. Similar to how Ash vs Tyson started with Glaile and Sceptile being sent out and charging at each other.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I am seriously hoping more than half of this episode is dedicated to other battles. I really want to see at least a proper montage of Ash progressing to semis. May be this episode ends with Ash and Shota sending out their first pokemon in battle. Similar to how Ash vs Tyson started with Glaile and Sceptile being sent out and charging at each other.

Which would be weird. As the previous episode we see Tierno vs. Sawyer in the quarterfinals. Then we would see Ash in the quarterfinal here, and then start his semifinal in the same episode? We're all just bartering here for battles that probably won't be shown in the end. We wanted a Hoenn League, we got a Unova League.. -.-

STICKTOPIA

Which would be weird. As the previous episode we see Tierno vs. Sawyer in the quarterfinals. Then we would see Ash in the quarterfinal here, and then start his semifinal in the same episode? We're all just bartering here for battles that probably won't be shown in the end. We wanted a Hoenn League, we got a Unova League.. -.-
this definitely will not be a unova league

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
It is Unova in the sense that all these rivals were introduced... yet Ash is only facing 2 of them. Not to mention the battles thus far seem uninspiring until the full battles occur

nameman

It is Unova in the sense that all these rivals were introduced... yet Ash is only facing 2 of them. Not to mention the battles thus far seem uninspiring until the full battles occur

Because the battles are being sacrificed so far for the sake of the story. Did nobody notice that XYZ32 followed a very similar style to the other arcs that XY has been using? Sure it's different, but that doesn't make it bad. And before people once again say the episode was rushed, there's a difference between rushing and glossing over what isn't considered too important to the tale.

What if the punk-looking guy wasn't a CotD, but a friendly rival throughout the region that failed to make the League? Ash and he bond throughout the Gen, only for Ash to learn that he couldn't make it. Then he challenges Ash to a final match for the same reasons this guy did? Would that have been bad? Plus, there's even more to it than that. I won't get into that to avoid tl;dr territory.

That scene had importance that's being ignored for the sake of complaining that we're not seeing battles from everyone. The battles will come when they come. And they will likely be amazing to watch.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
This would be the first 6 on 6 battle right? Because 3 on 3 for the semi finals/finals won't cut it. Have to wait three weeks for this episode (next week is Tierno vs Sawyer and second week is a break).

Red and Blue

Wonder which of Sawyer's Pokemon Goodra will go up against? Noivern may take out Salamance given the same typing so maybe Surpluff. Would be a great chance to show how much it has gotten over its fear of fairies

Status
Not open for further replies.